Did they ever record any TV stows near where you live

Comments

• QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eastenders- When Mark Fowlers' wife died. I was working in the hospital at the time
    Grange Hill-The first year (I think). Kingsbury High School (where my daughter attends now)
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    The Inbetweeners was filmed where I used to live.
  • Mark SmithMark Smith Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovejoy was filmed around this area. The local railway line was even named after the programme for a while before eventually becoming the Gainsborough Line, which featured in Great British Railway Journeys a year ago.
  • spanglerokapispanglerokapi Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scenes from "Judge John Deed" we're filmed in Aylesbury and "Midsomer Murders" features local villages and I have seen it being filmed on occasions..
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I live close to the studios in Bristol where Deal or No Deal is made, and the warehouse which until recently housed the Casualty set is nearby too.
  • chrisf1fanchrisf1fan Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    In the last couple of years Doctor Who, Merlin, Sherlock and Casualty have been filmed in my area.
  • C HorseC Horse Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The old kids TV programme Supergran was filmed in Tynemouth. Many of the locals still refer to Tynemouth as Chiselton (the fictional village where she solved her crimes).
  • bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    There was a one-off drama a few years ago called Angel Cake, in which Sarah Lancashire played a housewife who baked cakes and sold them.

It was filmed here in High Wycombe, but made to look like Newcastle. My Mrs. got the contract to make all the cakes that were used in the show.
  • runfor yourliferunfor yourlife Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Game of thrones filmed just up the road
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC often did location filming for 'open countryside' at the back of my house at Horsenden Hill in the 1970's, only a few miles from TV Centre and Ealing Studios in suburban London.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gavin and Stacy - Barry.... Saw the last series being filmed :).
  • C HorseC Horse Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spender and 55 Degrees North - both filmed on Tyneside, and, I recall, a pain in the behind as wherever they filmed, they blocked large areas off for hours.

Particularly problematic where they used the Tyne Tunnel (it only had one tunnel in those days) - and to close it meant major disruption
  • LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm ashamed to admit that they filmed parts of The Brittas Empire in my town and a stately home nearby was used in Howard's Way if anyone remembers that.

I had an aunt who lived in a village near Birmingham where they used the churchyard for all the funerals in Crossroads. It became quite a place of pilgrimage for fans. They kept a grave permanantly open for the next death and just covered it over.
  • marlingmarling Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really showing my age here but the Doctor in the House series was filmed at my local (as was then) hospital, but renamed for the series as St Swithin's. Every summer they held a fete there and the cast would turn up.

Hospital now a block of flats.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minder used to be filmed in Shepherds Bush. I remember seeing Arthur Dailys car lot on Blythe Road being filmed in the early 80's. It was an actual car lot too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brum, rosie and jim, gladiators in and around Birmingham
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's a TV 'stow'? The filming on television of someone stowing away, on some boat or flight?
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to work for a property company that owned the terrace of houses where 'This Life' was filmed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I used to go to college in Hadfield aka Royston Vasey and saw them filming The League of Gentlemen in the mornings a few times.
  • PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOWIE
    (loughton)
    *sprints out of thread*

*peeks head in*
    A Touch of Frost filmed in debden broadway for one episode too
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,780
    Forum Member
    linnylou wrote: »
    Pie in the Sky, Midsomer Murders and a juice commercial have all been filmed in my town. I also used to live a stones throw from Elstree Studios.

Pie In The Sky was filmed in the old High Street in Hemel Hempstead and I lived just around the corner at the time. Well the exterior shots of the restaurant were based there and that's not a million miles away from Elstree
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An episode of The Bill was filmed in my house in Croydon in 1996 :D
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Hollywood horror movie, Shrooms, was filmed in a forest not far from my house. Apparently there's a sequel and they're coming back to do it again.

A local TV show was filmed and it went past my front door.

Time Team have done a dig at a site a 5 minute drive from my house also.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    Yes, they filmed a couple of terrible drama series round here (in Nottingham) a few years ago - "Paradise Heights" and "A Thing Called Love". I used to fast-forward through the studio scenes and just watch the bits that were filmed on location, sometimes with the sound off.

Also Boon with Neil Morrisey and Michael Elphick, some of it was filmed on Hounds Gate in front of my office.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, loads. Emmerdale Farm (as was) is filmed in and around my town, Heartbeat also filmed regularly here and used the old court house for the police station, A Touch of Frost, The Chase (about the vets practise not the quiz show), that police show with Steven Tomkinson that I can't remember the name of, some TV show based on a kids' book starring Robert Pattinson when he was about 19 and a few more.