New <Freetime> Update

Comments

• fixermanfixerman Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Automan wrote: »
    Box still working and I see the 1Tb one is now down to £255.00 (I paid £269.00 a week ago).

Automan.

Request a refund of the difference!:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After saying all was well it did fail to stop recording after the "The Yangtze Incident" on Film4 and also recorded "Blithe Spirit" (Recording had not info when you pressed "I").

I also not in channels categories (List options) that it does not have one just for HD channels.

Unit also seems to have a problem deleting the last item in a series folder having to select delete again to delete it.

Automan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    After saying all was well it did fail to stop recording after the "The Yangtze Incident" on Film4 and also recorded "Blithe Spirit" (Recording had not info when you pressed "I").

I also not in channels categories (List options) that it does not have one just for HD channels.

Unit also seems to have a problem deleting the last item in a series folder having to select delete again to delete it.

Automan.

Hmmm. My Humax Foxsat HDR did an 8 hour recording a little while back. I'd set it to record one of the Studio Ghibli movies ... on Film4 ... and it failed to stop after it had finished.

Might it be that Film4 is occasionally failing to signal the end of a programme?
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    I had the same issue on Wednesday evening recording C4 24 hrs in A&E. The recording carried on and did the next two progs as well, 3hrs in total. I suspect this was due to EPG signalling error rather than a fault with the unit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got home today and my box would not come on again :(
    Only indication on the box front was "REC" on the display.

Pulled out the mains adapter lead and plugged it backing in.

Box said "Starting" then went to sleep.

Powered up and okay again but the last recording said "Ice Cold In Alex" Part Recorded 150/155 but it actually finished over 30 mins ago.

Perhaps the new accurate start data on the channel 4 family of channels does have a problem?

Automan.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Got home today and my box would not come on again :(

Automan.
    Did you format the HHD and do a Factory Default as I mentioned on the 20th?
    If not then I highly reccomend you doing so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Did you format the HHD and do a Factory Default as I mentioned on the 20th?
    If not then I highly reccomend you doing so.

I did the factory reset but must admit I did not go for a format as wanted to watch a couple of items.

I will do both this weekend.

Automan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just doing the format & factory reset now...

Automan.
    Forum Member
    Fingers crossed this fixes your problems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Machine still going but lists three recordings all at about the same time as failed.

Also, when I brought it out of standby today it came on okay but would not change channel.

Volume up/down worked as did the text button but nothing else.

Put it back in standby (that key also worked) and then pressed standby again and it was all okay - very odd!

Automan.
    Forum Member
    Machine still going but lists three recordings all at about the same time as failed.

Automan.
    If your still getting failed recordings then I'd consider taking it back to the retailer and get a replacement as something doesn't seem right.
    I'm on my 2nd box myself due to a faulty 1TB Hard Drive.
  • mbsnrmbsnr Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if the DNS issue of not allowing external IPs to be added to the unit is fixed? (I read it was an issue when 1st out). I want to try and use unotelly with the Humax and need to specify the DNS for it.

Thanks
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mbsnr wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if the DNS issue of not allowing external IPs to be added to the unit is fixed? (I read it was an issue when 1st out). I want to try and use unotelly with the Humax and need to specify the DNS for it.

Thanks

It is not fixed in 1.00.37. 1.00.40 has been spotted on new production - perhaps in that release.
  • mbsnrmbsnr Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    It is not fixed in 1.00.37. 1.00.40 has been spotted on new production - perhaps in that release.

Thanks. I'm still in two minds about getting this box to replace my Sky+ HD. The fact that you can't control the TV volume at all from the remote is fairly lame (unless you buy a replacement remote like the Harmony).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am probably going to regret saying this but since I unplugged my box from my BT Infinity Broadband on the 30th it has worked 100%

Automan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well my one had been better but today it has rebooted at least four times and it was not even recording, just playing back a recording which has already been made which plays okay after the reboot.

I guess it is time for a swap-out unless such reboots are common?

Automan.
    Forum Member
    Well my one had been better but today it has rebooted at least four times and it was not even recording, just playing back a recording which has already been made which plays okay after the reboot.

I guess it is time for a swap-out unless such reboots are common?

Automan.

I'm surprised you've hung on this long, go for the swap-out.
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    mbsnr wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm still in two minds about getting this box to replace my Sky+ HD. The fact that you can't control the TV volume at all from the remote is fairly lame (unless you buy a replacement remote like the Harmony).

I have the volume on my 1000s synced with the Freeview volume and volume on my other kit so rarely touch it from one week to the next so hardly an issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    is it just me or has all the channel logo's been changed and also now when delete from the recorded programmes once deleted jumps to first 1 in queue
    Forum Member
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    is it just me or has all the channel logo's been changed
    What exactly do mean by changed? They look the same to me. :confused:
    Forum Member
    well in the recorded programmes and the epg they just normal writing such as ITV+1, CH4HD, and not the fancy logos.....
    Forum Member
    well in the recorded programmes and the epg they just normal writing such as ITV+1, CH4HD, and not the fancy logos.....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/markdyer72/null_zps5a1c789a.jpg
    Forum Member
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/markdyer72/null_zps5a1c789a.jpg
    Ooh no, I think its just you as I've still got the fancy logos.
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Ooh no, I think its just you as I've still got the fancy logos.

ohh hmmmm wonder y that is ohh well i leave it for now and see what its like in mornin, if still same will make not my recording schedule and do a retune that may sort it, altho other than that its still working fine...
    Forum Member
    just done new channel search and the channel logos are still just plain boring text instead the fancy logos, maybe a factory reset is in order to check,

a factory reset wont delete my recording will it

factory reset didnt sort it...

and now i cant change 1080i back to 1080p hmmmmm