Anastacia diagnosed with Breast Cancer for the second time

2»

Comments

• gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Latest from her:

I'll B going quiet 4 a while,as I approach the intense part of my treatment. dont worry thx 4 all the support, stay tuned 4 an update.

Really hope she will be ok :(

yeah, so do i.:( she probably needs some time out to focus fully on her treatment, bless her.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am sure she'll beat it again. The woman is a fighter ... my best wishes to her.
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure she'll beat it again. The woman is a fighter ... my best wishes to her.

I wish her all the best. I hope I don`t cause offense, but I wish people wouldn`t use that kind of language when discussing someone going through cancer treatment. But the cancer charities encourage it, unfortunately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Such terrible news - I truly hope Anastacia makes a full recovery.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not looking good.:(
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Misty08 wrote: »
    I wish her all the best. I hope I don`t cause offense, but I wish people wouldn`t use that kind of language when discussing someone going through cancer treatment. But the cancer charities encourage it, unfortunately.

I so agree with this. The implication is almost unless you're 'fighting it', and 'bravely' - and seen to be doing so! - you're somehow not giving yourself the best shot at recovery. It just puts another pressure on a person at a time when they have more than enough to cope with, both physically and emotionally, to feel they have also some obligation to be brave and courageous in the way they deal with it.

PS. Jimmy, no disrespect to your post, just a bugbear of mine also.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Misty08 wrote: »

lexi22 wrote: »
    I so agree with this. The implication is almost unless you're 'fighting it', and 'bravely' - and seen to be doing so! - you're somehow not giving yourself the best shot at recovery. It just puts another pressure on a person at a time when they have more than enough to cope with, both physically and emotionally, to feel they have also some obligation to be brave and courageous in the way they deal with it.

PS. Jimmy, no disrespect to your post, just a bugbear of mine also.

No disrespect/offence taken at all. It never ever occurred to me that the words I used could be taken that way, otherwise I would never have used them. :o Certainly, I shall not use them in the future with regard to this subject.

Again, my best wishes to Anastacia.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How awful. I wish her lots of luck for a good recovery.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how Anastacia is getting on? I think she tweeted saying she's beginning treatment but have heard no more.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how Anastacia is getting on? I think she tweeted saying she's beginning treatment but have heard no more.

She's beaten it .. again .. brilliant news :)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a499896/anastacia-beats-breast-cancer-for-second-time.html
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so happy for her. Looks like her treatment was only a short course which suggests they caught it very early.
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    fantastic news :)
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent news :)

She must be so relieved!
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always very wary of those claiming to be have beaten cancer as a result of one all clear checkup

Those in the medical profession are well aware that the real 'all clear' is after 5 years

All the best to Anastacia and glad she's improving
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I'm always very wary of those claiming to be have beaten cancer as a result of one all clear checkup

Those in the medical profession are well aware that the real 'all clear' is after 5 years

All the best to Anastacia and glad she's improving

I hate to be pessimistic but I'm inclined to agree with bib.

However I hope Anastacia continues in recovery & I wish her the very best for the future.
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :):):):):):):):):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a strong won. Congratulations on winning your fight. Love you Anastacia.