Options

The Big Reunion - ITV2 next Thursday

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the sad background piano music they use every time there's a sad moment or story of fall from grace?!
  • Options
    bratwurztbratwurzt Posts: 2,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I would give for 30 seconds with Natasha Hamilton.
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,050
    Forum Member
    dory353 wrote: »
    What's the sad background piano music they use every time there's a sad moment or story of fall from grace?!

The piece that was playing when Sean was crying? If so, I just came here to ask that too.

Any ideas peeps?
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    If that was Atomic Kitten "nailing it" I'd hate to have heard them on a bad day! :eek: Kerry's lesbian rant was bloody funny though. :D

Overall quite a 'meh' show this week, there seemed to be an air of desperation to create some drama that just wasn't there. Not enough B*witched for my liking didn't help - Abz was brilliant though!
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think Sean from 5ive had mental issues? I love B*witched btw.

He had a well documented, complete nervous breakdown so yes he does quite clearly have some psychological issues.

Nice to know some posters (not you think the best way to deal with someone with mental health issues is to give them a slap though. Lets hope they are never affected by any such problems and that, if they do, no one thinks that slapping them is the answer. :mad:
  • Options
    poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kerry Katona does look a bit butch with that hair ! I was a bit dissapointed that Blue were in the mix as I think the blonde one is a complete knob. I see Antony is still going on about how he was the ugly one! :p
    However I forgot how much I facied Simon Webbe. I have just been listening to No worries on You Tube. I love that song.
  • Options
    Harfynn TeuportHarfynn Teuport Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    He had a well documented, complete nervous breakdown so yes he does quite clearly have some psychological issues.

Nice to know some posters (not you think the best way to deal with someone with mental health issues is to give them a slap though. Lets hope they are never affected by any such problems and that, if they do, no one thinks that slapping them is the answer. :mad:

As someone who has been there myself, I wondered if he might have extensively misused cannabis at some point. He seems to have some of the same issues I had with mood swings and lack of confidence.
  • Options
    I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoying this series, although I hadn't initially intended to watch it, as I wasn't really into any of the bands, and particularly don't like B*witched.

I'm still enjoying the series, but my favourite episodes were the first three, documenting the bands, 2 at a time, on their rise to fame and their fall from grace. I found it fascinating!! I didn't know HALF of what went on, and it was so interesting to how they did/didn't get on with each other, how they were manipulated/screwed by the record companies, and how they coped with the fallout of being dropped.

SO glad I tuned in.

xx
  • Options
    Madmissi12Madmissi12 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    The piece that was playing when Sean was crying? If so, I just came here to ask that too.

Any ideas peeps?

It was the excellent 'The Lonely' by Christina Perri :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO4e4nCYBEo
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    He's so not ready to do this again. If he really wants to delve into a music career, he needs to do it as a solo singer - even if it shows in this programme that the reunion tour goes well for the group.
    He appeared on The Voice at the blind audition stage as a solo artist and didn't get picked by any of the judges.
  • Options
    NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts on Sean from 5ive are: if he is still so mentally damaged he should not be in the show. I mean this in a caring way. I think he has put himself under to much stress, at a time he is not ready for.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    natalie77 wrote: »
    That's been bugging me all series they bleep them out just after 9 pm but then later on they don't bother? :confused:

there's a stupid 5/10 minute rule thing which means the f word can't be used within that time at the start of a programme... it's silly given the whole idea of a watershed!
  • Options
    mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts on Sean from 5ive are: if he is still so mentally damaged he should not be in the show. I mean this in a caring way. I think he has put himself under to much stress, at a time he is not ready for.

Totally agree with you. All the other bands seems to be having a laugh and are generally chilled out, but with 5, you have Sean more or less constantly having a mini break down. He should not have been allowed on the show. They should have done some kind of health check on each person. Let's hope he does not come out of this reunion with more issues than he went in with.
  • Options
    anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    Totally agree with you. All the other bands seems to be having a laugh and are generally chilled out, but with 5, you have Sean more or less constantly having a mini break down. He should not have been allowed on the show. They should have done some kind of health check on each person. Let's hope he does not come out of this reunion with more issues than he went in with.

true but you don't know they may already have done so and deemed he was ok to do it, it could be even a case of facing his old demons to help him move on?

Millions of people have medical issues with mental health etc, they cant just sit and hide away from things, so probably is getting the help he needs (and if not I hope someone sees hes struggling and is there for him)

Plus have seen some other stuff when they've been doing tv interviews etc where he seems ok with it, certainly more chatty etc than I remember the first time around.
  • Options
    mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anna42hmr wrote: »
    true but you don't know they may already have done so and deemed he was ok to do it, it could be even a case of facing his old demons to help him move on?

Well I reckon the demon he needs to exorcise is J but he is nowhere to be seen. Anyway, I am not a psychotherapist, so I shall not go on about it.

So does anyone reckon any of these bands will get a record deal out of this? I think it's quite likely B*Witched will get one if Sinead doesn't disappear. Plus there were no breakdowns or meltdowns which caused them to break back in the day. The others - well I am not too sure. What are your thoughts?
  • Options
    westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope 5ive do - I'd love to hear some new music from them especially now in their current line up which I really like a lot.
  • Options
    kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I reckon the demon he needs to exorcise is J but he is nowhere to be seen. Anyway, I am not a psychotherapist, so I shall not go on about it.

So does anyone reckon any of these bands will get a record deal out of this? I think it's quite likely B*Witched will get one if Sinead doesn't disappear. Plus there were no breakdowns or meltdowns which caused them to break back in the day. The others - well I am not too sure. What are your thoughts?

Keavy had a break down. She still dosen't seem that well, I mean not as unwell as Sean but not as well as the other three. She's just more supported as her sister is in the band and she seems to have more family and friends to support her.
  • Options
    NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks :) I used to be a huge 5ive fan, went to see them in Wales back in the day lol with my daughter. I heard Jay had terrible insomnia & the schedule they all had, made this worse, hence he was snappy and miserable. I never really knew Sean was like this & this show has really opened my eyes to just how harsh the young kids are pushed. Sean does seem ready to just snap again, or is it a act/ role he has been given to play.
    I seriously do hope he has somebody to maybe take him said, & if needed pull him out. Hopefully by the end, it maybe therapeutic for him & some of the others. Fame costs as somebody one said.:p really loving this show though.

Edited to add: I knew Sean had been ill previously though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I know that I'd like to round up all the parasites who prey on young bands and singers, who exploit them and who bullsh*t them to get money off them (and they seem to always end up with so much more than the band themselves) and kick them quite hard!

You have to be desperate scum to do that and not treat singers like people because you know you won't have to deal with the fallout, but you have a nice mansion to go home to :mad:
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    ferret123 wrote: »
    I know that I'd like to round up all the parasites who prey on young bands and singers, who exploit them and who bullsh*t them to get money off them (and they seem to always end up with so much more than the band themselves) and kick them quite hard!

You have to be desperate scum to do that and not treat singers like people because you know you won't have to deal with the fallout, but you have a nice mansion to go home to :mad:

It doesn't just apply to young bands and singers. If the record company says your next music video is going to be shot in Barbados don't get excited because every penny spent is coming out of your pocket and not theirs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I'm I the only one that was shocked that Duncan James was gay.???
    I must of been out the country when all that came out.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsbadger wrote: »

I thought he was bi but didn't know he was gay
  • Options
    annwannw Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still really, really loving abs [didn t think i would at all]
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,050
    Forum Member
    Madmissi12 wrote: »
    It was the excellent 'The Lonely' by Christina Perri :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO4e4nCYBEo

Thank you !! :)
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsbadger wrote: »

He isn't he's Bi.