Why is Tom Daley never `linked` to anyone?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    And? The age of consent is 16.

Yes, I'm aware of that but you are still banging on about if or when an 18 year old lad gets laid. Mind your own business.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is the new John Barrowman in waiting.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Yes, I'm aware of that but you are still banging on about if or when an 18 year old lad gets laid. Mind your own business.

It's no different to talking about any other celebrity.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dynopia wrote: »
    One of the many many little signs? He just screams gay.

In other words, you base it on nothing but stereotypes and ignorance.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He may not have come to terms with his sexuality yet. I am not sure straight people realise what a massive mental adjustment it is..
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this another way of getting people to start posting he is gay ?? Leave the lad alone
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PaulBowker wrote: »
    He's focused on his diving? LOL.

He's got a talent yeah and he's done well but he's far more concerned with becoming a celebrity these days.

And he is clearly gay and I think it's pretty wrong of him not to come out about it, there are thousands of young people out there that would be really encouraged by him, he could be such a source of strength to many.

Firstly ... You know he is gay how?
    Secondly.. If he is...what's it to do with you or anyone else and if he is ...what gives you the right to tell him that he should come out..his sexuality is no ones business but his.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he has any sense, at 18 he'll enjoy being single!
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Shudder.
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    **** Hag more like... :D

Ok, this was a bit funny actually....
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I would assume, that he wants to keep his private life private, knows not to go to pap spots if he goes on dates, and doesn't want it all splashed on the tabloids.

I do however object the idea of people using their assumptions of his sexuality as an insult or a joke. Or thinking, that it is somehow his responsibility to explain his sexuality to anyoneIt is REALLY insulting, that people think that looking at people's mannerism, they can define their sexuality, and then make fun of them through that.
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All these "how dare you say he is gay" posts reek to me of homophobia - as though there is something wrong with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    All these "how dare you say he is gay" posts reek to me of homophobia - as though there is something wrong with it.

There is nothing wrong with being gay ..but there is something wrong with bullying a person into saying if they are gay or not and no one has a right to make anyone speak about something so personal ... Until they are ready
  • AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Taylor Swift is a busy woman.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How ridiculous. Just because people think insinuating about the sexuality of someone still in their teens may be a bit distasteful, you decide to turn it round and make like they are the ones with an problem
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member

Nope, this one can't be turned around. What is weird, is people analyzing teenage boys mannerism, and having a giggle over assuming that he is gay. The gayness is not issue at all, the issue is labeling people into groups because of how they talk/move/behave. Also, in general sexuality should be private, and as TD is not talking about his own sexual orientation in public, he might like it to be private.
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Nope, this one can't be turned around. What is weird, is people analyzing teenage boys mannerism, and having a giggle over assuming that he is gay. The gayness is not issue at all, the issue is labeling people into groups because of how they talk/move/behave. Also, in general sexuality should be private, and as TD is not talking about his own sexual orientation in public, he might like it to be private.

I totally agree with your post well said.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other words, you base it on nothing but stereotypes and ignorance.

Ignorance? No I'm pretty well versed on the tell tell signs. And there is nothing wrong with my opinion, I've been around enough gay guys to just 'know' it's not as if he tries to hide it.

Who's 'giggling', this is a showbiz forum, what do you think is going to get talked about here? I wouldn't say over analyzing either, I'd say you needed to over analysis to get any straight mannerism out of him!

Going by how he's such a media **** and obviously dazzles in the lime light, I very much doubt he 'wants' to stay in the closet tbh. He's just been told by his PR to keep it buttoned.
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people need a life

Do we need moral guardians on a light hearted showbiz forum?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has a huge female fanbase. Media advice in cases like that is always - 'Don't come out!!!'

I'm sure he'll come out later, but not right now while there's still money to be made. :)
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nooooooo :eek:
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,975
    Forum Member

Don't be ridiculous.. What those posters are saying, I will include myself in that, is that it is of no concern to anyone other than himself if he is gay or not, they are actually defending his right to privacy and not jumping to a ridiculous assumption of somebody's sexuality based on stupid ideas of how a gay man acts..

IMO somebody saying "He screams gay" as Dynopia did shows more prejudice and possible homophobia than the posters saying it's none of our business!
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PaulBowker wrote: »

And he is clearly gay and I think it's pretty wrong of him not to come out about it, there are thousands of young people out there that would be really encouraged by him, he could be such a source of strength to many.

Wouldn't it be better for the gay footballers to come out first? Football seems to be the sport with the biggest issue around homosexuality.