The Chaser - Don't Mess With Her!

2»

Comments

• DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Chase is crap. Its just a rip off of Deal or No Deal.

I watch Pointless. Far superior. Richard Osman is the cleverest man on television FACT :p:D

its pretty far removed from deal or no deal.
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I love Anne Hegarty!

This was one of her 'classic' moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUglaSwGZU

Fantastic put-down and the outcome was satisfaction itself. :D

What a rude, arrogant bitch that woman was!

Well done Anne for getting such sweet revenge.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Fanny Chmelar! :D

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teNgQTrv6pE

I think I loved her just a bit more, after this. Watching her corpse at 1:37 onwards is priceless.
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    'Old Frosty Knickers' or 'Snotty Knickers' as she is known in our House after my Mother misheard Bradley when she watched the Chase for the first time, has to be along with the 'Beast' my favourite Chasers. Hegaty is brilliant at the put down's and like the 'Beast' has the best personalities out of the Chasers, they seem to be able to take Bradley's Jokes as well as deliver good put down's off there own's to the contestants, there games for me are the most enjoyable and i think they are probably the smartest Chasers. Also the Chase is nothing like Deal or No Deal the Chase is a far better show, with a better format and a better presenter.

Well said I love it when Bradley introduces her as frosty knickers and also Mark (the Beast). Not really interested in the other two especially Sean Wallace he has no personality whatsoever and always seems to get beat.

Hate Deal or No Deal and you are right The Chase is enjoyable with the banter to go along with it.
    Bradley Walsh has to be one of the best quiz show presenters ever on our TVs. If he ever left I wouldn't watch it
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chase is crap. Its just a rip off of Deal or No Deal...
    They're not even remotely similar.:confused:
    ...This was one of her 'classic' moments.

What an unpleasant woman - urgh. Anne played it just right.

Those saying Sean is the weakest Chaser must be watching a different show to me. Personally, I think he's one of the strongest and his humour is there if you get it...
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I loved her just a bit more, after [the Fanny Chmelar incident]

I hadn't watched much of the show before that aired, so wrongly presumed that the Chasers were all serious like the Eggheads, rather than playing up to a character. This was the moment which first revealed to me that Anne did in fact have a good personality and sense of humour!
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member

I watch Pointless. Far superior. Richard Osman is the cleverest man on television FACT :p:D

:rolleyes: Remind how many quiz answers you have to get on DOND again?
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Anne Hegarty!

for that contestant, the show might as well be named "reality bites" :D:p
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her rapport with Bradley as they genuinely seem to like each other, same with The Beasts rapport with Bradly , :D

Bradly does not seem to laugh or chat with the other two
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Anne Hegarty!

What an obnoxious, smirking, smug, grotesque woman that contestant was. LOVED the fact that Anne Hegarty got the better of her. :D
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    I know what you mean, i can still manage to watch Sean's games even though he is in my opinion the weakest Chaser but Paul's game's bore me and i must admit i turn over.
    I think Paul is hilarious - I love his wit and that he's usually quite complimentary to the contestants (even when they largely don't deserve it).
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    What a horrible, ill-mannered, smug idiot. Well done Anne for taking the wind out of her sails.
  • Markyboy79Markyboy79 Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Ann would be great value in the jungle. I could imagine her being funny, confrontational and she would just get on with the trials.
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Remind how many quiz answers you have to get on DOND again?

Yeah but come on, it's SO hard to choose the right boxes! ;)
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ It's funny to think that I used to be a keen viewer of DOND but went right off it as the years passed and my attitude towards the show's premise changed. My initial reaction to it was "It's just picking boxes. What a brilliant, novel concept!" and now I think "It's just picking boxes. What a pointless concept!"
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    ^ It's funny to think that I used to be a keen viewer of DOND but went right off it as the years passed and my attitude towards the show's premise changed. My initial reaction to it was "It's just picking boxes. What a brilliant, novel concept!" and now I think "It's just picking boxes. What a pointless concept!"

No, no...that's a different quiz show! :D:p

Actually, a pretty good one, Pointless. DOND got way too sickly for me.

Anne makes a great dominatrix and, again, I just love how she dealt with one of the rudest contestants in quiz show history and how she corpses now and then. If she were doing it all the time it wouldn't be as funny but...yep, it's comical when she does 'go'. I think Bradley tries to get her to crack on purpose but it's all good-natured.
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Anne Hegarty!

LOOOOL I love Anne
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't understand how you can possibly say that when The Chase is no way similar to DOND in either shape, form, or format.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Paul is hilarious - I love his wit and that he's usually quite complimentary to the contestants (even when they largely don't deserve it).

I like Paul as well.
    I think all the chasers each bring something different to the table, and I'm glad that they do have different chasers to mix things up a bit and ensure that the show doesn't get stale.

If everybody agreed on keeping the most popular chaser and getting rid of the other three, it wouldn't take them long to regret it and the show start feeling a bit samey and stale.

I even enjoy the reveal at the start of the show where we anticipate who the day's Chaser is going to be.
    It's also an added interest because it ensures that the Chasers need to keep their standard up and can't slack off because they're not going to want to look poor in comparison with the other Chasers. They're actually fighting to keep their own reputation on the show high. It's a bit of bonus added pressure and competition of pride between the Chasers themselves because they know that their success will be measured against each other as much as it is with how well they compete against contestants.
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only watch the Chaser when it's on at my nan's (she's a big fan!) and I love Anne. That contestant is one of the rudest women I've ever had the misfortune of coming across. Who does she think she is? Smug bitch is putting it lightly - I'd say what she really deserves to be called if I wouldn't be censored or banned for it.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Anne. She's easily my favourite chaser. Paul is my second favourite.
  • Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Chase is good, you actually need some intelligence to gain money on that show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Butterface wrote: »
    What an obnoxious, smirking, smug, grotesque woman that contestant was. LOVED the fact that Anne Hegarty got the better of her. :D

Team Frosty Knickers all the way! :D