Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that happened it could get her a top 10 hit! :)

Wonder what she might perform?

Although I don't know when she could fit it in.
  • RayofLightRayofLight Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because there are rumours of her releasing Masterpiece properly I imagine she'd perform that... she could perform on any of these dates:

20th May
    27th May (Not likely so close to premiere)
    3rd June
    10th June (Likely as it's in between Istanbul and Rome, and she was happy to fly out to Rome halfway through her CT London dates in 2006, and then back again).
    but dont worry theres always another suitcase in another hall lol

If she performed that on tour I'd die of shock (in a good way, if that's possible)... :D
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder what she might perform?

Although I don't know when she could fit it in.

She could pre-record a performance any time and all they need do is show it as live. Many artists do this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmmm, I'd rather she performed LIVE there in the venue though at the time. And for gods sake, sing live too :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RayofLight wrote: »
    Hmmmm, I'd rather she performed LIVE there in the venue though at the time. And for gods sake, sing live too :p

She wouldn't sing live. She didn't when she performed Hung Up on Children in Need. It would be an achievement to even get her to do a performance, it would be a miracle if they got her to do it when they said she had to! If she performs, it will be pre-recorded. Weekends are her sanctuary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FFmzFDLIxQ < She DID sing live on Children In Need... She even got the phone number at the end completely wrong lmao. There was no way she pre-recorded that performance, whether it was the vocals or the timing.

My god, a hung up performance before she started singing it really deep... LOL.

This is what Hung Up sounds like when she's miming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBOHK2lMPRQ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FFmzFDLIxQ < She DID sing live on Children In Need... She even got the phone number at the end completely wrong lmao. There was no way she pre-recorded that performance, whether it was the vocals or the timing.

My god, a hung up performance before she started singing it really deep... LOL.

This is what Hung Up sounds like when she's miming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBOHK2lMPRQ

I just watched that Youtube clip and yes, you're right. She did sing Hung Up live. It was Get Together that she performed later on that was pre-recorded.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was definitely a live vocal. When she didn't want to sing Hung Up live, she just mimed to the album version, she did this across Europe and Asia. Her vocals on this song depended a lot on the choreo, here she hasn't got any so she's concentrating on singing in a higher, far more nasal voice.

Parkinson is suspicious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Whoj3b2ECA If you look at 3.23 she misses her cue. some people say it's an editing gaff, who were there for the filming. I don't know.

As far as I can gather, Get Together was live on Children In Need aswell...
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smoked too many cigarettes today, I'm not happy
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    WOAH! I really want her to perform, that would be fantastic :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah i remember being a kid and watching that Lottery Frozen performance...i remember being so freaked out by it in a good way! And yeah....damn if were older to have heard all about it....and yes i do remember something about getting into "a new groove" kinda stuff...so hella cool!

And those Parkinson performances....i am honoured to have reeally experienced all these Confessions era performances first hand too tbh.

As for The Voice if true which i hope so it would be a spectacle! and what a feat for the Beeb! I mean MADONNA being a massive ratings boost for Norton and now for The Voice...to perform Masterpiece live would be fantastic and help that single release (possible remix etc) airplay and maybe a top 10...most importantly MDNA resurgence for the summer :cool: Which would be beyond cool! But would love for her to perhaps inject Im Addicted or something in there too for MDNA to really show off.

I know it may be before and so close to her tour starting now but they can really work a lot of energy into it and show elements of the tour in that televised performance!

Eff y-o-u Cowell ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved ehr performance of get together on Parkinson too! and remember i think it was the Saturday after or something went into town into Woolies and bought COADF!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5uNcrQnXdY

Brilliant!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FB 4 hours ago

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/405059_10150853706179402_10584534401_12001657_421250274_n.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! cannot wait to see what styles and looks this pair have cooked up!! :O
  • McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching the live facebook chat (can't believe I haven't watched it yet)...how WELL did she come across!? The more intimate type of interviews and surrounding bring out the best in her. I loved it!
  • cloudycloudy Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because there are rumours of her releasing Masterpiece properly I imagine she'd perform that... she could perform on any of these dates:

20th May
    27th May (Not likely so close to premiere)
    3rd June
    10th June (Likely as it's in between Istanbul and Rome, and she was happy to fly out to Rome halfway through her CT London dates in 2006, and then back again).

If she performed that on tour I'd die of shock (in a good way, if that's possible)... :D

I don't think this will happen but universal music is behind the voice interscope records are part of the universal family and the girl gone wild release was due on 23rd April this has been delayed till 14th may which ties in with your first date. Makes you wonder, are madonnas team finally waking up to the mess that is MDNA promo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching the live facebook chat (can't believe I haven't watched it yet)...how WELL did she come across!? The more intimate type of interviews and surrounding bring out the best in her. I loved it!

Yeah i really loved that interview...makes me gutted she didnt do more at that stage too tbh. i mean i love her as a personality as well as i do musician/artist/genius/warrior tbh :cool:

ANd loads of people dont see it because shows are always edited for her...i always think there is an agenda tbh....no wonder Britney scripts her interviews tbh.

But i love how fun she can be. It was a great interview, wish it were longer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cloudy wrote: »
    I don't think this will happen but universal music is behind the voice interscope records are part of the universal family and the girl gone wild release was due on 23rd April this has been delayed till 14th may which ties in with your first date. Makes you wonder, are madonnas team finally waking up to the mess that is MDNA promo.

WOAH :eek: mindfreaked here....i think you are hot on it cloudy! And i hope so too...NEED M on ma telleh!!! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And just when i see the new Prometheus Trailer i cannot get any more excited check this mother out!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/389318_409843105706616_306553579368903_1378112_1932999334_n.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh all this rumours and speculation....turns out now it is a staging for another artist completely :( aaah!!!!

I think this is what overexcitement dos to ya when you see Prometheus trailer and then log into FB and have fansites circulating tour images "presuming" it is M and then the sites say its not...AAAAH! lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing Falling Free and looking out at the night sky.

Absolute goosepimples....i will definitely say Falling Free is one of my most favourite songs, that fall for freedom, escaping and truly letting go.

It is as on other forums some have said, like an angel falling from the sky to claim a love only found on earth. It is a theme I feel Madonna ahs dealt a lot loosely before on albums....specifically Isacc was going to be called "Letting go" or something like that....that idea of a massive escape.

Absolutely beautiful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After listening to MDNA alot today ive come up with alot of the tracks should have videos imo!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After listening to MDNA alot today ive come up with alot of the tracks should have videos imo!

Always when i hear a Madonna album i paint images in my mind what the song paints....i always do that...in fact i do that a lot with my favouritest favourite artists as they get my mind racing....you lose yourself in it.

And yeah MDNA sounds like the visuals it paints. It really does landmark that which i feel is a true strength....all these visuals in my mind i hope they take snippets of into live shows and videos for releases definitely.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm loving the Tour logo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving the Tour logo.

It reminds me of Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty!

Very striking and regal and powerful indeed....it really does symbolise so much in fine detail.
This discussion has been closed.