Skyrim general thread (Part 2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
I asked this. There's a place in the MIdden under the College. You need certain items including a broom. Not sure what else but I don't use staves other than Sanguine Rose.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1572819

Comments

• Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      First!

edit - and 600
    • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Why do DS do this? its fun to have popular subject topics beaming with replies, just let them go on and on they will die eventually, well i don't care really just wondered :)
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
      Forum Member
      you make a conjuring staff at the atronach forge, underneath winterhold college.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywtMlb1U6AU
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
      Forum Member
      Right....so what Jarl do we go to for new furniture in THIS new home??? :p
    • zofozofo Posts: 7,277
      Forum Member
      you make a conjuring staff at the atronach forge, underneath winterhold college.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywtMlb1U6AU

Cool, will have to look at that when I get home :)

I did find that forge a long time ago and keep finding recipes for it which I've just stored so time to dig them out I think. I don't use staffs but feel I'm missing out if I don't make one :p
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      As with many of the cooler items, by time I was powerfull enough to make a staff, I was so powerfull it was a waste of time.
    • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Why do DS do this? its fun to have popular subject topics beaming with replies, just let them go on and on they will die eventually, well i don't care really just wondered :)
      Because very large threads cause the forum to slow to a crawl. so they split them up to avoid this.

Anyway, first thread in gaming, afaik, to get a second part!!
      Forum Member
      Hotelier wrote: »
      Because very large threads cause the forum to slow to a crawl. so they split them up to avoid this.

Anyway, first thread in gaming, afaik, to get a second part!!

Well done us (and Skyrim) :D
    • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
      Forum Member
      I have to comment in here just so the thread will show up as one I've already commented in.

I thought someone had the sheer cheek to make a new one and call it the same thing !
    • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
      Forum Member
      wow, part 2. Has there ever been a part 2 in gaming?

Edit: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1444783

Doh!
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
      Forum Member
      He4rt wrote: »

Doh!

I just breezed through the last couple of pages of that thread...are you sure that's in the gaming section??? :D

*Its OK...I washed before I came back here...;)
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
      Forum Member
      I'm getting fed up doing side quests. On with the main questline next time I turn on the game. Once the story itself is finished I'll see what I'm gonna do.

I think that (by the way the thread has been going - slowly) over the past couple of weeks others might be waning too!!
    • gothergother Posts: 14,655
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I'll give them bloody Drauges banging their swords on their sheilds at me :/
    • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
      Forum Member
      Came across a random event today...Two Dragons vs a group of Ice Trolls up in the mountains.

I sat back an watched in amazement, but all of a sudden my horse decided to join in on the fight and ended up horse meat before i could figure out what he was playing at.

Another random event that I thought was quite funny was a guy that came running out of nowhere and demanded that I hold on to some stuff that he had stolen (crappy iron armor.) After I had taken it he said that if I double crossed him I’d be sorry. I took this as insult so I unleashed an arrow into the back of his skull. As I was looting his corpse a guard came running and asked if I’d seen a man pass by. 'No, not seen anyone' as I stood on the corpse of the dead thief. The guard believed me and moved on. .:D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
      Forum Member
      Went into the Inn in Ivarstead and the NPC's were in attack mode. Discovered that there was a CAVE BEAR inside the Inn.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
      Forum Member
      Does anyone else give their items custom names when they create them?

Decided to call my ring the Imperial Ring.

Very creative I know :D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
      Forum Member
      Just finished watching Todd Howard's speech at DICE 2012.

Sadly no DLC announcement as many were hoping for but one section of the speech was very interesting.

He said that when the developers/programmers of the game had the final product, they spent a week adding their own features/mods into Skyrim.

There were lots of great stuff they created, off the top of my head there were Mounted dragons, Lycanthropy perks, Fire and ice arrows, a werebear! Fat giants, Killcams for your spells and arrows, Completely dark caves for you horror seekers out there, the ability to become a vampire lord with more perks which looked awesome, Horse mounted combat, Spears and demonic Horses/mounts :)

The best of the lot though had to be a giant mud crab someone had created, biggest thing i have ever seen in the Elder Scrolls games (Actually Gigantic not a 5 foot tall mudcrab :D)

Just amazes me how this stuff never made it into the game, it all looked incredible, fun and varied.

Can only hope they add this stuff in future DLC.
    • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      He4rt wrote: »

Doh!

We'll just have to make it to part three then :D
    • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The best 7 minutes of your life right here: The Great Battle of Skyrim

Wow
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
      Forum Member
      i hope that they release someo ff this stuff on the XBox, ive seen quite a few cool mods popping up on the PC version but i dont want to own 2 different copies of the game on 2 different platforms.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Buncy wrote: »
      Does anyone else give their items custom names when they create them?

Decided to call my ring the Imperial Ring.

Very creative I know :D

I tend to rename things so they appear together in the inventory, makes switching between costumes easier.
      (Crafting Amulet, Crafting Boots, Crafting Ring,Thief Amulet, Thief Boots, Thief Ring etc)

Not creative either, but at least it is productive
      Forum Member
      Buncy wrote: »
      Just finished watching Todd Howard's speech at DICE 2012.

Sadly no DLC announcement as many were hoping for but one section of the speech was very interesting.

He said that when the developers/programmers of the game had the final product, they spent a week adding their own features/mods into Skyrim.

There were lots of great stuff they created, off the top of my head there were Mounted dragons, Lycanthropy perks, Fire and ice arrows, a werebear! Fat giants, Killcams for your spells and arrows, Completely dark caves for you horror seekers out there, the ability to become a vampire lord with more perks which looked awesome, Horse mounted combat, Spears and demonic Horses/mounts :)

The best of the lot though had to be a giant mud crab someone had created, biggest thing i have ever seen in the Elder Scrolls games (Actually Gigantic not a 5 foot tall mudcrab :D)

Just amazes me how this stuff never made it into the game, it all looked incredible, fun and varied.

Can only hope they add this stuff in future DLC.

Would love to try some of those especially mounted dragons.

There was a large Mudcrab in Oblivion so I hope they are going for one the size of a Mammoth :p
      Forum Member
      Got infected with vampirism last night (not me, my lvl 20 char!). Wondering if it's worth letting it grow into full blown vampirism. Never had the chance on my lvl 62 char as he joined the companions.

Is it any fun playing as a vampire in Skyrim? I enjoyed it in Oblivion for a while then the not being out in daylight thing became a major pain.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      zofo wrote: »
      Got infected with vampirism last night (not me, my lvl 20 char!). Wondering if it's worth letting it grow into full blown vampirism. Never had the chance on my lvl 62 char as he joined the companions.

Is it any fun playing as a vampire in Skyrim? I enjoyed it in Oblivion for a while then the not being out in daylight thing became a major pain.

Apprarently, it is not nearly as fun in Skyrim. The bonuses suck (no pun intended), it much harder to keep feeding (you seem to wake everyone up automatically), and much harder to cure yourself once VLevel 4. Might be worth giving it a trial, but make sure you keep a save from before you go full blown.
      If you really want to, the DB is good to be in as they dont attack Vampires, so you have somewhere to go, and can feed off them
      Forum Member
      Doomy wrote: »
      Apprarently, it is not nearly as fun in Skyrim. The bonuses suck (no pun intended), it much harder to keep feeding (you seem to wake everyone up automatically), and much harder to cure yourself once VLevel 4. Might be worth giving it a trial, but make sure you keep a save from before you go full blown.
      If you really want to, the DB is good to be in as they dont attack Vampires, so you have somewhere to go, and can feed off them

Thanks, I'll have to quickly murder someone to get in it :D