Freddie Starr gets married

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So he was never charged with anything then?

Perosnally I do not care who he marries, it is up to him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    I think she looked 16, because she was 16.

If that's true then what crime has he committed? She says in the article that he had a case of wandering hands, & that she rebuffed him. That's it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Truly devastated that he's off the market!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How I hate that expression 'kiddy fiddler'. :p:p It makes it sound like abuse is some sort of perverted 'joke'.

Des O'Connor isn't in the same position that Starr's in, in that Starr allegedly groped a 14 year old girl. Marrying a girl half his age when he's implicated in that kind of conduct doesn't look good.

To me kiddy fiddler concocts an image of a depraved dirty ****, as it should.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,809
    Forum Member
    cynet wrote: »
    Desperate man doing a desperate thing to make himself look like a normal down to earth guy who is being picked on because he got caught for lying and he has been accused of a sexual crime.

Marrying someone young enough to be your granddaughter makes his situation even worst, silly old fool.

If you happened to walk pass someone unknown to you in the street do you regard that as having met and would you recognise them 30-40 years later?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,809
    Forum Member
    Truly devastated that he's off the market!

There's always more fish in the sea, although it might be battered cod.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    If that's true then what crime has he committed? She says in the article that he had a case of wandering hands, & that she rebuffed him. That's it.

Agree, exactly that. He may not come across as, or be, a particularly pleasant person but he hasn't been accused of anything other than the above and, in the scheme of things, it's hardly much of a crime, is it? And what on earth the age of the woman he's just married has to do with him once upon a time behaving like an obnoxious boor is beyond me. I really dislike how dislike of someone throws logic and objectivity out the window. An arse and a boor he may be but he should never have been tarnished with the Savile brush.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i pity her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Agree, exactly that. He may not come across as, or be, a particularly pleasant person but he hasn't been accused of anything other than the above and, in the scheme of things, it's hardly much of a crime, is it? And what on earth the age of the woman he's just married has to do with him once upon a time behaving like an obnoxious boor is beyond me. I really dislike how dislike of someone throws logic and objectivity out the window. An arse and a boor he may be but he should never have been tarnished with the Savile brush.

It's really bad tarring these others with the same brush, and I mean by that DLT (who wasn't even allowed to defend himself even with the paparazzi at his gate, because it was going to court) and even Jim Davidson - I know he's disliked, but I heard that the reason he was dragged in was to do with 2 grown women - as soon as SAVILE POLICE is mentioned people start adding 2+2 to make 4, when 4 might not be the right answer (you know what I mean, couldn't think of a good analogy there:D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    It's really bad tarring these others with the same brush, and I mean by that DLT (who wasn't even allowed to defend himself even with the paparazzi at his gate, because it was going to court) and even Jim Davidson - I know he's disliked, but I heard that the reason he was dragged in was to do with 2 grown women - as soon as SAVILE POLICE is mentioned people start adding 2+2 to make 4, when 4 might not be the right answer (you know what I mean, couldn't think of a good analogy there:D)

2+A person I really dislike = 4. ;)

Totally agree re the others mentioned above. Far as I can recall, only two of those arrested have actually had child abuse charges levelled at them, all the rest were adult-related 'offences' and although I can't say I'm much of a fan of any of them, my not being a fan has nothing to do with their right to not be perceived as child abusers.
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How the hell is marrying a 30-something woman in any way similar to molesting underage girls? People are weird.
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may have missed it, but has there ever been other allegations made against FS, apart from Karin Ward's?
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starr's track record with failed marriages, his age and - by the looks of it - his health are not exactly promising of great things with this union.

Someone at the Mail can't count BTW. From the same article:

Starr has four children from five previous marriages. He has not spoken to his first wife Sandy, nor their three children, for several years.

Ms Lea is Mr Starr's fourth wife. He married his first wife Betty when he was just 17. They had a son and divorced after 12 years.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You'd think with their attitude to enforcing everybody else's standards the Mail would employ people who understand that four is less than five. :D
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may have missed it, but has there ever been other allegations made against FS, apart from Karin Ward's?

None have been reported
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rionia wrote: »
    None have been reported

Thank you. I hadn't seen anything. It's quite strange when I think about it, especially given his long career in show business.

Come to think about it not much about GG either.
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. I hadn't seen anything. It's quite strange when I think about it, especially given his long career in show business.

Come to think about it not much about GG either.

There wasn't much against Jimmy Savile until he died, you may remember. He died without a single charge pressed against him, now they say he molested hundreds and raped more than 30.
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    He always struck me as lecherous in a Benny Hill kind of way. You know ,chasing ladies round & round,and lets be honest ,many 16 yr olds look older.
    But yes,I'd say the wedding is a damage limitation thing & I doubt it would have happened (baby or not) if this hadn't blown up .
    Re him being skint. I don't agree,I think him very wealthy . He does the gigs to keep his hand in (no pun intended there). At a rate of just one a fortnight they won't be too taxing on his health & would allow him loads of down time at home between them.
    In an article I read he said he was selling the house because it felt violated now due to the police searches. Nothing about finances.
    Anyway all this wife needs to do is hang in there for her rewards because he looks dreadful & ready to expire.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How the hell is marrying a 30-something woman in any way similar to molesting underage girls? People are weird.

I don't think anyone has said anything like that.

It just looks strange marrying this young woman when allegations of assault might be pending that's all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think anyone has said anything like that.

It just looks strange marrying this young woman when allegations of assault might be pending that's all.

:confused: You did. "It doesn't look good." = you implying a direct connection between the two things. How else should the following be interpreted? You're saying below that some random 4-decade old historic and as yet unproven groping of a teenage girl has some dubious connection with his now marrying a woman in her 30s. There is no connection.
    Des O'Connor isn't in the same position that Starr's in, in that Starr allegedly groped a 14 year old girl. Marrying a girl half his age when he's implicated in that kind of conduct doesn't look good.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    Starr's track record with failed marriages, his age and - by the looks of it - his health are not exactly promising of great things with this union.

Someone at the Mail can't count BTW. From the same article:

Starr has four children from five previous marriages. He has not spoken to his first wife Sandy, nor their three children, for several years.

Ms Lea is Mr Starr's fourth wife. He married his first wife Betty when he was just 17. They had a son and divorced after 12 years.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You'd think with their attitude to enforcing everybody else's standards the Mail would employ people who understand that four is less than five. :D

Much as I hate to defend the Wail, who really are the biggest hippocrites going, on this occasion they are right - according to the article Freddie and his third wife Donna divorced and then remarried, and then divorced again. So five marriages but only four wives.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: You did. "It doesn't look good." = you implying a direct connection between the two things. How else should the following be interpreted? You're saying below that some random 4-decade old historic and as yet unproven groping of a teenage girl has some dubious connection with his now marrying a woman in her 30s. There is no connection.

Yes, I did.

And it doesn't look good to marry a young woman half your age when you have allegations of assault on a young woman - assault, not child abuse - hanging round your neck.

You're the one who's making a big thing out of a personal observation and going on about 'random 4-decade old historic'. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I did.

And it doesn't look good to marry a young woman half your age when you have allegations of assault on a young woman - assault, not child abuse - hanging round your neck.

You're the one who's making a big thing out of a personal observation and going on about 'random 4-decade old historic'. :cool:

Ha! So why deny it then? You're the one making the past into a big deal, not me. I'm merely pointing out your contradictions. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! So why deny it then? You're the one making the past into a big deal, not me. I'm merely pointing out your contradictions. ;)

No contradictions at all my dear. And I've denied nothing. Au contraire - I've said I stated it doesn't look good, and it doesn't.

Plenty of other people on this thread have pointed out that marrying a young girl when etc.etc......but you haven't had a go at them.

Perhaps you can point out where I've actually said that marrying this young woman is akin to child abuse? Because that's what you're implying.

Have a nice day. :)
  • workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Words fail me.
    This Sophie sounds a bit of a piece of work, leaving her child to shack up with an old, fat has been comic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270248/BREAKING-NEWS-Freddie-Starr-marries-fiancee-year-romance-low-key-wedding.html

dumb and dumber.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny, when it's two men wanting to get married it's all about "What two legally consenting adults get up to is nobody else's business." with no mention of age.