Ee Price Plans

SkyPlatinumSkyPlatinum Posts: 871
Forum Member
✭✭
Must be launching within a week surely? Anybody have any inside knowledge ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe there was a conference today which some employees from both Orange & TMobile stores were invited too. Anyone care to tell what was revealed?
  • SkyPlatinumSkyPlatinum Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's my guess

EE4G Gold. Unlimited minutes, texts and data £48 per month

EE4G Silver 2000 minutes, unlimited texts, 10 GB data
    £43 per month

EE4G Bronze 2000 minutes, 2000 texts, 5 GB data £38 per month

EE4G Starter 1000 minutes,2000 texts, 2GB data £33 per month

All contracts 24 months. Existing orange and t mobile customers with at least 15 months in to a 24 month contract free upgrade 4G handset subject to migrating to same or higher price plan with new 24 month contract.

;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its anything like that I wont be moving.
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's my guess

£43 per month

All contracts 24 months. Existing orange and t mobile customers with at least 15 months in to a 24 month contract free upgrade 4G handset subject to migrating to same or higher price plan with new 24 month contract.

;)

tethering?
  • reclusive46reclusive46 Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what kind of sim only plans they will have
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheBigM wrote: »
    tethering?

Gold and Silver Tethering allowed. Others - No
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    Here's my guess

£43 per month

;)

Why so many minutes?
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    10GB of data...

Keep dreaming!
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coolmark18 wrote: »
    If its anything like that I wont be moving.

They are going to be the only MNO with LTE for at least 6 months (possibly Virgin as MVNO).

They are going to milk it. Expect prices to not come down until the other MNOs start offering LTE too.

At that point, O2 can compete with EE for who is most expensive. I would expect Three to continue to be cheapest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    10GB of data...

Keep dreaming!

I think that's realistic
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that's realistic

I imagine the plans will have pathetically low data limits and negate most of the benefits of having 4G in the first place. And the plans will be expensive too.
  • paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the data allowances will be high and there will be unlimited plans too. What would be the point otherwise.
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulker wrote: »
    I think the data allowances will be high and there will be unlimited plans too. What would be the point otherwise.

exactly, what would be the point of this amazing new 4GEE when you use all your data in 1 day watching some live tv and video on you tube
  • legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    exactly, what would be the point of this amazing new 4GEE when you use all your data in 1 day watching some live tv and video on you tube

when you can do that today on 3G what makes you think allowances will be much bigger
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With 3g as it is at the moment I really dont see the point of getting 4g with the premium they are attaching to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im in the same mindset, 3G provides more than I need in terms of streaming and browsing on the move. Certainly won't be taking 4G at any premium over 3G.
  • slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno about you guys, but 3G on three, at least for me, has gotten better the past few months. I wasn't able to stream video so well, now I can stream higher bitrate video without constant buffering. Download speeds are still the same, but seems something somewhere is now better optimized with regards to the signal strength, pretty much buffer free play most of the time now.

I'm still ok to go on with 3g for another year or so, see what late 2013 is saying and when the other networks get in on it.
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when you can do that today on 3G what makes you think allowances will be much bigger

im on the full monty plan,and as mentioned 3 offer such plans too .Maybe you should leave O2/voda *cough* if you're still stuck on 2GB max! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE are positioning themselves as a premium brand, is no way they will do a one plan type deal at that value.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE are positioning themselves as a premium brand, is no way they will do a one plan type deal at that value.

I think there will be a £7 premium on the £41 full monty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be surprised if they have produced the plans from anything other than the Orange plans as the base.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    If your not long into your contract with Orange/T-Mobile can you still move?
  • ramzezramzez Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    pow wow wrote: »
    If your not long into your contract with Orange/T-Mobile can you still move?
    yes, anyone can moved from existing contracts on orange/t-mobile
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ramzez wrote: »
    yes, anyone can moved from existing contracts on orange/t-mobile
    Not much good without an LTE phone though.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulker wrote: »

It's not going to suddenly jump up, it's going to increase over time. In the US where they've had LTE for a while the packages are typically about 5GB on Verizon and AT&T for LTE.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/dataplans.html

5GB is about £30 a month, of course that's US I'm not saying that's what it will cost here where market conditions are very different.

T-mobile are matching AT&T thereabouts on that no long-term contract deal, about the same price only the 1st 5GB is 4G speeds, then you get 3G speeds for anything over that unlimited.

There's cheaper deals too on contract:

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/monthly-4g-plans

"unlimited" but the catch is the first 5GB is at 4G speeds, then it drops down. £20 a month with 100 minutes and unlimited texts.

This is the sort of thing we'll see once the UK market settles down a bit at all the operators are in the game, initially for the next year or so it will be more expensive.

Don't expect to see unlimited or huge data plans, but do expect them to increase to around 5GB. Expect things like first 5GB at LTE speeds, then an unlimited 3G fallback, this is the sort of thing I imagine 3 doing with AYCE, 4G for the first x, then 3G speeds unlimited after that.