PS3 super slim retailers?

Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
Forum Member
Which retailers are selling the PS3 super slim?

Can't find it at Tesco, Play.com etc.

Help!

Thanks

Comments

• TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    Which retailers are selling the PS3 super slim?

Can't find it at Tesco, Play.com etc.

Help!

Thanks

Try shopto.net - free next day delivery there and points!
  • TechnoGeekTechnoGeek Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Game are doing it for £`125.99 with Fifa 13 thrown in i think if you trade in your old slim or you have an Xbox 360 aint got the link you"ll have to call them or look on there there website
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    I imagine all of them but those with old stock will be clearing it first.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not seen it for sale here yet, but then I have not really looked.
    i hope the build quality is better than the slim, because that is awful.
    I saw a mates slim and it feels cheap and tacky and the drive makes more noise than my older fat model.

If my Ps3 goes belly up I will get a another fat model from somewhere, i certainly don't like the idea of a top loading disk, I thought we would have done away with that by now.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    The top loading looks cheap - because it is - designed to cut costs. Better than losing your disc if the slot loader if console fails though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    The top loading looks cheap - because it is - designed to cut costs. Better than losing your disc if the slot loader if console fails though.

My PS3 must be over 4 years old and I have never lost a disk in it. When the time comes that the PS3 dies, I can take the machine apart to get the disk back.

The sliding cover idea is silly, a lot of people have these machines under shelves, so how on earth can you put a disk in and out of the machines if you have very little space above the machine?

I know it is all to cut costs, but to be honest the PS3 should not cost that much to make these days, it is old technology.

i did not buy the PS3 as a games machine, I got it as a media machine, i got some games for it, but if my PS3 dies i may just go for a Blu-ray player instead and get rid of the games if I can't find a decent older PS3 at a decent price.

No, sony lost it, even the Xbox have is not top loading.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive seen one today..i held it it

its nice
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did it feel as flimsy as it looks ?? I'd be really weary of that lid.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »

no it seems well made, i liked it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »

Me too, i wonder how much that lid been tested? I hope they had some sort of automatic tester opening and closing the lid for a few thousand times or even more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    Me too, i wonder how much that lid been tested? I hope they had some sort of automatic tester opening and closing the lid for a few thousand times or even more.
    No, it was never tested.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    I know it is all to cut costs, but to be honest the PS3 should not cost that much to make these days, it is old technology.

It might be 'old' in the scheme of things but that doesn't mean it instantly becomes cheap as chips to make.

I imagine that by now anyone who really wants a PS3 has already got one so by making cheaper versions they are probably hoping to lure in a few more people who have been put off by the price.

Each to their own over the design but I've had a fat, I've got a slim and if it came to it that I needed another one then I'd buy a new superslim. I bought mine to use it, not to look at it. It does a job for me. I don't understand all the fuss tbh!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ballybally wrote: »
    It might be 'old' in the scheme of things but that doesn't mean it instantly becomes cheap as chips to make.

The price drop have been pretty limited to be honest, Sony keeps making it out of cheaper materials and yep the price don't drop that much.

Look at the Xbox and the price of that. Ok, I know that the x-box don't do all the stuff that the PS3 does, but for games players I can understand why they gone for it.
    I imagine that by now anyone who really wants a PS3 has already got one so by making cheaper versions they are probably hoping to lure in a few more people who have been put off by the price.

Maybe, but most games player i know got the X-box, a couple that is really into their games uses a PC.

I got the PS3 for a media centre which it does pretty well, i am the sort of customer Sony don't really want as I may buy a game every 12 months if that. i have been buying pinball tables for zen pinball,once a month, that is not really big spending.
    Each to their own over the design but I've had a fat, I've got a slim and if it came to it that I needed another one then I'd buy a new superslim. I bought mine to use it, not to look at it. It does a job for me. I don't understand all the fuss tbh!

A mate of mine got a slim, his game playing is mostley PC, but he uses the PS3 to play some games and also as a media centre for netflix, optical disks and other online video services.
    He told me he did not like it as it was cheaply built, and noisy, when i went over once I saw what he meant.

Noisy optical unit when in use, cheap buttons to eject the disk, creaky plastic case. i doubt the super slim will be much better, but we will see.

The other thing that bothers me is that my PS3 fat gets a bit warm now and again, not often, but now and again the fan will speed up a little bit, how are smaller units going to cope with that with less air inside to move around?

I still have no idea what I would do if or when my PS3 goes belly up, replace it with another second hand fat version or just go for a normal DVD player as long as I can get netfliks.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think once the old stock of the out going slim have sold out the price of the super slim will drop to near 360 levels. Now I don't know about anybody else, but for that price and a subscription to PSN+ with all those full game downloads, I wouldn't be worrying about IF the disc cover is gonna break, its probably no more likely to break than the moving parts in the current slims disc mechanism, less likely if anything!

Why would they need to test it anyway? Its a sliding plastic lid held shut with a latch, what is there to test???
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet this new super slim with its cheap top loading drive still doesn't scratch discs.

Sony have confirmed that the price of the 500GB has been sold to retailers at a price very close to the 320GB Slim, whilst the 12GB has been sold at a lower price than the 160GB Slim. As they didn't set a UK RRP, retailers are in full control of the price however as they may have large stocks of the 160GB/320GB in warehouses, they are not going to lower the price of the new models until the old ones have been sold through. Sony said that they expect retailers will have some aggressive pricing of the 12GB model in the run up to Christmas.