Vita at argos

3PS3PS Posts: 822
Forum Member
✭✭
Looking at vita to buy at argos and the price of the 3g one is on offer cheaper then the wifi. Also you can get little big planet 2 4gb memory card and the 3g/wifi for 199.99, where the wifi one is priced at 219.19 on that offer. Do you think they are trying to shift more 3g ones as that offer stands till July.

Comments

• fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sony are currently on a drive to shift the 3G model all over the world. There is speculation that they are clearing stocks of the 3G model as it is being dropped.

Not that it should stop you buying a 3G version if you consider it's good price. You would be at no disadvantage in owning one, as it does everything the WiFi version does.
  • General LunacyGeneral Lunacy Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I right in assuming there would be no difference in battery consumption between the two?
  • General LunacyGeneral Lunacy Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was probably a silly question wasn't it :o
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was probably a silly question wasn't it :o

Not at all, I would expect the 3G version to be a little more hungry, but have no evidence to back this up whatsoever.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all, I would expect the 3G version to be a little more hungry, but have no evidence to back this up whatsoever.

I agree. There are many factors which can have an impact on it's battery life, such as Wifi, screen brightness or the type of game being played, making 3G a minor consideration. I imagine you can turn it off if you want to, as you can the WiFi.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    You should also budget for getting a second memory card as 4GB will fill up very quickly as there are some very good games on the PSN, plus I don't know if Little Big Planet is a download code or a cartridge game.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I was going to say about the memory card too. The 4Gb holds only 1 or 2 full games. As it comes with the deal, and most deals everywhere, it will do, but certainly think about getting yourself the biggest one. Thats £60 I think, unless anyone is currently doing a deal but I haven't found one. Keep that in mind regardless of which model you buy.