The Ratings Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    :eek:

Ouch. That looks really low.

Soon that argument that gets wheeled out in here every time one of ITV's juggernauts of yesteryear underperforms along the lines of "nothing else would rate as well in those slots" will not look credible with regard to DOI, as really ITV should have little problem clearing 5m in Sunday primetime.

ITV struggles to hit 5m for anything new these days.

They will have to keep trotting out DOI, BGT, TXF all long past their sell by dates because there is absolutely nothing else
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    ITV struggles to hit 5m for anything new these days.

They will have to keep trotting out DOI, BGT, TXF all long past their sell by dates because there is absolutely nothing else
    If Splash can manage 5m for them (still puzzled by this one, even with the non-existent competition) then pretty much anything can. Celebrity Paint Drying would presumably be up there.

DOI looks particularly tired now if you ask me.
    Forum Member
    By the way, what happened to MOTD2 yesterday? I'd have thought United perhaps putting the title race to bed might have done a little better than that. Beaten by a repeat of Die Hard! :confused:
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,567
    Forum Member

Soon that argument that gets wheeled out in here every time one of ITV's juggernauts of yesteryear underperforms along the lines of "nothing else would rate as well in those slots" will not look credible with regard to DOI, as really ITV should have little problem clearing 5m in Sunday primetime.

with what though, they've only bothered to show DoI or Wild at Heart for the best part of a decade

Any new show is gonna need time to bed in, maybe Great Night Out could work then (not sure if it would have to tweak some language for 8pm start).
    Forum Member
    By the way, what happened to MOTD2 yesterday? I'd have thought United perhaps putting the title race to bed might have done a little better than that. Beaten by a repeat of Die Hard! :confused:

they moved it back to BBC2 and the Bafta's hit the figures somewhat

I don't think the rating is that bad for BBC2, also maybe people are bored with Man United seemingly running away with it (I know I am)
    Forum Member
    they moved it back to BBC2 and the Bafta's hit the figures somewhat

I don't think the rating is that bad for BBC2, also maybe people are bored with Man United seemingly running away with it (I know I am)
    It's quite a bad number IMO. Both of the games featured had potentially massive implications for either end of the table. I'm puzzled as to why this would be a turnoff for any football fan, or why they'd choose a film awards show or film repeat instead.
    Forum Member
    It's quite a bad number IMO. Both of the games featured had potentially massive implications for either end of the table. I'm puzzled as to why this would be a turnoff for any football fan, or why they'd choose a film awards show or film repeat instead.

Not that I saw it, but the Aston Villa v West Ham was said to be very boring in the first half

Whilst the Man United was semi interesting (from what I heard on the radio), I don't think it was as gripping a match as the corresponding fixture last year

I genuinely think that seeing Man United stretch to a 12 point lead isn't that interesting.

Plus John McClane rocks :p
  • ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Channel 5 should pick up Love/Hate.

Not a bad rating for Nanny Mc Phee. ITV should air more films there. Do they have the Dark Knight? RTE run films in that slot every week; Garfield 2 yesterday and Toy Story 3 next week.

I presume Shetland is replacing Ripper St.(which won 2 IFTAs last night) as I saw it on the Media Centre. If they run The Lady Vanishes after that it would finish on Easter Sunday.
    Luther finished filming this week, hopefully they air it before the summer.

Scott and Bailey and Lightfields are due to air in March. Lewis is being advertised in magazines as the last ever episode although I wasn't aware that it was, might see a boost.
    Law and Order is filming this week, it's looking like a strong Autumn for ITV with Benidorm, Whitechapel, Downton and Doc Martin also returning.

Does anyone know when The Fall is being shown?
  • ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top Gear - 4045
    MotD2 - 1686
    Die Hard 4.0 - 1850
    Person of Interest - 909k

Mike, does the TG figure include BBC HD?
    Forum Member
    ChrisE wrote: »

no it doesn't, sorry we don't have those figures
    normally I'd be dropping hints about the consolidated now, but for some reason the data's not arrived

I'm in the dark as to why :confused:
  • AnthonyCAnthonyC Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    I am hearing unconfirmed reports that Graham Norton is going to be leading the search for a new Pope as the BBC tries to put Animal Antics and Britains Borefest behind it............

Sounds almost as bad as that ITV find a Jesus programme last summer! :D
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    normally I'd be dropping hints about the consolidated now, but for some reason the data's not arrived

Time for a request then so? itv4 Africa Cup of Nations Final 6-9pm yesterday?
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnthonyC wrote: »
    Sounds almost as bad as that ITV find a Jesus programme last summer! :D

Cowells not interested. Being Pope would be a demotion ;)
    Forum Member
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Time for a request then so? itv4 Africa Cup of Nations Final 6-9pm yesterday?

----
    rejoice the data's arrived and I'm keeping schtum

I'll be back in 30 mins or so

:p
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if you predicted 5.7 you'd be wrong, as it got 6.1. :)

You must be salivating over those numbers and the demographic!

Far better than your overbought ruinously expensive football rights!

I hope Bishop Len Brennan gets it. ;)

Its long overdue.

No-one will kick him up the a*se then!!!! ;):D
  • andrewskatie143andrewskatie143 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    does anyone have the breakdown for mr selfridge last night
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChrisE wrote: »

Another 1.1m on BBC HD.
    At the same time on BBC2, Top Gear had 5.1 million viewers (17.7%), including 1.1 million on BBC HD.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/feb/11/baftas-bbc-itv-mr-selfridge#start-of-comments
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Splash can manage 5m for them (still puzzled by this one, even with the non-existent competition) then pretty much anything can. Celebrity Paint Drying would presumably be up there.

DOI looks particularly tired now if you ask me.

I think people watch because anything with celebs and votes has a default audience . I do like your idea for Celebrity Paint Drying-possibly featuring the silent watching of Pamela Anderson (for one week only), Jedward and Rylan Clarke. At least no-one should get injured in training.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Soon that argument that gets wheeled out in here every time one of ITV's juggernauts of yesteryear underperforms along the lines of "nothing else would rate as well in those slots" will not look credible with regard to DOI, as really ITV should have little problem clearing 5m in Sunday primetime at this time of year.

Poor figures no doubt about it.

Stretching things to maybe absurd levels, if DOI is under a cloud could this prompt ITV to really push for The Voice if it falters again with its ridiculous scheduling on BBC1? It would allow them to shake up their schedule with XF moving to live shows in January. I dont know where TV would go but its just a thought. All of a sudden nothing seems certain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mm, United putting the title race to bed is an immense turn off to all but United fans. I think there could be a few more low figures especally for MOTD 2 and there are still 12 games to go.
    Forum Member
    data for week ending 3rd February 2013 is now live on BARB website

enjoy!

:)
  • Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1Ken wrote: »
    Yes that would really suit her. Lee Mack and maybe Michael mcintyre? It would really be refreshing if we moved away from talent shows. When was the last big style mainstream sketch show on. French and Sunders probably.

We've already had a show like this - and Lee Mack did it! His All Star Cast was only two years ago, which shows how memorable that was, it had sketches and stand-up and it was on a Saturday night.

It didn't do very well, though, cos it all seemed a bit confused, it was on post-watershed but it didn't seem to be doing much that they couldn't do in a pre-watershed slot. And it wasn't clear enough to the audience what it was about, it's all very well saying we should move away from formats but there has to be a hook to get people in. Ant and Dec in their book say one of the issues with Slap Bang was that it was just Ant and Dec doing stuff.
    iaindb wrote: »
    There are some people who think the tasks are now a waste of time because Lord Sugar chooses the winner based on the business plan they present in the final week.

But you've got to do well in the tasks to make it to the final week and present the business plan! I don't think that's a major issue, people don't watch shows like this for the prize. Why should we care what the winner goes on and does in Amstrad, we don't get to see them?
    AlexiR wrote: »
    In the BBC's defence The Magicians was an infinitely better show second time around so creatively at least they were right to give that another go. Obviously it didn't work out commercially but I think it was worth a shot. I think with Britain's Brightest it'll be hard to abandon because there are so many obvious and relatively minor changes that they can make which can make the show so much better and whilst the numbers haven't been great they've hardly been terrible. I think it probably deserves another run albeit on a smaller scale. Perhaps instead of something like In It To Win It or Secret Fortune rather than as well as...

I'd agree with that, the idea of Britain's Brightest itself was an alright one and most of the issues were with the execution - the unmatched head-to-heads, the weird scoring system, all that. If they find half a dozen decent games it would work, as you could say it could probably be reformatted as a lottery show and do tolerably well. I don't think The Magicians' revamp had anything to do with its failure, it was never really going to catch on however they did it. I don't think people are very interested in magic shows.
    There's four Sundays between Ripper Street finishing and Easter, not enough time for both Shetland and Case Histories.

Why do they need to get stuff finished for Easter?

I don't think yesterday was that pivotal, Man U are miles ahead but they certainly haven't won the title yet and beating Everton at home is hardly big news, that happens most seasons. And apart from Villa fans, people aren't bothered about whether Villa go down yet, they'll take an interest in that towards the end of the season when the matches have obvious consequences. We'll decide in May whether those matches actually mattered.

And it was on earlier than usual last night so presumably some people will have forgotten it was on or expected it to follow the news as usual. And it had tougher competition from the BAFTAs than it would from whatever they normally show opposite it on BBC2, like a Mock The Week repeat.
  • andrewskatie143andrewskatie143 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    WOAH - the consolidated rating for last week's mr selfridge is only 6.27 million viewers. I would have thought it would be much higher- does the figure include ITV HD (how much would HD add). Also, I stil can't find itv's consolidated ratings for the week jan 21-27. Does anyone know where I can find it.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    data for week ending 3rd February 2013 is now live on BARB website

enjoy!

:)
    are the monthly stats for Jan going to go up this week, Mike?

i reckon it could be BBC1s best month for quite a while (betting without "olympics month")!

K
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the news of the Popes resignation could ITVs old show work in a re-jigged format?

POPE IDOL ???

The BBC are ahead of the game as shock on set pictures reveal!
    http://i.imgur.com/iHS8Xnt.jpg
This discussion has been closed.