[Game] X Factor - Live, Lights and Lies! (series 1) Show #1

jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
Forum Member
I know what you're all thinking, why's this guy hosting right now? Well Jordan has some issues getting here on time tonight which is the main reason whilst I am stepping in as host until he arrives.

Anyway tonight all of the acts will be taking on songs by uk acts that were in the top 100 of the UK Mainstream charts. One which apparently most mentors have struggled with. But will they have struggled through and found amazing songs? We'll soon find out, please welcome out judges and their acts everyone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7EZX67mhnw

Soppyfan and the Overs:
Suzie Furlonger
Daniel Pearce
Brad Shackleton

21stCenturyBoy and the Boys:
Eddy String
Jake Quickenden

EndOfSanity and the Groups:
Belle Amie
District 3
Poisonous Twins

Pingu58011 and the Girls:
Jade Ellis
Diana Vickers
Lucy Spraggan

The Public and The Wagner:
Wagner Carihillo

Before we begin, are the judges here?

And I've already messed up by putting Live Show 1 :rolleyes: :o

Comments

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am here and ready for Show 2. :cool:

I believe that tonight is going to be a great night. :D
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm here! That intro though... my intros are much better if I say so myself. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Here but have to go at about 7:40. Has Jordan sent you my votes and comments? :)
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Pingu I haven't got your comments and Jordan said he'd be here by 7pm so don't worry.

Now for the first act tonight, hoping their performance will get everybody dancing, singing Domino by Jessie J its Poisonous Twins!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvzc74VWZBQ
    Reached number 1 on the UK mainstream chart.
    Staging: The twins emerge from behind the big screen in the middle after dancing to the intro there. They make their way to the middle of the stage where there is a giant domino-pattern platform for them to stand on. They will move off this and closer to the public during the choruses, and move back to the platform for the verses. They will also be assisted by 12 dancers (5 on either side) wearing domino-pattern clothes for the duration of the performance.
    Sophie: I'm feeling sexy and free
    Like glitter's raining on me
    You're like a shot of pure gold
    I think I'm 'bout to explode

I can taste the tension like a cloud of smoke in the air
    Now I'm breathing like I'm running cause you're taking me there
    Don't you know? You spin me out of control

Stephanie: Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
    Sophie: We can do this all night
    Damn this love is skin tight
    Baby, come on
    Sophie: Boom me like a bass drum
    Sparkin' up a rhythm
    Baby, come on!

Both: Rock my world until the sunlight
    Make this dream the best I've ever known
    Dirty dancing in the moonlight
    Take me down like I'm a domino

Every second is a highlight
    When we touch don't ever let me go

Stephanie: You got me losing my mind
    My heart beats out of time
    I'm seeing Hollywood stars
    You strum me like a guitar

I can taste the tension like a cloud of smoke in the air
    Now I'm breathing like I'm running cause you're taking me there
    Don't you know? You spin me out of control

Sophie: We can do this all night
    Damn this love is skin tight
    Baby, come on
    Sophie: Boom me like a bass drum
    Sparkin' up a rhythm
    Baby, come on!

Both: Rock my world until the sunlight

Sophie: Ooh, baby, baby, got me feeling so right
    Ooh, baby, baby, dancing in the moonlight
    Stephanie: Ooh, baby, baby, got me feeling so right
    Ooh, baby, baby, got me feeling so right
    Ooh, baby, baby, got me feeling so right
    Ooh, baby, baby

Both: Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
    Rock my world until the sunlight

And my lyric divisions are much better if I do say so myself :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poisonous Twin

Well done girls, that was another solid performance from you! Some of the other judges expressed dislike at the slightly rougher and darker performance you did last week, so I decided to go with a lighthearted pop song this week to see how that goes. To be honest, you probably did a better job than last week as the music didn't overpower your vocals. Everyone knows that you're not the best vocalists in the competition, but that strangely fitted this performance really well. The staging was great as usual as well, you did a good job tonight girls!
    Forum Member
    Poisonous Twin
    Girls that was a very good start to the show. Fun, and you really got the audience going. You had the vocals and the harmonizes which were just fantastic girls. The only criticism I have is that Megan and Liz are used a lot in games, and it wasn`t as good as last week, but I don`t really care because I loved it and even though it wasn`t as good, it was good enough. Great performance and song choice by your mentor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poisonous Twin

Hey girls well done for opening what will be a very interesting show. I have a feeling that this theme is gonna pull out a few surprises and right there was one of them. I believe that was a very clever cover of the original to sing and there was indeed some good improvement from last week. So with dancers and all, a really good start to the show, well done you two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Poisonous Twin
    Girls that was a very good start to the show. Fun, and you really got the audience going. You had the vocals and the harmonizes which were just fantastic girls. The only criticism I have is that Megan and Liz are used a lot in games, and it wasn`t as good as last week, but I don`t really care because I loved it and even though it wasn`t as good, it was good enough. Great performance and song choice by your mentor.

What, am I just blind then? :o

I for one have never seen them used in any games I've watched or hosted.
    Forum Member
    What, am I just blind then? :o

I for one have never seen them used in any games I've watched or hosted.

I have used them before and I have seen them used by a few others. It was still good though!!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    I have used them before and I have seen them used by a few others. It was still good though!!! :)

In other words, I am indeed blind. :p
    Forum Member
    In other words, I am indeed blind. :p

haha probably, in fact I used them on the voice remix!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    And my lyric divisions are much better if I do say so myself :p

Oh shut it you, remember you still have a final coming up which I'm hosting. :p
    Forum Member
    Overall positive comments for Poisonous Twins, but will the public agree with the judges tonight?

Now, he got into the top 5 last week and got overall positive comments as well, but will he be able to continue this overall positivty tonight? Here performing an acoustic version of Come Around by Feeder its Brad Shackleton
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4_E_S-6RZY
    Forum Member
    Jack how long does it take? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brad Shackleton

Brad, I have to say that this theme really was a pain to work with because of your unique voice, but we had to find you a song that suited your voice without breaking the rules. You sung this song brilliantly as it had that edge and rocky style which we'll carry on with for now as you're on a roll. I can see that it paid off by a great amount and I want that to continue for us both.
    Forum Member
    Brad
    Brad I thought last week was good, but that was just as good. I love your husky vocals, and this song choice really showed that off. Although it was acoustic, I still loved it, and I think that you will be in no trouble whatsoever tonight. Great performance, and I think you are the underdog of this competition at the moment!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brad Shackleton

Brad, last week I said that Daniel did this genre better than you. I was proven wrong by the public in the end, and now I see why that was. This was another really good performance from you. Steve has an incredibly clear direction in mind for you, which is something I really appreciate. The only thing I'm slightly worried about with you is variety, I hope your mentor can switch it up a bit next week with a performance that's just a bit different from the two you've given us so far. For now, congratulations on a job well done Brad!
    Forum Member
    Some great comments for Brad this week but on suggestion from EoS thinking a bit of variety would be good for Brad. Will the public agree with him that he needs to be different or will they stand by their husky singer?

Now she got decent comments last week but ended up near the bottom of the voting statistics last week. Her mentor is hoping that she doesn't end up there again tonight by performing If The Lights Go Out. Here is Lucy Spraggan!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Dng3-3N5I
    Note: The song reached 96 on the UK chart
    Forum Member
    Lucy
    LUCY I will not be scared if the lights out tonight, because of that wonderful performance. It was just sublime and you were just beautiful. Tonight was more of a story rather than the vocals like last week. I just love you Lucy Spraggan, and I hope the audience do aswell. This is only the second time you have ever been mentored in a game, and I just hope I get to work with you even more. AMAZING vocals, and I can`t take my eyes off you. VOTE Lucy!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy Spraggan

Lucy, when I saw that you were singing a Katie Melua song, I was actually terrified that this would be a terrible performance. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by this song choice, as it suited you very well in my opinion. In the very least it was an improvement on last week's performance, so well done to your mentor for that. There's really not much more to say, this was an incredibly solid performance after all. More like this please Pingu!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy Spraggan

Lucy, when I first heard this song, I was confused by it, but hearing it again, it was growing on me. It may not be as strong as I wanted it to be, but this was definitely a huge improvement from last week. The song, the style and the way you sung it was really impressive. If you can keep it up, you could very well be a darkhorse. Nicely done this week.
    Forum Member
    Good comments about Lucy tonight from the judges, will this change her overall rankings of 10th last week for the better, or for the worst? Only the public will know.

Now last week he got a lot of criticism from the judges about his performance. The question is will he managed to dodge those same criticism bullets for the first time tonight? Here is our resident rocker Eddie String singing Bullet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWAcw-861Sk
    Forum Member
    Eddy
    Eddy last week was all about the energetic Eddy, but I could see how this was about the vocals, while still being upbeat. I really liked it Eddy, and like last week the audience really got involved with you and enjoyed the fun. There isn`t one criticism I have for you because it suited you perfectly. Maybe next week you could do something a bit slower?
    Forum Member
    She was 10th not 9th :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eddy String

Eddy, I'm gonna have to be honest here. I know your mentor wants to take risks, but I didn't believe that this song was right for you. That song would've actually been more suited to Brad's voice than yours. There was signs of improvement from before, but I'm not if that will be enough to save you tonight, but if you are safe, I hope you try a slow song.