Is there a software that can mirror folders from PC to PC?

dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
Forum Member
Hey everyone,

I have a PC & Laptop and have my music library folder copied to both of them. Currently, I'm having to manually transfer files from the PC to Laptop. The problem with this is that I sometimes tend to miss any new files added so I was wondering if there is any software that can make this process easier by possibly mirroring the folders (highlighting which files are on A and not B)

Comments

• TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have a look at Synkron here.

Have you ever considered a NAS drive?
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Thank you so much for the replies, I will take a look at the software listed.

I haven't considered a NAS drive but quite interested now you have mentioned it, how would this work? :)
  • DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on the size of the files Dropbox/Skydrive.

Otherwise rsync/robocopy.
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kargo wrote: »

I haven't considered a NAS drive but quite interested now you have mentioned it, how would this work? :)

A bit old, but this article covers the basics.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kargo wrote: »

A NAS drive would centralise your files so any device (PC, laptop, tablet, streamer, etc) that is connected to your home network can access them. There are various options starting from £80 though something several hundred depending on what you want to do with the NAS

As for software to sync between two PC, have a look at puresync
  • Y MeY Me Posts: 4,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do this with Bluetooth overnight.

Slow but it works but you do need the Bluetooth aerials of course and have to open every folder which can be a bind if there are too many of them.

Perhaps not suitable if you are a business.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dropbox?
    Googledrive?

Or a NAS.