Celebs and veneers/false teeth

Comments

• Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    I honestly do not know why they would want to look like horses as that is what they look like. Rylan actually had okay looking teeth before those horrors were put in and as for the towie brigade, the only explanation I can think of is that they got a group discount!
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for Rylan as no matter how much he wants to kid himself those are a disaster. Its gone very wrong and which ever dentist did that will suffer from people refusing treatment from them now. They look terrible. Its the worst advert for false teeth that there could ever be. They almost look like the fake ones you put in for fancy dress. Seriously. He looks like an extra in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. :eek:
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate Middleton also has had her teeth done if you look at older pics. They're not too bad though ..... You can see she's had them done, cos you always can, but I guess with all her money she,s paid top whack.
  • violetcrawleyvioletcrawley Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    First thing I noticed was that Professor Green's teeth looked like a set of ill fitting dentures.

Martine McCutcheon has awful veneers that look like dentures too.

Chloe Sims of Towie and Rylan from BB look like they're wearing huge comedy teeth.

Dennis Waterman had such a huge set of veneers in the middle of the series of New Tricks that when he laughed, it frightened our dog ! He's now had different ones and they're much smaller.

Sarah Harding has had veneers too big for her mouth.

Colin Firth has had some fairly big ones, along with the rest of his Hollywood overhaul (dyed hair, weight loss and a suspiciously taut face).

Denzel Washington's veneers look too big for his mouth.

Bez from the Happy Mondays looks like he's got a whitened Stonehenge in his mouth. They're huge !

Michelle Keegan has lot a little of her beauty because her teeth look like dentures now. Her teeth were fine before, so no idea what possessed her to get veneers !

Rylan's have to be the worst, ill fitting veneers I've ever seen though. How can a dentist allow a patient leave his surgery looking like that? :eek:

Laughing :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Cruise teeth were really bad and so were Piers Brosnan.

I have to say Rylan teeth are a joke. I keep thinking they have found Shergar!!!

Also they look exactly like Chloe Simms.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    warszawa wrote: »
    Yes, they are pretty bad. As are Noel Gallagher's and Gordon Ramsey's. As for Rylan, Dick Emery wouldn't even wear those.

Lol lol
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He reminded me of this guy Clicky
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nw0307 wrote: »
    I have had one veneer done on one of my front teeth but that was only to cover a tooth that had died and started going grey. Apparently you can't whiten dead teeth and the only option was to get a veneer. However the dentist was very good and made sure the mould of my old tooth was taken and did an exact colour match. My teeth were always nice and straight and I did it as I was concious of the discolouration.

I had a dead front tooth whitened (previous dentist messed up, gave me a root canal I didn't need, then said "oh, your tooth will go brown but there's nothing we can do about that without a crown". That's when I changed dentists to a friend of mine - the only reason I hadn't changed before was that my previous dentist offered Denplan and my friend didn't (if you live in Jersey, where all dentists are private, things like that matter - so many children here have appalling teeth because parents can't always afford treatment) but I was desperate by then and willing to pay anything to sort out my dead tooth! The first thing my friend said as my dentist (not as my friend - he's very professional in his consulting rooms) was "I've noticed your tooth, obviously - would you like me to fix it for you?".

He explained that when tooth dies it's basically like a bruise on the inside of the tooth - that's why externally-applied bleaching treatments won't do any good. My dentist made me a clear mouth guard, then drilled off the back of my tooth and I had to fill the guard with bleach for three days to basically bleach it from the inside. Obviously my tooth was very vulnerable, and very thin, for those three days - I was terrified of shattering it altogether and ending up worse off - but three days later the tooth was white again instead of a horrible, mucky brown colour. (Can't say the mouth guard survived unscathed - I had to live on soup for duration and made the mistake of eating carrot soup and turning the mouth guard orange. Very embarrassing!). Anyway, the back of the tooth was filled again with white filling and off I went with a lovely white tooth again. That was 10 years ago and I haven't needed anything doing to the tooth, or the filling, since although I know eventually the filling will need replacing. Even my dentist friend can't remember which tooth he fixed until he looks to see which one has the filling behind it!

So, if anyone else with a dead tooth has been told it can't be fixed without drastic veneer/crown treatments that's not necessarily true (although obviously your circumstances may have been different precluding internal bleaching?). It cost me £150 10 years ago, not sure what it would cost now though. But, to me, it was a price worth paying so I could smile again after so long being embarrassed about my dead tooth, and a far less drastic option than a crown or veneer.

Tidy up/straighten/bleach by all means - I've had braces top and bottom - but I don't get why some people (like Rylan) want to end up looking like a freak show with mad veneers/crowns that have also permanently wrecked any natural (and possibly perfectly ok) teeth they had. :confused: At 46 I'm fighting tooth and nail to keep my own teeth and so far I'm succeeding! After all, there is no going back once you've taken the drastic route.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our Cilla lol
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone directed me to this fellow called Bingo,

Rylan - http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgcax91tdV1qgvzpuo1_500.jpg
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2417329/Rylan-Clarks-porcelain-teeth-veneers-steal-limelight-Spectacle-Wearer-Year-event.html

Aren't these just too awful?

I saw pics yesterday of Professor Green's wedding and he's the same - teeth which hardly fit in his mouth and look totally false.

Thing is they just draw your attention to them and you're left wondering what their real teeth are like underneath.:D

Those photos had me in stitches!!!! Rylans gnashers certainly are in a league of their own. They look like they are trying to break free of his mouth.
  • tim_smithtim_smith Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rylan’s false teeth are going to give me nightmares:eek:. God,there’re bloody awful, is he blind, can he not see how ridiculous he looks? :confused:
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim_smith wrote: »
    Rylan’s false teeth are going to give me nightmares:eek:. God,there’re bloody awful, is he blind, can he not see how ridiculous he looks? :confused:

Imagine if you were a guy on the receiving end of a blow job from him with those gnashers?! You'd be terrified!!! :D
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What gets me is they're paying thousands to be disfigured like this. It's just a licence to print money for the dentists.

Who knows what the long term effects on the teeth will be underneath these veneers:confused:
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2417329/Rylan-Clarks-porcelain-teeth-veneers-steal-limelight-Spectacle-Wearer-Year-event.html

Aren't these just too awful?

I saw pics yesterday of Professor Green's wedding and he's the same - teeth which hardly fit in his mouth and look totally false.

Thing is they just draw your attention to them and you're left wondering what their real teeth are like underneath.:D

Rylan's veneers just look ridiculous. The whiteness of them is just way too much. They're whiter than bloody snow!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    My dentist is also utterly horrified, we talked about this 7 years ago - "destroying perfectly healthy teeth". Rylan's teeth looked fine. He could have had a brace on the bottom to straighten them if he wanted. Shocking. Clearly there are unfortunately too many dentists with no integrity. Shame on them.

I saw him on some show a couple of years ago & I'm sure he had some invisible braces on. He even took them out to show us how good they were. So why he decided to look like Mr Ed is beyond me.
  • tommytigertommytiger Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    LW09 wrote: »
    Cheryl Cole had good teeth before though, she just looked a little 'dracula'. Shes obviously had veneers but she seems to have kept them more or less the same size and that seems to be the key to getting them to look right.

I think she's kept most of her own teeth, had the dracula tooth veneered (or made more natural by having it filled in with composite resin) then had all her teeth whitened. Often if you look closely it's not all veneers but whitening that most have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Someone directed me to this fellow called Bingo,

Rylan - http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgcax91tdV1qgvzpuo1_500.jpg

I'm now crying with laughter at my desk. Thanks a bunch! :D
    Forum Member
    I had a dead front tooth whitened (previous dentist messed up, gave me a root canal I didn't need, then said "oh, your tooth will go brown but there's nothing we can do about that without a crown". That's when I changed dentists to a friend of mine - the only reason I hadn't changed before was that my previous dentist offered Denplan and my friend didn't (if you live in Jersey, where all dentists are private, things like that matter - so many children here have appalling teeth because parents can't always afford treatment) but I was desperate by then and willing to pay anything to sort out my dead tooth! The first thing my friend said as my dentist (not as my friend - he's very professional in his consulting rooms) was "I've noticed your tooth, obviously - would you like me to fix it for you?".

He explained that when tooth dies it's basically like a bruise on the inside of the tooth - that's why externally-applied bleaching treatments won't do any good. My dentist made me a clear mouth guard, then drilled off the back of my tooth and I had to fill the guard with bleach for three days to basically bleach it from the inside. Obviously my tooth was very vulnerable, and very thin, for those three days - I was terrified of shattering it altogether and ending up worse off - but three days later the tooth was white again instead of a horrible, mucky brown colour. (Can't say the mouth guard survived unscathed - I had to live on soup for duration and made the mistake of eating carrot soup and turning the mouth guard orange. Very embarrassing!). Anyway, the back of the tooth was filled again with white filling and off I went with a lovely white tooth again. That was 10 years ago and I haven't needed anything doing to the tooth, or the filling, since although I know eventually the filling will need replacing. Even my dentist friend can't remember which tooth he fixed until he looks to see which one has the filling behind it!

So, if anyone else with a dead tooth has been told it can't be fixed without drastic veneer/crown treatments that's not necessarily true (although obviously your circumstances may have been different precluding internal bleaching?). It cost me £150 10 years ago, not sure what it would cost now though. But, to me, it was a price worth paying so I could smile again after so long being embarrassed about my dead tooth, and a far less drastic option than a crown or veneer.

Tidy up/straighten/bleach by all means - I've had braces top and bottom - but I don't get why some people (like Rylan) want to end up looking like a freak show with mad veneers/crowns that have also permanently wrecked any natural (and possibly perfectly ok) teeth they had. :confused: At 46 I'm fighting tooth and nail to keep my own teeth and so far I'm succeeding! After all, there is no going back once you've taken the drastic route.

Good post. If whitening doesn't work and veneers are too expensive then another option is composite resin (the white stuff that's used for fillings). A dentist can cover the surface of the tooth with it and make the tooth appear whiter.
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm now crying with laughter at my desk. Thanks a bunch! :D
    One banana, two banana etc... :D

Jerseyporter - great post, and nice to hear that not all dentists are mercenaries trying to convince us we need expensive (and quite often) unnecessary treatment.
  • thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had one crown done at the beginning of this year to fix a tooth that got beaten up by an impacted wisdom, and I cannot believe people undergo the procedures willingly. The sheer misery of not being able to eat properly during the 7+ weeks whilst the work was being done, plus a long time getting used to it etc.

It was just awful, eating became a miserable experience for me, and you just can't ignore your teeth like you can other body parts.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand why some celebrities pay goodness knows how much for bright white veneers that just end up making the celebrity in question look ridiculous. More money than sense.
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I can't understand why some celebrities pay goodness knows how much for bright white veneers that just end up making the celebrity in question look ridiculous. More money than sense.
    Unfortunately it's not just celebs that do this to themselves. I know someone who has an American friend who looks ridiculous. She has a face full of botox and teeth so big and white Jaws would be scared of her. That's what vanity does to you sadly.
    Forum Member
    flyingv wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's not just celebs that do this to themselves. I know someone who has an American friend who looks ridiculous. She has a face full of botox and teeth so big and white Jaws would be scared of her. That's what vanity does to you sadly.

Vanity and also greedy dentists. Some dentists will often agree to a veneer procedure when in a lot of cases a basic bleach whitening of the teeth is all that's needed.

Always get a second opinion when doing anything cosmetic with your teeth.
  • poshnoshposhnosh Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't tell the difference between Shane McGowan's before and after pics to be honest :)