Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Freddie Starr once - creepy letch, made my skin crawl

Very perceptive, although I've never liked him anyway. He's currently being linked to a big news story at the moment and this in the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/04/freddie-starr-itv-injunction?newsfeed=true
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Princess Eugenie was on my course at uni. Seemed okay from a distance but I heard a few interesting rumours that would not sit well with Granny!
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    let us know how it went !

Happy to say Paul O Grady is lovely in real life. Lots of time for everyone to chat and take pictures. Very friendly which I was glad of as I was so nervous!
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    realcoffee wrote: »
    Princess Eugenie was on my course at uni. Seemed okay from a distance but I heard a few interesting rumours that would not sit well with Granny!
    About her friend Dorothy?
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as extreme as to cause a scandal in Belgravia, I hope. ;)
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice:

Michelle Collins
    Letitia Dean
    Larry Lamb
    Barry Howard from Hi-De-Hi
    Andrew Hayden-Smith - spent over half an hour chatting to him once, and he and his bf remembered me when I saw then again.
    Dave Cash (former Radio 1 DJ)
    Colin Berry (former Radio 1&2 DJ)
    Buster Bloodvessel from Bad Manners

Awful

Lenny Henry - Did not like attention by the public
    Dawn French - exceptionally rude, worked at a local supermarket to them a few years ago and she made one of the staff cry.
    Nicki Kelly from Hi-De-Hi - looks like an old hag nowadays and walks round with a smell under her nose.
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy Murray is the most disliked sportsperson ever. Eveyone I know cant stand him.Hopefully he will retire soon and rid us of his presence for good.

Young and arrogant by the sounds of it!
  • M1010DM1010D Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Re-Minder wrote: »
    J K Rowling.

At a book signing i got dragged along too, very poor attitude and sneery,seemed to hate the idea f meeting the fans. Was put in a foul mood by a parent who loudly criticised her attitude towards her child, Rowling stormed off in a huff.

Spitefull ignorant woman.

We all have bad days. Also, she has suffered with depression in the past... I don't think she is as rude normally, as she was that day. Thanks for the comment though :)
  • M1010DM1010D Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    So did my mum. She was collecting for a local charity at the time. He offered to donate some of his sperm. Nice.

Discusting, that actually made me feel sick. In anyway shocked at what has been rumoured? :(
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    M1010D wrote: »
    Discusting, that actually made me feel sick. (

I thought it was funny!:D
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    M1010D wrote: »
    We all have bad days. Also, she has suffered with depression in the past... I don't think she is as rude normally, as she was that day. Thanks for the comment though :)

JK Rowling - Heard a story first hand from someone who worked in an Edinburgh hotel that she was vile on the phone, because she wasn't happy with the hotel procedures on something that simply couldn't be changed.

FULL of "don't you realise who I am" attitude.
  • laurieloulaurielou Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    Nice:

Awful

Dawn French - exceptionally rude, worked at a local supermarket to them a few years ago and she made one of the staff cry.
    Nicki Kelly from Hi-De-Hi - looks like an old hag nowadays and walks round with a smell under her nose.

I met LH very recently and found him to be really decent guy and very down to earth, completely unstarry.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carol Vorderman - Met her on the Countdown set when I went on a trip with media studies. Hmmm, she came across as cold, uninterested and very business like. She did look fit though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Canks wrote: »
    Mariella frostup has a bad reputation in TV. Apparently is very difficult veering towards downright nasty.

Served her a few times in my work and she is lovely,even hung around whilst a mate ran away to find a piece of paper for her to sign

And that voice is as sexy in real life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »

Dawn French - exceptionally rude, worked at a local supermarket to them a few years ago and she made one of the staff cry

Lots of people having negative encounters with these two over the years it seems, especially with Dawn. Looks like they can join Cilla and Lulu when it comes to there being so many negative stories about their attitude that they must be truly unpleasant.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was funny!:D

My mum saw the funny side to be honest. She came out rolling her eyes and tutting, told us what had been said and we all fell about laughing. We thought it was a bit pathetic but with Freddie being Freddie, we weren't too shocked.
  • cotton tailcotton tail Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    Very perceptive, although I've never liked him anyway. He's currently being linked to a big news story at the moment and this in the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/04/freddie-starr-itv-injunction?newsfeed=true

*whoosh* :D
  • rachelgatarachelgata Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laurielou wrote: »
    I met LH very recently and found him to be really decent guy and very down to earth, completely unstarry.

I met Lenny Henry by chance almost thirty years ago on a pier in Blackpool, think he had just come out of a show he was in (not one we'd been to). I was with my mum and dad and my gran, who was in a wheelchair and was very starstruck, so we said hello and he was absolutely lovely. He chatted to my gran for a few minutes and was very smiley and pleasant and even pushed her wheelchair for a few yards, which she loved!

We parted company with a very nice impression of him. Either he has changed over the last three decades or that was a good day, or he is in fact actually an ok bloke. Who knows? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nyota wrote: »
    Lots of people having negative encounters with these two over the years it seems, especially with Dawn. Looks like they can join Cilla and Lulu when it comes to there being so many negative stories about their attitude that they must be truly unpleasant.

I met Dawn French a couple of times over the years, was very pleasant on both occasions
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    loveloveX wrote: »
    has anyone ever met any of the royals?

Yes, Vic Faulkner

http://www.britanniawrestling.co.uk/dir_royalbrothers.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At an England International match at Lords during the summer I met (all on the same day)

Greg James: Who was with his mates & was a really nice guy. Said hello to me & my son and said 'keep your fingers crossed for a win' as he left.

Phil Tuffnell: Exactly as he is on TV. Friendly, warm and more than happy to speak to anyone.

Michael Vaughn: Alarmingly tall (more so than I expected) but happy to pose with the hordes of children asking for his picture.

Graham Gooch: Ran away from the same bunch of children but smiled & put his hand up as he did.

Lord Archer: Sat in the cheap seats. Kept himself to himself but had no airs or graces.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Having met around 70 ish celebrities, I'll make a little list of those who stand out...

Nicest include: Tinie Tempah, Justin Bieber, Dappy, Tulisa, Fazer, all the Little Mix girls & GMD3 boys are lovely! Also Rizzle Kicks & Professor Green are lovely! The Chris Moyles team eg Comedy Dave, Chris etc & Nick Grimshaw.

Quiet/Shy... Again, Rizzle Kicks & Professor Green are on the list. SO shy but certainly had time for fans! Conor Maynard, Tinchy Stryder, Tess Daley..

Not so nice... Chipmunk. Met him twice.. 1st time was grumpy & said "I've got no time for these people anymore" hinting at us fans... Tyger Drew-Honey (Jake from Outnumbered) has a bit of an attitude, same with Marcus Collins. Misha B is a total spoilt bitch. At X Factor before she was "famous" I politely asked for a picture and she said, "NO LATAAAA" with her Dr Dre Beats headphones on. Not nice!!
  • tiggosaurustiggosaurus Posts: 3,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met / encountered / observed lots of celebs at various events over the years and can't disagree with the general consensus about Anthony Cotton and Cilla Black. Both seemed very self-important and dismissive of 'little people' who dared to try to interact with them. I didn't bother because neither are of any interest to me, but I did feel sorry for those who tried and got short shrift.

On the other hand I found Lulu and Dawn French to be really friendly, smiley and approachable when I met them. I realise one-off encounters with fans are not really reliable indicators of 'niceness', but I do think that fame entails a certain obligation to be appreciative of members of the public (as long as they are respectful in turn).

Someone up-thread was asking if anyone had met Miranda Hart. I did a couple of years ago at a West End musical when I was only vaguely aware of who she was (big fan of her show now, would love to meet her again!) She came across as very shy and a bit awkward about being recognised. She may be more used to it nowadays! She was very gracious anyway. Ditto for Tom Ellis who was also there. :cool:
  • lectorlector Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know someone who went to school with the Middletons.

They were known as the 'Wisteria Sisters'

Outwardly fragrant but always trying to climb upwards!
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've met / encountered / observed lots of celebs at various events over the years and can't disagree with the general consensus about Anthony Cotton and Cilla Black. Both seemed very self-important and dismissive

Who on Earth is Anthony Cotton to treat people like that any way? He's a nobody really apart from (from what I know) he plays a useless character on a soap. Someone should give these so-called 'zzz-lebrities' who treat others badly a taste of their own medicine :mad: