2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Of course!

Erm no...as I said in the OP, she goes out and roams around!

She goes upstairs and starts to meow as soon as she comes in, yes!

She is? Where did I say that?

Yes I am because as I said in the OP, she does it right after coming in after a couple of hours and where there is ample opportunity! I think I'm entitled to be a bit p'd off!

In the morning, she is fed, goes out for an hour comes in has a sleep goes out for a couple of hours comes in is fed then goes and craps in the bath!

Not providing a dirty litter tray particularly with a 2 year old around and with another cat that will most probably revert back to litter tray when she doesn't need it now. Looks like she needs rehoming then!

most persians are indoor cats , due to the fur between the pads on their feet can rub and become very sore and unpleasent for them , you need a litter tray for the cat , but if you wont do that then a cat , and definately not a persian isnt for you , sorry.:cry:

i would also like to say my daughter had 3 cats with indoor litter trays around since she came home after being born , safety gate on the room the tray is in will sort that so you cannot use that as an excuse :cool:
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    I had a cat who starting pooing in the bath (at least it was easy to clean up!) and it turned out that she started to lack the control to wait (especially after eating) - she turned out to have a bowel tumour :(

Certainly not saying that is what is wrong with your cat, just thought I'd add another opinion into the mix.

I'd take your cat to the vet to see if there is any medical reason for the change in habit.
  • Options
    Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe i was a little harsh and for that i am sorry...i do tend to get a bit over protective of cats, and i should think more before i reply.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you all!

At the end of the day I am an animal lover and of the both cats I have, one is a rescue (the persian) which the original owner was going to have put down because it was too much hard work and the other was a stray that I have adopted (well, he just appeared one day, all flea ridden and never left!). I just get a bit sensitive when people suggest that I don't deserve or suggest that I am in some indirect way being cruel!

My Persian has always been a great cat, its simply this problem that is proving particularly stressful. Re the litter tray. The problem I have is that I have an open planned house, I have no doors to close and no door jam in which to put a baby gate. I think the layout of my house is the biggest problem tbh, I'd love to simply not let her past the kitchen at the moment until this stops but I can't stop her from going where she wants, I also can't keep a costant watch on my two year old, there are times I have to take my eyes off him! Maybe she is no longer for me, which is a shame as she has always been a little overly needy perhaps, but generally fine!

Anyway, I apologise for being over a td oversensitive, bygones!
  • Options
    Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a covered litter tray would solve a lot of problems regarding your child getting into it..and if after shes been checked out by the vet and there isnt an medical reason for it maybe you can try putting a litter tray (which i know isnt what you want but...) in the bath where she goes and gradually move it closer to the door and eventually outside...just like litter training her again to get her back in the habbit of going outside.

usually though any major change on behaviour is either medical or territorial, maybe another cat has been scaring yours when shes outside?
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    most persians are indoor cats , due to the fur between the pads on their feet can rub and become very sore and unpleasent for them , you need a litter tray for the cat , but if you wont do that then a cat , and definately not a persian isnt for you , sorry.:cry:

i would also like to say my daughter had 3 cats with indoor litter trays around since she came home after being born , safety gate on the room the tray is in will sort that so you cannot use that as an excuse :cool:

My parents have a Persian cat and she loves being outdoors in fact she spends most of her day outside and only comes in to eat in the Summer even now in Winter she is outside until dinner time and goes back out. When she had to be kept indoors for two weeks after an operation she would sit looking out the patio doors desperate to go out. They have never had any problems with her having sore paws either. She also doesn't use a litter tray even though they have one, she prefers going outside.

I feel sorry for Pull2Open he came here for advice and people have turned round and told him he shouldn't have cats because he doesn't want to use a litter tray and I know exactly how he feels with regards to not wanting to use a litter tray. I hate having a litter tray in the house, it is dirty, unhygienic and it smells. It doesn't make me a bad cat owner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    elliecat wrote: »
    My parents have a Persian cat and she loves being outdoors in fact she spends most of her day outside and only comes in to eat in the Summer even now in Winter she is outside until dinner time and goes back out. When she had to be kept indoors for two weeks after an operation she would sit looking out the patio doors desperate to go out. They have never had any problems with her having sore paws either. She also doesn't use a litter tray even though they have one, she prefers going outside.

I feel sorry for Pull2Open he came here for advice and people have turned round and told him he shouldn't have cats because he doesn't want to use a litter tray and I know exactly how he feels with regards to not wanting to use a litter tray. I hate having a litter tray in the house, it is dirty, unhygienic and it smells. It doesn't make me a bad cat owner.

no, there is nothing wrong with not wanting a litter tray, whats wrong is the fact that P2O said that he would get rid of the cat rather than use a tray - that imo IS bad ownership.
  • Options
    MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    elliecat wrote: »

I don't like having a litter tray myself. I didn't even own one for many years but one of my cats is using one currently so I just make the best of the situation - having a covered tray in a discreet place. My cat is a rescue cat and I would never ever re-home her just because she's currently scared about going outside. I'm sure she'll eventually regain her confidence.