Comments

• mountymounty Posts: 19,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    old stuff like.. Ali G
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they've really cut the budget on this show. Are they standing in a basement? It's gone from bad (last series) to worse.
  • bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,702
    Forum Member
    Sorry but that bit on movie streaming with Malcolm was just pointless
  • tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus, they still insist on reciting all the competition prizes, this alone makes me want to turn off every time.

Back to recording it so I can skip this shit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show is doing a lot of things right. The items have been great. Plenty information and I feel like they got justified ratings against similar competition.

However please tone jason down ffs

It's like he's turned the volume of geeky hipsterish up to 11!
  • 446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nugsey05 wrote: »
    Am I the only person that actually quite liked the World Tour/All New Gadget Show format?

Yes. It was awful :D

I can't believe how bad RR looks compared to on Countdown in a dress with decent make-up.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nugsey05 wrote: »
    Am I the only person that actually quite liked the World Tour/All New Gadget Show format?

No. Carl will no doubt be along at some point to tell you how much he loved it as well :D
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Is that berk in the oversized specs still in it?

Redfoo?
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    holy shit!

the recital of the competition prizes is ridiculous
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The studio is a bit 1990's. This show is going to die pretty soon.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    tgabber wrote: »
    Jesus, they still insist on reciting all the competition prizes, this alone makes me want to turn off every time.

Back to recording it so I can skip this shit.

I have exactly the same reaction. Just put the ruddy stuff on a website and shut up about it. Either that or just have one or two items. The huge prize where you get 2-3 versions of effectively the same 50 things just looks like consumerism gone mad and makes me feel a little sick!
    Forum Member
    Overall I am enjoying it. Much more so than the world tour. I think the show has more balance now and a clearer structure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    The studio is a bit 1990's. This show is going to die pretty soon.

I think you're right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Suzie Perry tell them where to stick it then? As they have Jon back presumably they tried to get her as well.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    Did Suzie Perry tell them where to stick it then? As they have Jon back presumably they tried to get her as well.

She's doing Formula 1 for the BBC at the moment, so perhaps wouldn't be available even if she wanted to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching the first half-hour on +1 that I missed before.
    Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez these ads are ENDLESS! How are we supposed to endure so many ads?
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't watch the gadget show, still annoys me with their love of Apple, remember when the Ipod touch won best hand held gaming device put me right off.
  • NickLangleyNickLangley Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tuned in just to see how RR looked.

It's inevitable: she's losing her bloom
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Half the problem with the show pre-World Tour was the ridiculous amount of presenters. Having just the two presenters over the past couple of series worked so much better. Pollyanna barely featured in tonight's show which is a shame as I always felt her and Jason worked so well together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've admired her so often on Countdown I'm just flabbergasted how much junk is in the trunk :)
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Oh look. People being overly critical of The Gadget Show on Digital Spy Forums. How novel. The main criticisms look even weaker than normal, hilariously.

1) Too many ads they say. I say nonsense as C5 are allowed only the same amount per hour as any other commercial channel and all commercial channels will use the maximum possible in the peak 8pm slot.
    2) The studio is too dated they say. Really ? Does it really matter what the studio looks like. It more than serves its purpose.
    3) Jason is too enthusiastic they say. If you don't share Jason's enthusiasm for new technology, you're probably watching the wrong programme. The tone of tonight's episode was exactly the same as day 1 on The Gadget Show 18 series ago or whatever it is now, and seemingly it has served them well to this point. This isn't Click playing out to a niche audience on BBC News, it's an entertainment show on a mainstream channel aimed at a broad family audience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I'm liking it. Back to a better balance of content and a reasonable number of presenters. Seems like a good team.

As for the ads, it was probably that one really long ad that did my head in. Half the time these days I mute the sound and read something for a few minutes.
  • DxfatassDxfatass Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was fine - getting Jon back was a good move, and Rachel Riley is always welcome. I like Polly doing the more adventurous travelling segments, they add good variety to the show. Even the Danny Dyer appearance was a good segment.

Still can't stand Jason. I respect he's enthusiastic about technology, but there must be people available with similar enthusiasm without being so incredibly embarrassing and unbearably irritating? I realise he'll never get the bullet from the show at this stage, but there's no doubt in my mind that would improve the show instantly.

So overall a decent (re-)start in my view.
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »

3) Jason is too enthusiastic they say. If you don't share Jason's enthusiasm for new technology, you're probably watching the wrong programme. The tone of tonight's episode was exactly the same as day 1 on The Gadget Show 18 series ago or whatever it is now, and seemingly it has served them well to this point. This isn't Click playing out to a niche audience on BBC News, it's an entertainment show on a mainstream channel aimed at a broad family audience.

I think you are missing the point. It is not his enthusiasm i have an issue with, is is the fact he prefers to dick about and play up to the camera.

I don't dislike him or him appearing on the show i just want it toned down a bit.
  • VincentHVincentH Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Wanted to watch, but soon as Jason started jumping around the new set I switched over. He's 44. I'm not 15. It's embarrassing to watch.

As for the competition, think I'm right in saying it pays for the show to be made in the first place, so hence they spend a lot of time on it.