Are Chris & Rihanna the new Amy & Blake??

boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
Forum Member
✭✭
I don't mean in terms of drug abuse, just that they are a controversial couple. I can see that they won't be good for each other...

What do Rihanna fans think of their reunion?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Bobby and Whitney given the drug use and domestic abuse where she keeps going back out of some misguided sense of love.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say Bobby and Whitney given the drug use and domestic abuse where she keeps going back out of some misguided sense of love.

Yes, that pairing leapt into my mind too.

This all looks so tragically familiar. Does anyone else feel the same?
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Whitney was talented and quite likeable despite everything....the opposite of Rihanna.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    Whitney was talented and quite likeable despite everything....the opposite of Rihanna.

Quite! Rihanna keeps going down in my estimation. They're both toxic for each other. They probably think that they need each other as they keep getting criticised but Rihanna would get so much more respect for leaving him!
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »

Yup. As was Amy. Rihanna is just dumb and talentless.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Yes, that pairing leapt into my mind too.

This all looks so tragically familiar. Does anyone else feel the same?

I can't say I think it feels tragic. He assaulted her once. Whether you like them together or not, they seem quite happy now. It's not like he's abused her multiple times. If it happened again, and then again, and then again, it would be different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More like Sid and Nancy. Both as talentless as each other.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I can't say I think it feels tragic. He assaulted her once. Whether you like them together or not, they seem quite happy now. It's not like he's abused her multiple times. If it happened again, and then again, and then again, it would be different.
    It's only one time that we know of and it's more than likely not the only time. Abusers tend to escalate in their behaviour and start small, building up over time. They don't tend to lash out of the blue and do as much damage as Chris did that time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only one time that we know of and it's more than likely not the only time. Abusers tend to escalate in their behaviour and start small, building up over time. They don't tend to lash out of the blue and do as much damage as Chris did that time.

Absolutely.

& he can't seem to go to the loo without getting involved in some brawl or 'incident'. He's a grade A douche and Rihanna is a grade A douche for giving him the time of day. He's done it before and IMHO will do it again.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ike and Tina.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not going to sit here and accuse him of hitting her on other occasions when there is no proof he has. He may well have done, but he may also have only done it the once.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to sit here and accuse him of hitting her on other occasions when there is no proof he has. He may well have done, but he may also have only done it the once.

Isn't once enough? He pummeled her.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I do not feel these 2 are good for each other, whether the domestic abuse was a single occasion or not.

Its just my gut instinct.
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Ike and Tina.
    As much a monster Ike was he taught Tina how to sing and perform, would say Rhianna & Chris are Whitney & Bobby because while she lacks in talent she achieved her fame well before Chris came on the scene.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Its their life's. Let them do what they want.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Once is one time too many.
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    I agree, but as much as they play the "it's nobody's business" card they're making it people's business by flaunting their 'romance'. Then when things don't go their way no doubt they'll want privacy.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You may not find the situation tragic but I do. There is no proof that he didn't assault her more than once but he has shown himself to be the type of person to react aggressively when he doesn't get his own way. There have been numerous instances of him acting like a douchebag and that's with the camera rolling.

Even after the incident with Rhianna and he was on damage control, he never acted contrite. He always seemed sorry for being in trouble, rather than being sorry for the trouble he caused.

You are right in saying that without proof, we don't know what his character is but my gut tells me that he is a spineless little fraction of a man who cares only about himself. Maybe he has reformed and will never do it again but only time will tell.

I do think that after everything that has happened, his minders will be keeping a closer eye on him and that's not a bad thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "IF" (imo it`s more like when) he does it again she`s end up alone cause the next time i feel the public & their sympathy will not be with her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't once enough? He pummeled her.
    Once is one time too many.

I didn't say it wasn't.
    You may not find the situation tragic but I do. There is no proof that he didn't assault her more than once but he has shown himself to be the type of person to react aggressively when he doesn't get his own way. There have been numerous instances of him acting like a douchebag and that's with the camera rolling.

Even after the incident with Rhianna and he was on damage control, he never acted contrite. He always seemed sorry for being in trouble, rather than being sorry for the trouble he caused.

You are right in saying that without proof, we don't know what his character is but my gut tells me that he is a spineless little fraction of a man who cares only about himself. Maybe he has reformed and will never do it again but only time will tell.

I do think that after everything that has happened, his minders will be keeping a closer eye on him and that's not a bad thing.

The OP asked if people thought it was tragic, I said I didn't. I didn't say you couldn't think it was.

People make mistakes. It was a terrible mistake, but it's their relationship, their lives to lead. If she is happy to give him another chance, then so be it. Speaking from personal experience (I have a cousin who's husband hit her once) it is possible to move on from something like this, for the person to get help and for the couple to live a happy life together with nothing else happening. Will this be the case for Rihanna and Chris? I have no idea.
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna annoys me full stop, tweeting half naked pictures of her smoking iffy cigs, I don't want my daughter seeing that and thinking that is OK or cool. She takes the money of young fans, she needs to accept that she is going to influence their behaviour in some way (I don't want to use the word role model. I don't want to teach my child that a singer should ever be a role model).

Rihanna isn't the only culprit but she's certainly a repeat offender.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This. Shes made her decision. There are other vulnerable women with far less support support systems around them that deserve our sympathies. Moving on.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    ah, he really does have a lovely way with words:rolleyes:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2290728/Chris-Brown-delivers-crude-rant-nightclub-urging-men-tell-girlfriends-Thats-p--y.html

that girls is why Rhianna thinks he's a keeper:)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »
    I don't mean in terms of drug abuse, just that they are a controversial couple. I can see that they won't be good for each other...

What do Rihanna fans think of their reunion?

No. Not the new Amy & Blake or the new Whitney & Bobby or the new Tina & Ike. Those women could sing.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    ah, he really does have a lovely way with words:rolleyes:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2290728/Chris-Brown-delivers-crude-rant-nightclub-urging-men-tell-girlfriends-Thats-p--y.html

that girls is why Rhianna thinks he's a keeper:)

Not that the whole rant isn't appallingly aggressive and misogynistic, but the part where he says "don't make me have to tell you again..." doesn't bode well for his "changed man" claims.