Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Total Recall Director's Cut 2012 8/10 - This long version definitely flows better as it explains a number of things that the released version doesn't. The end is also different which is good. The down side however is that by the end of the film, you are wanting it to just end as it is a bit too long.

Overall, I prefer the director's cut to the released version though.

Shawn of the Dead 10/10 - Rewatched this classic for the upteenth time and it is still brilliant! Although this was the first time that it struck me how young Simon Pegg looks in it :eek::o:p
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    She-Monkeys (Apflickorna)
    Swedish coming of age tale between two competing equestrian teenage girl athletes. Really enjoyed it, the ending was a bit weak, but great debut from a new director, one to watch. 7/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Mother's Day

yeah it was good :p
  • bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hobbit - Very much in the same style as the LOTR, had the same slowish start as well but picked up throughout the film. The poorest part was the attempt to make the king of the underground people funny, i dont think that was in The Hobbit ( its been many years since i have read it) but i did remember the Gollum/Bilbo riddle sequence was in The Hobbit and that was the best bit of the film. Overall not too bad and i will watch the sequel 7.5/10

The Amazing Spiderman - I thought the lead did a good job, but the girlfriend looked way to old to be in school - and the fact she was a complete plank didnt help the film for me. I made it through the whole film though which is something i didnt manage for Avengers Capt America and TDKR ( fell asleep half way through that one). 4/10
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    The Impossible - 10/10 - thought it was a very moving film, very emotional & very well acted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week i've watched:

The first three Twilight films and I'm ashamed to say I liked them. ;) Star Trek (the newest one), On The Town (love Gene Kelly), Beverly Hills Chiuaua, the first tow Harry Potter films, The Worst Witch and right now I'm watching Constantine. I'm sure there are more I've forgotten about as I taped loads over Xmas!
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the Hobbit in 3 D Boxing Day and thought it was really good after a slow start. The best bit was when Bilbo met up with Gollum. I enjoyed the LOTR trilogy and the Hobbit one looks like being good too.

Martin Freeman was perfect as Bilbo. Long live Middle Earth!
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Devil - 7/10

Not bad, considering it's 5 people stuck in a lift....
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingbong wrote: »
    The Amazing Spiderman - I thought the lead did a good job, but the girlfriend looked way to old to be in school - and the fact she was a complete plank didnt help the film for me. I made it through the whole film though which is something i didnt manage for Avengers Capt America and TDKR ( fell asleep half way through that one). 4/10

I loved the film, but I did find it funny that it was Emma Stone (Gwen) that I thought looked to old to be playing a seventeen year old when Spiderman himself is nearly 30 and she's five years younger than him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot that I also watched Submarine today! :eek: How could I? It was the best one!
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    The Young Victoria - 8/10 - lovely film although historically inacurate in some places, thought the cast was very good
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Woman In Black
    6/10
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wicker Man 2006. Good film. The lead characters are nothing but a bunch of deceptive and cruel and murderous pigs!
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crocodile (Ag-o) (1996) 7.5/10
    The Paperboy (2012) 5/10
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Total Recall (2012): 7/10.

First off...the question we all want to know. Yes there is a woman with certain biological "extras" in this version as well :D

Overall its a typical popcorn movie with little to tax the mind but I was entertained throughout. It lacks any wit or warmth and you dont really find yourself careing about the main characters but I suspect the directors doesnt really care. This is balls to the walls action and it does it well. Having said that Kate Beckinsale does very well to build on and surpass the performance of Sharon Stone from the original. Kate really does "give good wife", I think I now have a crush on Kate :o

The film looks good and the action is fast and furious but manages, for the most part, to avoid cluttering the screen. Overall, its a popcorn movie with little tact of subtlety, but it knows it, and doesnt care.
  • Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    Pitch Perfect - 8/10
    Great acting (Rebel Wilson!), great music, great dancing. A thoroughly enjoyable movie :)
  • NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Appaloosa - 7/10
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Fly - 6/10 - was quite surprised to see it was billed as a horror movie, as I'd not even considered it as one when it was first released. I suppose the less pleasant scenes at the end would have qualified it for that.

Still, good to see it again.
  • pjayem1964pjayem1964 Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    On Pictures

Jack Reacher - 8.5/10

Netflix

Fever Pitch (1997) - 9/10
    The Artist - 9/10
  • LMLM Posts: 63,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Paperboy - 8/10
    Fantastic film. Nicole Kidman steals the show. Give this woman a fourth a oscar nod. Zac Efron gives a surprisingly good performance and is a million miles away from the High school musical films. Macy Gray is a delight and John Cuzack is haunting as a deranged convicted killer.

Really really good film. The best film i have seen this year so far.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Black Death (2010)

Worth a watch. Atmospheric and generally nicely shot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    The Wedding Video. Loved it :D
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    Air Force One - 6/10

If it wasn't for Gary Oldman & Glenn Close chewing scenery it wouldn't be worth it.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitchcock - 3/10
    There was something about it i didn't like. The pace, the acting (minus Anthony hopkins) wasn't good and it just didn't gel for me. They cast all the wrong actors in the parts. Much prefer The Girl that was on last year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - 6.5/10 exactly the feel-good, easy watching, people finding themselves plod I was expecting. Several national treasures going thru the motions.

Underworld: Awakening - 6.5/10 Someone swapped the scripts with Ressie Evil I think. It didn't hold my interest once I'd conviced myself the giant werewolf wasn't the fella from Coldplay.
This discussion has been closed.