Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• Paula PanzerPaula Panzer Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Is this thread being weird for anyone else? I posted a reply to Mr Curmudgeon (no idea why as they are clearly wanting a fight) and it hasn't shown up.

Very odd. :confused: :cool:

I've had the same experience. And a few posts have disappeared.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had the same experience. And a few posts have disappeared.

Glad it's not just me, but it's frustrating beyond belief that someone new can come into the thread and post what they like yet we are not able to respond honestly.

This post will probably get pruned too but Mr Curmudgeon is making me massively uncomfortable.
  • Mr CurmudgeonMr Curmudgeon Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Agreed... a load of posts have disappeared.

Anyway, I'm not a DM 'troll'... I'm just a management consultant based in Lancashire, questioning my own motives in reading Lizard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm feeling very paranoid about this thread at the moment. Think I'll avoid it until whatever is going on has calmed down. Have a feeling the next thing to "go weird" is people getting bans.
    Forum Member
    Glad it's not just me, but it's frustrating beyond belief that someone new can come into the thread and post what they like yet we are not able to respond honestly. This post will probably get pruned too but Mr Curmudgeon is making me massively uncomfortable.

Why Molly ? Let's open this out...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why Molly ? Let's open this out...

No thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Everything I posted has disappeared from the thread. Does anyone have any idea how or why?
    Forum Member
    Well that's pretty sad Molly.:cry:

I've seen most of my postings from this evening go up in smoke, for no apparent reason. I've no idea what's going on from a moderation perspective.

Good night everyone.
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everything I posted has disappeared from the thread. Does anyone have any idea how or why?

Best to contact the mods and ask. :)
    Forum Member
    Liv, I welcomed you to this forum. My post failed. I've no idea of the workings of DS, but somebody seems to have pulled some posts.

Mr Curmudgeon, I'm glad to hear that you are a sound businessman, although I'm not sure of the relevance to this discussion. We all have our motives for reading Lizard's output, but some of us are more passionately against her than others - mostly those who have read enough of her output to realise what a truly poisonous individual she is.
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Molly post away to your heart/liver/lung/'s content. I think it's a little bit obvious most of us seem to shoot from the lip when it comes to Lizard but it's her own words that cause that to happen. Really we're doing her a favour, awful thought, but true.
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seabird wrote: »
    I am absolutely sure that none of the scurrilous accusations currently circulating about Liz are true, someone who participates in such recreational activities would have by now displayed very obvious warning signs such as:

- Earning vast amounts of money (e.g. £500,000 p.a) and yet be constantly 'broke'.
    - Be capable of working continuous long hours with little or no sleep (e.g. 21 hours per day)
    - Have very little appetite for food and yet have a great deal of energy.
    - Have a tenuous grip on reality (e.g. forgetting what they have previously written, how many years ago they last saw their current partner, believe that they have dated a world famous rock star for 3 years who nobody has seen her with).
    - Completing forgetting about ones 113 pets

The cruel and false rumours circulating today have ruined my Sunday, I hope the jellus h8ters behind these rumours are thoroughly ashamed!

:D :cool:

The most obvious sign to me is the military-style cover up - blocking comments, deleting threads on unrelated websites, posts being deleted on DS...

If it was a true case of mistaken identity, no one would have taken it so seriously. The next day there would have been a light-hearted 3-inch story in the Daily Mail, saying, "Mumsnet meltdown after poster mistakes coke-snorting reveller for Liz Jones". Jonesy herself would have been like, "who, little old me? I was at home with my 300 cats!"
    Forum Member
    Mr Curmudgeon, I'm glad to hear that you are a sound businessman, although I'm not sure of the relevance to this discussion.

Being a sound businessman means little... being seen as a compassionate human-being, capable of forgiveness means a lot.
    all have our motives for reading Lizard's output, but some of us are more passionately against her than others - mostly those who have read enough of her output to realise what a truly poisonous individual she is.

Sorry Paula... but she's human too.

The woman freaks me out on so many levels, but I sense that she's going through her own lessons.

Best wishes to you.

No doubt this posting will also be deleted very shortly. :sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vampyre wrote: »
    Molly post away to your heart/liver/lung/'s content. I think it's a little bit obvious most of us seem to shoot from the lip when it comes to Lizard but it's her own words that cause that to happen. Really we're doing her a favour, awful thought, but true.

Well, I'm awaiting the next installment of the Dreary to see if she talks about ANYTHING other than Mr Scarce...of course, she won't, but I do wonder how long she can string out the Mills and Boone nonsense.

What I DO find sad about Liz Jones, since the subject of compassion has come up here, is if she worked for any other organisation she would have been fired ages ago on the grounds of mental instability, which I think is something that should have happened for her years ago. Yet our press, being as vile and hateful as they are, are more than happy to revel in openly exploiting someone's illness. That is the one nice thing I can say about LJ - that as crackers as she is, she's clearly being used and abused by her employers who are even more twisted than she is.
    Forum Member
    Being a sound businessman means little... being seen as a compassionate human-being, capable of forgiveness means a lot.

Sorry Paula... but she's human too.

The woman freaks me out on so many levels, but I sense that she's going through her own lessons.

Best wishes to you.

No doubt this posting will also be deleted very shortly. :sleep:

As long as she continues to hurt people as much as she does I feel it impossible to defend her behaviour.

What makes you think your posting will be deleted?
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm awaiting the next installment of the Dreary to see if she talks about ANYTHING other than Mr Scarce...of course, she won't, but I do wonder how long she can string out the Mills and Boone nonsense.

What I DO find sad about Liz Jones, since the subject of compassion has come up here, is if she worked for any other organisation she would have been fired ages ago on the grounds of mental instability, which I think is something that should have happened for her years ago. Yet our press, being as vile and hateful as they are, are more than happy to revel in openly exploiting someone's illness. That is the one nice thing I can say about LJ - that as crackers as she is, she's clearly being used and abused by her employers who are even more twisted than she is.

And for what it's worth... I agree with everything you say.

Next week's story or one in a few week's time will be centred around an engagement.

But the big issue will be how she manages to take herself out of the public-eye, because there's no way that any relationship can withstand the way that she's been conducting her life thus far.

I agree that her employers should have sectioned her yonks ago... but my perception is that - instead - they chose to milk her dry because no one else would be bonkers enough to sign up to that deal for any amount of money.

Best wishes Molly, good night.
    Forum Member
    What makes you think your posting will be deleted?

Because for some reason my previous postings were. I figured that I was too much of a 'liberal' to be tolerated around here.:sleep:
    Forum Member

Surely Sir, you aren't implying that you are the only one here capable of compassion? I for one feel a great deal of compassion for Jones' many targets. I shall save my sympathies for those who aren't taking the DM shilling in return for their relentless passive aggression.
    Forum Member
    As long as she continues to hurt people as much as she does I feel it impossible to defend her behaviour.

I'd ask you two questions:

1. What makes you think that anyone should attempt to defend her behaviour ? It's her life... they're her decisions... and she has to live with the consequences.

2. Who is she hurting ? As I see it, she's painted herself in to a corner where she has no friends or family that are there to be hurt.

Sure there's Disgrace and his business... but they've gone in to this with their eyes open and have to suffer the consequences.

My bigger question is why the f*ck either of us are bothered about writing any of this tonight, when she's probably tucked-up in bed under the highest quality Egyptian-cotton sheets... and oblivious to it all.

It does beg the question... who's the insane one around here ?:confused:
    Forum Member
    Because for some reason my previous postings were. I figured that I was too much of a 'liberal' to be tolerated around here.:sleep:

Most posts here are tolerated, as long as they are not downright offensive. You maybe feel some of us are being offensive, but we merely react to what we see and read, which we tend to find offensive. It is hard to be compassionate towards someone who behaves as Liz Jones does, continuously and very publicly.
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her recent allegations about her brother at an event just prove she is someone who will never learn.
    She has the love of her legions of fans as well as her paycheck, we just exercise our right to wish the media operated differently and that such "journalism" wasn't so rewarding.
    Forum Member

1. What makes you think that anyone should attempt to defend her behaviour ? It's her life... they're her decisions... and she has to live with the consequences.

2. Who is she hurting ? As I see it, she's painted herself in to a corner where she has no friends or family that are there to be hurt.

Sure there's Disgrace and his business... but they've gone in to this with their eyes open and have to suffer the consequences.

My bigger question is why the f*ck either of us are bothered about writing any of this tonight, when she's probably tucked-up in bed under the highest quality Egyptian-cotton sheets... and oblivious to it all.

If you are seriously questioning who she is hurting, then I suspect your review of her output hasn't been as thorough as you think.
    Forum Member

Surely Sir, you aren't implying that you are the only one here capable of compassion? I for one feel a great deal of compassion for Jones' many targets. I shall save my sympathies for those who aren't taking the DM shilling in return for their relentless passive aggression.

Nope... I believe that compassion is there for everyone, and it's not in limited supply.

I too feel compassion for people wounded by the Lizard tongue... though I doubt there are as many as one would believe. I think that most will dismiss her antics as those of the 'loony' that she is and disregard them.

And then there is the Lizard herself...

Yes, I feel compassion and empathy towards her, because I can't say that I haven't done or said many of the same things... albeit not through the mouth-piece of a national newspaper.

The question is, how is she going to sleep tonight ? My guess is that her life is very much centred upon the need to keep both the DM and D.Scrace happy... and I wouldn't want to have those thoughts running around in my head for any money, as it hits the pillow.
    Forum Member

May I refer you back to several articles linked, I believe, by Fatsia. Including one where she pictured her mother lying in bed - her mother is incapable due to her condition of giving consent, so you may say it did not hurt her. But it hurt other members of the family. Also an article about her brother's funeral which I linked. There are others, where the subjects or their families have been distressed by what they read. You mention "Disgrace", who obviously has not given his permission for his friends to be quoted in her writings, but she carries on doing so. She is incapable of discretion.
    Forum Member
    Oh and I don't think she is 'insane'. I think she is fully aware of her actions, but is selfish and mercenary to the bone.