Ryan Tedder reads this forum!

DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I also check out a lot of the music message boards to see what people are listening to, and if I have a song that’s out, I see if people hate or love it. There’s ATRL, Pulse Music Board and Digital Spy. And I go to Pitchfork. They are to music what The New York Times is to books.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/01/opinion/sunday/ryan-tedder.html

Let's all send him nice messages!

Ryan - you're amazing. Your diverse songwriting and producing ability is mindblowing, and you are a phenomenal singer. And Glassheart deserved to be Worldwide #1 song!

Comments

• RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little things like this make you feel really appreciated. Slightly different vein here but its like when an ex-housemate comes on to the BB forums, its nice to know our opinions matter.

I doubt he's the only artist tbh. It wouldn't even surprise if a few of them have digital spy alter egos :D
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Little things like this make you feel really appreciated. Slightly different vein here but its like when an ex-housemate comes on to the BB forums, its nice to know our opinions matter.

I doubt he's the only artist tbh. It wouldn't even surprise if a few of them have digital spy alter egos :D

What like some of the more dilusional stans are actually the artists could explain an awful lot :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    What like some of the more dilusional stans are actually the artists could explain an awful lot :D

Exactly.

Ok. I've got something to admit. I'm actually Madonna :$
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly.

Haha hey Madge sorry your last album was a mediocre mess that underperformed i mean what :p
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well i must say, Ryan you are an extremely talented and gorgeous guy.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of celebs read these forums believe it or not. But anyhow, hi Ryan! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Haha hey Madge sorry your last album was a mediocre mess that underperformed i mean what :p

MDNA was a labour of love! Just because my age is fastly approaching a 3 digit figure it doesn't mean I'm over! Leotards ftw!
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love youuu Ryan Tedder, your amazing :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MDNA was a labour of love! Just because my age is fastly approaching a 3 digit figure it doesn't mean I'm over! Leotards ftw!

Come on now we all know it was an attempt at keeping up the likes of Perry and stripping off like Rihanna is not befitting a woman of your stature we've seen yor bits before time to cover up :D
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan, next time you and Leona jump in the studio - Create the whole album together :p
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Exactly.

Cool. I've only recently started getting into your music :cool: Confessions on a Dancefloor has to be my favourite M album so far :p It's really good.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is he?
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is he?

One Republic frontman I think.....and if that is the case, sorry Rob, I don't like your music:o
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    One Republic frontman I think.....and if that is the case, sorry Rob, I don't like your music:o

I think he would be more offended by the fact I had never heard of him :D:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is he?
    Someone who writes safe, unoriginal, MOR songs for other pop artists. It's a shame he doesn't keep his boring songs for himself imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smudged wrote: »
    Someone who writes safe, unoriginal, MOR songs for other pop artists. It's a shame he doesn't keep his boring songs for himself imo.

What would you say is risky, original and not MOR? (Genuine question)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What would you say is risky, original and not MOR? (Genuine question)
    You want suggestions? Don't you know any yourself?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You want suggestions? Don't you know any yourself?

If I wanted my own opinion I wouldn't need to ask anyone for it... and since you have this strong opinion of Tedder I thought it would be interesting to see what you actually think is good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I wanted my own opinion I wouldn't need to ask anyone for it... and since you have this strong opinion of Tedder I thought it would be interesting to see what you actually think is good.
    Oh so you want to judge my taste in music and compare it to Tedder? Will your next step be to compare sales figures to try to prove which is better?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh so you want to judge my taste in music and compare it to Tedder? Will your next step be to compare sales figures to try to prove which is better?

Well now you're just making assumptions. If you have an issue then don't answer the question, but refrain from automatically putting me with the people who are sales-obsessed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well now you're just making assumptions. If you have an issue then don't answer the question, but refrain from automatically putting me with the people who are sales-obsessed.
    I could give you 100 artists, I'm just confused as to why you would want me to. Do you think Tedder is someone special who needs defending?
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »

Still no idea who he is.......... is One Republic a One Direction tribute band?
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Still no idea who he is.......... is One Republic a One Direction tribute band?

You've really never heard of Apologize? One of the biggest hits of the previous decade? lol
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    You've really never heard of Apologize? One of the biggest hits of the previous decade? lol

I think it happens with a lot more with singers/songs that we think: just because you know a song from the radio doesn't mean that you know who sings it, nor its title.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a hand full of songs that he's got a writing/producing credit on

Adele - Turning tables
    Beyonce - Halo
    Beyonce - I was here
    Demi Lovato - Neon lights
    Ellie Goulding - Burn
    James Blunt - Stay the night
    James Morrison - Please don't stop the rain
    Jenifer Hudson - I remember me