ITV 'North' Weather Presenters

NeladNelad Posts: 1,178
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Tyne Tees' one and only Bob Johnson has been on holiday this week and this has meant that we have had to put up with the Leeds based weather team during the week rather than just weekends.

God how dire are they? The fat blonde woman, Jo Blyth with her serial killer stare at the end of each broadcast. Mind you the classic has to be Kerrie Gosney who was talking about the 'greatest chance of precipitation' being in the west of the region!!!

Who is she trying to kid? She is largely broadcasting to geordies, mackems and smoggies so why not use the normal terminology ie rain? She isn't fooling anybody into thinking she is a scientifically trained meteroligist so give up the pretence. You're just a plain looking girl from Leeds who doesn't cost ITV too much and can read an autocue.

Come back soon BJ. To be honest I would much prefer to have the ITV Central weather presenters as our back up team.

Comments

• GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nelad wrote: »
    Tyne Tees' one and only Bob Johnson has been on holiday this week and this has meant that we have had to put up with the Leeds based weather team during the week rather than just weekends.

God how dire are they? The fat blonde woman, Jo Blyth with her serial killer stare at the end of each broadcast. Mind you the classic has to be Kerrie Gosney who was talking about the 'greatest chance of precipitation' being in the west of the region!!!

Who is she trying to kid? She is largely broadcasting to geordies, mackems and smoggies so why not use the normal terminology ie rain? She isn't fooling anybody into thinking she is a scientifically trained meteroligist so give up the pretence. You're just a plain looking girl from Leeds who doesn't cost ITV too much and can read an autocue.

Come back soon BJ. To be honest I would much prefer to have the ITV Central weather presenters as our back up team.

you mean it hasnt started snowing in Newcastle yet! Its nearly September isn't it?:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Yorkshire region of itv is dire. Watching news bulletins in the middle of gmtv is painfull and makes you cringe.
  • marbles333marbles333 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Granada don't do a bad job tbh, but I think Central is much warmer and appears more professional and local.
    HTV Wales feels cold, and also the fact North Wales News is far and few between!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kerry Gosney & Jo Blythe are regulars in Granada also

There is some man called John (I think) and some other woman called Becky, they aren't that bad really
  • broonalebroonale Posts: 5,470
    Forum Member
    The Yorkshire region of itv is dire. Watching news bulletins in the middle of gmtv is painfull and makes you cringe.

Not half as dire as Tyne Tees news during GMTV.
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    you mean it hasnt started snowing in Newcastle yet! Its nearly September isn't it?:D

NO..... We're not that far north.....

At least the world still moves here when it does...... Unlike the south, when it becomes a major story in the news and the whole world stops.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    broonale wrote: »

At least the world still moves here when it does...... Unlike the south, when it becomes a major story in the news and the whole world stops.

Living in the North, that annoys me. Someone gets shot up here they will usually make a 5 minute news item out of it in the middle of the show. Someone gets shot in the South then it becomes a major news story and dominates about 15 minutes for every half hour followed by a big feature on gun crime.

It was the same with the floods, they couldn't really give a sh*t about the ones in Yorkshire and doing a 5-10 minute feature on it but when it was in the South, they started presenting whole news programs from there and dedicated the whole show to the flooding.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's quite obvious the original poster has taken a dislike to the Yorkshire weather team on principle because they are broadcasting from outside of the Tyne Tees region

It's impossible to dislike all of them in such a sweeping way as they all have different styles depending on what you like in a weather presenter
  • NeladNelad Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    It's quite obvious the original poster has taken a dislike to the Yorkshire weather team on principle because they are broadcasting from outside of the Tyne Tees region

It's impossible to dislike all of them in such a sweeping way as they all have different styles depending on what you like in a weather presenter

No it's obvious that 'the original poster' has taken a dislike because they are crap.

'The original poster' states he would be happy for ITV Central to provide the back up team (ie a team even further outside of the Tyne Tees region), so where is your logic?
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tom0101 wrote: »
    Living in the North, that annoys me. Someone gets shot up here they will usually make a 5 minute news item out of it in the middle of the show. Someone gets shot in the South then it becomes a major news story and dominates about 15 minutes for every half hour followed by a big feature on gun crime.

It was the same with the floods, they couldn't really give a sh*t about the ones in Yorkshire and doing a 5-10 minute feature on it but when it was in the South, they started presenting whole news programs from there and dedicated the whole show to the flooding.

Continuity anouncer on Victoria Wood on TV "Appologies to our viewers in the north, it must be awful for you"

I think that just about sums up the attitude of the London centric tv channels in the UK.
  • Pete_ukPete_uk Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched UTV's local news yesterday for something to do. Just a woman and a plane blue background. At least with ITV West the presenter is sat with a blue screen behind them showing a live (recorded?) view of the Clifton Suspension bridge. Actually I’m not sure it is that bridge but it’s a nice bridge anyway.
  • travel_guytravel_guy Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I think and i say i think the news optouts on GMTV in the UTV region are provided by some other company not UTV.I am sure i read that it's a cheaper service for GMTV.
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    travel_guy wrote: »
    I think and i say i think the news optouts on GMTV in the UTV region are provided by some other company not UTV.I am sure i read that it's a cheaper service for GMTV.

Macmillian Media provide GMTV's local bulletins for NI.

Nelad, ITV Central's weather team in Birmingham provide back up cover for the former Carlton regions in Wales and West/SW England, while Leeds provide full time bulletins for YTV, Granada and Border with occasional cover for TTTV.

Slighly off topic, Central East now has it's own weather team which is Lisa Foden who was a reporter and the winner of "Weather Idol" Anna Church.
  • Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tom0101 wrote: »
    Kerry Gosney & Jo Blythe are regulars in Granada also

There is some man called John (I think) and some other woman called Becky, they aren't that bad really

I think John is the Chief Meteorologist and Becky is on the ITV National Team (in London)
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becky only returned last week after her surfing accident.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What happened?
  • JamesEJamesE Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Pete_uk wrote: »
    I watched UTV's local news yesterday for something to do. Just a woman and a plane blue background. At least with ITV West the presenter is sat with a blue screen behind them showing a live (recorded?) view of the Clifton Suspension bridge. Actually I’m not sure it is that bridge but it’s a nice bridge anyway.

Was it a bi-plane or a mono-plane?

Not one one of you has mentioned Paul Hudson of "Look North" fame. Now there's a lad! (And he's the mayor of Wetwang).
  • Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A big OUCH! :eek: :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She had fallen into the water when she was struck to the back of the head by another surfer riding a 12ft board.

Double OUCH! :eek:
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey! :eek: I thought I hadn't seen her on TV for a while!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »

Idiotic post.

I live in Yorkshire and i would personally chop all their heads off to end the circus that is the news from the leeds based team.