Christopher Maloney's debut single fails to make Top 1500

Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
Forum Member
Just had a quick look at LivePopBars to see how Chris Maloney's debut single did, having been released on Sunday. It hasn't made the Top 1500. Thankfully. This equates to less than 100 sales. Seems none of the bingo-goers have iTunes! Discuss.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I wasn't expecting him to break any records but I thought it would have made the top 100/top 200 at least :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how many his Nan bought!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rangermick wrote: »
    I wonder how many his Nan bought!

every copy he's sold
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Bex. wrote: »
    every copy he's sold

So 12?
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But what about al those people who were voting for him and we were told so vehemently last year that he had such a great number of support? What happened to them? Oh the shame....

they bloody never existed or were just there for the craic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    every copy he's sold

:D:D:D
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those who voted for him probably saw him on TV. He's not on TV every weekend anymore, so he's forgotten.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that clears it up then, MeNan's phone bill must have been astronomical last year. :D
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horton wrote: »
    Well that clears it up then, MeNan's phone bill must have been astronomical last year. :D

And no return on her investment. He may still love his Nan but I think she might be having second thoughts now, wait until she tells the old girls down at the bingo.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Less than 100? Now that really is a flop.
  • Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    Weirdly... I feel kinda bad for him. :o

Is he not promoting it on his Facebook account and what not?
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I thought he was insanely popular. I guess we were all fooled by Menan and her fortune.
  • gazzatheredgazzathered Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Excellent. Another talentless, instant fame wannabe completely failing. Top news..
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the kind of disaster the X-Factor Master Manipulators are trying to avoid.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    But what about al those people who were voting for him and we were told so vehemently last year that he had such a great number of support? What happened to them? Oh the shame....

There are former winners of the show though who wouldn't be able to sell 100 copies if they released a single tomorrow, so I wouldn't just single him out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »

how many people who vote go on to buy the music of the act after the show has finished? given the winners who have fallen by the wayside, I would imagine that very few do. I'm not a maloney fan but I find the gloating on this thread very sad. people seem to relish in someone giving it go and failing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    There are former winners of the show though who wouldn't be able to sell 100 copies if they released a single tomorrow, so I wouldn't just single him out.

Steve Brookstein and Leon Jackson are the only possibilities though..., I think...
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    In fairness, how many people actually knew he was releasing a single? It doesn't matter who the artist is, if the public don't know about it then nothing sells. I'm not aware of him having any promotion.
  • valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a truly fantastic song, possibly my all time fave ballad ever. As for the video, it's stunning. Loads of people on twitter have got the single and he's being kept very busy with work. I'm so pleased he brought this single out & cannot wait for the Album.
    My daughter & her friends have also bought the single & love it, it's been well received on local radio stations all over the country too. Well done Chris!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    In fairness, how many people actually knew he was releasing a single? It doesn't matter who the artist is, if the public don't know about it then nothing sells. I'm not aware of him having any promotion.

You're absolutely right. To be honest the only promotion I've seen has been on Twitter & local radio. Real shame as it is an amazing song which with the right promotion could easily reach No 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    Just had a quick look at LivePopBars to see how Chris Maloney's debut single did, having been released on Sunday. It hasn't made the Top 1500. Thankfully. This equates to less than 100 sales. Seems none of the bingo-goers have iTunes! Discuss.

What on earth is LivePopBars?
  • gazzatheredgazzathered Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    valezio wrote: »
    It's a truly fantastic song, possibly my all time fave ballad ever. As for the video, it's stunning. Loads of people on twitter have got the single and he's being kept very busy with work. I'm so pleased he brought this single out & cannot wait for the Album.
    My daughter & her friends have also bought the single & love it, it's been well received on local radio stations all over the country too. Well done Chris!

Are you Chris Maloneys Nan?
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    valezio wrote: »
    What on earth is LivePopBars?

It's where you can see where songs are sitting in popularity at the time. It's updated repeatedly but not sure how often that is. someone else may be able to help with more info.

As I understand it, it includes pre orders.

Singles:

http://www.livepopbars2.com/lpb1024.php?Region=143444&Chart=34

Albums:

http://livepopbars2.com/lpb1024.php?Region=143444&Chart=34&Albums=1
  • alexjr2alexjr2 Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    This is the fault of ITV and The X Factor. They should do more to promote the acts that generated all that advertising revenue for them when they were on the show. Each act who end up with a record deal should be invited back on the show to perform their single. It's the least ITV should do.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    LivePopBars is just a site that reports the iTunes chart but goes down into lower numbers in the chart. It goes as low as 1500, is updated every few minutes and Chris' name appears nowhere.

On further research, around 50 copies per week are required to reach the Top 1500. So he's sold almost literally no copies.