The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that worries me is a lot of the other people have done Reality TV and I don't want Alex to even consider it!
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Rob200696 wrote: »
    The only thing that worries me is a lot of the other people have done Reality TV and I don't want Alex to even consider it!

She isn't stupid, she will NOT do that... though if worse comes to the worse, a singing kind of reality tv show would be good to re-connect the public and re-show her vocal ability but ye.. i do NOT want any reality tv.

though N-Dubz manager did get them a reality programme, a programme could work well for alex because that is what she is lacking ATM regarding the UK, she isn't connecting with the public what so ever... and the negativity surrounding her just keeps increasing.

Though lately, i do feel her public rep is getting a lil' better.. all in good time as they say.

If she has got the man who managed N-Dubz, then the outcome should be quite good... he is dedicated and knows what he is doing. Anything is progression from that bloody nip gal char grant...

And ye, I PRAY we get a US launch this year and I'm sure her management would be different regarding a US launch anyway, she'd need someone who knows the US well etc. But i'm sure they'll sort that closer to the time IF it happens.

Alex just needs good material, be able to re-connect with the general public which shows like From The Heart will do, she deffo needs to get on more shows like that while she's off the scene and like other people mentioned, a few collabarations wouldn't go a miss.. she needs to keep her name relevant.
  • lovealexburkelovealexburke Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    i think if she gets a judging role on the x factor she would be amazing and i think it will give her an opportunity to promote her new singles and album launch keeps her on the spot the light. look at olly murs his first album did not do as well as his 2 others and that is becoz of x-tra factor which has kept him on the spot light. besides that means i get to see alex every weekend on telly why not
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noooo! I do not want her there! I want her to be a credible artist now!! I want her in the US that is all! No UK, not silly cheesy XF job...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol who said David was on Alex's payroll?? Was it me? :confused: :yawn:
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    i think if she gets a judging role on the x factor she would be amazing and i think it will give her an opportunity to promote her new singles and album launch keeps her on the spot the light. look at olly murs his first album did not do as well as his 2 others and that is becoz of x-tra factor which has kept him on the spot light. besides that means i get to see alex every weekend on telly why not

Nicole is on there and her single is set to bomb. Alex struggled with airplay off a high era. Publicity isn't her problem. People know her. Mention her name, eyes might roll, they might cuss, but they know her.
    Forum Member

MissOrin I think lmao
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    Nicole is on there and her single is set to bomb. Alex struggled with airplay off a high era. Publicity isn't her problem. People know her. Mention her name, eyes might roll, they might cuss, but they know her.

think it would have been a different story if nicole promoted boomerang through the x factor though!

alex is a strong performer so x factor would do her well but not sure if i think it's the right place or right thing to do ATM
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »

I wouldn't count her out yet she's doing Let's Dance For Comic Relief and has plenty of other promo lined up...hopefully it'll give her a push. Think it'll chart in the top 10 but I was hoping for a #1 :cry:

I don't understand the radio snub at all...:rolleyes:
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member

Weren't you talking about his car insurance? :p
    But yeah MrsOrsin was talking about a pay roll

Now that we know David's reading this: HI!
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think that MrsOAP or whatever her name is, is really a fan anyway tbh. I've seen her drag AB and her fans in the main forum before. I'm not into undercover, pretend people tbh. :sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

haha yeah sshhh!:o:p
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I don't think that MrsOAP or whatever her name is, is really a fan anyway tbh. I've seen her drag AB and her fans in the main forum before. I'm not into undercover, pretend people tbh. :sleep:

O my you're right! On time she acts like a fan, next time it's more hating, like when HOH flopped

What do they call that again? Flipflop or something?

Oh and I saw her dragging you too after going through her most recent posts, about Emeli Sandé :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »

I like Alex's singing, however I dislike how sloppy she has managed things. I also like all black artists to do well in the public eye. However I do dislike you. I dislike the way you are towards other female artists doing better than she is and I also dislike how some of you behave on twitter with the rudeness. Maybe some of the fans and they way they act at times contribute to the hate she gets.

Though the dramatics that occur on here ever other day does make me :D

Always sad that the black females artists always end up with hoodish fraction of their fanbase, it's off putting and the negative connotations that are still attached to black people are highlighted because of this.

Sometimes you need to learn to keep your mouth shut Zack:)
    Forum Member
    MrsOrin wrote: »
    I like Alex's singing, however I dislike how sloppy she has managed things. I also like all black artists to do well in the public eye. However I do dislike you. I dislike the way you are towards other female artists doing better than she is and I also dislike how some of you behave on twitter with the rudeness. Maybe some of the fans and they way they act at times contribute to the hate she gets.

Always sad that the black females artists always end up with hoodish fraction of their fanbase, it's off putting and the negative connotations that are still attached to black people are highlighted because of this.

Excuse me?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the Westend could work for Ms Burke
    Alexandra snubs Cowell
    After leaving the management team who’ve looked after her since her X Factor win, Alexandra Burke (left) is planning an acting career.
    The 24-year-old, who triumphed on the 2008 series of the ITV talent show, has started intensive acting lessons and is in talks about two leading West End roles.
    ‘I’m taking a different direction,’ she tells me. ‘In the past there were TV and movie offers, but I wasn’t ready to look at them as I wasn’t confident enough.’

Alexandra’s new career path is being plotted by top agent Jonathan Shalit. I’m told she was offered the lead role in the upcoming X Factor musical by Simon Cowell, but she turned it down.
    One of her team explains: ‘Alex wants to be viewed as a serious actress. The X Factor musical will no doubt be a big hit, but it would be too obvious a move for her
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2282528/Is-Julian-Fellowes-set-leave-Downton-Abbey.html#ixzz2LdNOvPIc
    Forum Member

I find this really offensive. We've done no such thing apart from speak out about our worries regarding Alex's career and just because other fans are refusing to speak up and ask doesn't mean we won't. So I don't really how that's hoodish...:rolleyes:

It's a shame because I actually agreed with most of what you said in the post about Alex and what she needs to do/ have done....:sleep:
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In two minds about this plot for her future

I know West-End could be good for her, however... WE NEED MUSIC. US plans are definitely on hold here. Album I don't know when, all p*ssing me off man. Where's the news FFS
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I knew it was only a matter of time before you started spewing your racist rubbish again. That's why I had to call you out, you obviously don't know much about her career if you think all this was down to her.

The only "hoodish" person around here is you. Who posts in an appreciation thread for an artist they clearly don't care much for as well as hating her fans? Who does that? Honestly I couldn't care what you think about me or my posts, I've heard worse and it's not going to change what I say tbh, so deal with it or ignore it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if she's going to do west end I am no longer supporting, sorry alex. I don't put West End music on my ipod and I don't go to watch them either so... it's not for me. She is a singer... she has a voice... she is not a ****ing actress.. god knows what she's doing with herself. Oh dearrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Forum Member
    if she's going to do west end I am no longer supporting, sorry alex. I don't put West End music on my ipod and I don't go to watch them either so... it's not for me. She is a singer... she has a voice... she is not a ****ing actress.. god knows what she's doing with herself. Oh dearrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Neither do I, I just want Alex to say something so we don't get our hopes up too much to be completely honest.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5y5s4hPI21qjehm8.gif
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she'd got a lead role in a hollywood film, i would love it but West End.. LOOOOL I just couldn't continue to support her if she did that.. How embarrassing.
    Forum Member
    If she'd got a lead role in a hollywood film, i would love it but West End.. LOOOOL I just couldn't continue to support her if she did that.. How embarrassing.

I can't see this happening. I don't even know anymore....:cry:

Alex's silence on this matter is too much
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    West End? AB what are you doing....that's one step away from appearing on another reality show, no no no, she needs to reverse her car back out of that flop driveway she's in right now and get back onto the fast lane.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/4ba55ee7b39b5e09f4a3f46383b0aeb8/tumblr_mhco2gvD7H1qzhudao1_400.gif
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is wrong with her?? She won't ever be seen as a serious actress.. she's a singer who won a talent show and then flopped and had everyone mock her and hate her so had to resort to West End... I just don't get it. I don't get her... completely shocked by this... I thought she was a singer. FOCUS ON YOUR MUSIC CAREER which is close to non existence.

Is she going to change her twitter username to @alexandraacting
    @alexandrawestend
    @alexandrafilm
    @alexandraactress

more like @alexandraflop

I hate getting stressed out with her but when these articles keep popping up online about releasing a gospel album, then eyeing up west end roles... what next.. she's becoming a nun?
This discussion has been closed.