A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    What's it about? :p Maybe we could write a story together about our Hudson heroes. Got any good plot ideas? :D
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was just about the history of psychology and how it became a separate discipline from philosophy not easy in 1,000 words :p

And it could be Hudson Heroes the uni days :D
    Forum Member
    Sounds like something the fairy one would set! :p Well that sounds kinda cool but what would they study at university? Could you imagine them doing Law? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was a bit well dull and difficult trying to condense it all :D And Media maybe :p
    Forum Member
    I know the feeling :p I'm the same when writing essays. I don't know if they do Media degrees in the US. I might have to look at a few American colleges and see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's something I enjoy I'm fine. it's those ones you can't quite grasp and end up hating :p Haha failing Media English Language/Literature :p
    Forum Member
    I know the ones :p When I was doing business I had a lot of awful essays. Haha that sounds good :D Can you imagine 'em as students?
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,973
    Forum Member
    Morning

Off to radio :) gonna listen to rihanna's Loud album. I haven't listened to it in full for ages!

I'll be back on later.

:) hope you're all well
    Forum Member
    Morning!
    Forum Member
    Afternoon. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all :)
    Forum Member
    How are you all?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good thanks just listening to this weeks #1 album Halcyon (am still extremely happy like a proud parent :D). How's you Mimi?
    Forum Member
    Ive just seen news on the DS Music page that Kasabian are releasing their new album this year. I have all of their other albums so it's very likely that I'll be adding this to my collection as well! I saw them live in 2012 at Brixton, amazing gig. I was right at the front.
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Good thanks just listening to this weeks #1 album Halcyon (am still extremely happy like a proud parent :D). How's you Mimi?

Good for Ellie! I take it this is the re-release?

I'm good thanks, Hav :) I'm using mum's ipad at the minute whilst waiting for my laptop to charge. Feels like it's taking forever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think loads of great artist are going to release this year :)

And both are combined :)

And I always just put mine on charge when I use it :p
    Forum Member
    I think loads of great artist are going to release this year :)

And both are combined :)

And I always just put mine on charge when I use it :p

I'm hoping for The Pretty Reckless to release their album this year. They have to really, they've pushed the date back at least two times. They also announced a release date so that they could sell tour tickets in the US and then cancelled the album release which I thought was really bad because it was clearly orchestrated.

I used to use my old laptop plugged in but it completely ruins the battery and it used to get so hot. It got to a point where it wouldn't work unless it was plugged in. It had absolutely no battery if it was unplugged.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the Pretty Reckless their debut seems like eons ago am surprised they haven't followed up.

And thanks for the heads up mimi will take that into account :eek:
    Forum Member
    I loved the Pretty Reckless their debut seems like eons ago am surprised they haven't followed up.

And thanks for the heads up mimi will take that into account :eek:

I love their debut too. They did release an EP a few years ago called Hit Me Like A Man which had the following songs on it:

Hit Me Like A Man
    Under The Water
    Cold-Blooded

and two live versions of songs from their debut album.

They've also released since then the following:

Going To Hell
    Heaven Knows
    Follow Me Down
    Kill Me - This one was released in 2012 so that's almost a two year gap (assuming that they plan to release in April this year as rumoured) between this song and the album.
    Burn

All of the above are taken from the as-yet unreleased new album titled "Going To Hell". I can't wait to add it to my collection. I think that that is a lot of songs to be releasing without a set-in-stone album release date though.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is music so brilliant? :D
    Forum Member
    Why is music so brilliant? :D

Evening, Truth! :)

I certainly couldn't live a happy life without music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Evening, Truth! :)

I certainly couldn't live a happy life without music.

Same here. If I were given a choice between giving up football or music, it would be bye bye music.

Even a choice between sex and music, bye bye sex :o
    Forum Member
    Evening! Wifi in hotel isn't working at the moment so I'm posting from my phone. It's ridiculous! I just want to watch Youtube and I can't because it costs a lot on my phone :(
    Forum Member
    The wifi in my hotel is finally working! :D I was in an Apple reseller today (yes they have them in Germany!) and they were selling copies of Windows 8. I think it's funny that an Apple reseller would sell Windows :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Windows 8 too :eek: Who in their right mind would buy that not preinstalled on a computer? :p
    Forum Member
    I do have to wonder. The store probably sells it for the purpose of installing on Macs, but why on earth would you want to install Windows 8 on a Mac? :o I've no problem with installing Windows 7 on one though. I run W7 on my Mac for games after all :D