A-Z: The X Factor Contestants

Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,974
Forum Member
As the title says, to make it a bit more interesting, give your opinion on the contestant, and additionally probably provide a YouTube link (for the acts that people may not know of much). This is kind of an endless game. :D

I'll start:

Amelia Lily - I like her vocal, even though it does come across as a bit shouty sometimes. She was a confident performer also. Her X Factor journey is an interesting one, being voted out then back in, but she kind of deserved it as her performance in week 1 was not great - a silly song choice, but I'm glad she reached the final as her performance with Kelly was brilliant. As for her post-XF releases, I do like 'Shut Up' but I favour the acoustic version over than the original.

Comments

• EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Belle Amie - They were a decent girlband in my opinion. They had interesting individual voices, but unfortunately suffered from a lack of chemistry and not having the best vocal in the competition. I genuinely think that they could have gone quite a bit further if Simon had given them better songs to sing instead of the boring classics we've seen covered a million times like 'I'll Stand By You' and 'Venus'. Geneva left the group immediately after the show, and they released a single before Rebecca also left the group. Belle Amie now consists of only Sophia Wardman and Esther Campbell.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carolynne Poole - Poor Carolynne, a real singer and vocalist who never got the chance to go far and was the victim for the producers need to have a TOWIE-style, sausage-fest on the show. For me, she had one of the most impressive voices which made her ideal for Country music but not afraid to be out of her comfort zone either. Nowadays, she's moved to America where I think with the right label and backing, could be a star in the world of Country music.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chico :D

Finished in fifth place, 2005

In March 2006 he had a no 1 single with 'It's Chico Time'

In 2012 he competed in Dancing On Ice, reaching the final and finishing in third place :)

:eek::eek:

Soppyfan you posted while I was typing :eek:

We'll have to have two for 'C' :p;)
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,974
    Forum Member
    We'll stick with two Cs. :)

Daniel Evans - he may have made Cheryl cry in the auditions but his performances in the live shows were quite uncomfortable and funny at the same time. He wasn't a great vocalist. He's moved to Spain now.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,768
    Forum Member
    Ella Henderson - such a shame she left when she did, biggest shock result ever. Stupid voting public.
    Forum Member
    F.Y.D - they were too manufactured and their vocals were shaky, but I think they chose an OK song choice for the first live show. I wish we could have heard more from them though - going first, on a night where there were 16 performances, they were bound to be forgotten. They were better dancers than singers.
  • Mr Hunny BunnyMr Hunny Bunny Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Owen Quigg.
    Forum Member
    Owen Quigg.

You were supposed to continue with G, and give your opinion.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    G4: They obviously each have strong voices and harmonise well. Having said that, I did find them maybe too consistent at times. It would have been nice to see them majorly change things up, but then again that would've detracted from what they are, and what makes them so different. They're definitely not to my personal taste, and I would never buy a record of there's, but my personal preference in music is no justification to say they're a bad act. I can see why they're viewed as being quite a popular contestant(s), and I'm sure they're very good at what they do and appeal to those who enjoy classical music. They don't have The X Factor.
  • Mr Hunny BunnyMr Hunny Bunny Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    You were supposed to continue with G, and give your opinion.

Ok.

Gowen Quigg - useless.
  • Trmcg5Trmcg5 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope

The first manufactured group made by the judges and came into the finals as possible winners but after quite a few bottom two appearances they left in fifth

I personally thought they wouldn't do well and none of their personalities shone through giving them no edge which is what you need in a group
  • monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jahmene Douglas He was one my favourites last year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    monrose wrote: »
    Jahmene Douglas He was one my favourites last year

You know that the letter I comes after the letter H instead of the letter J do you? :p

Never mind, everyone makes mistakes. I'll fill in the I for you.

Does anyone remember I Sette Cantanti from all the way back in series 4? They were the large group of geeks if you don't remember them. I actually quite liked them myself, mainly because they had interesting vocals and were a breath of fresh air among the mediocrity that was series 4 in my opinion. It's a shame Simon didn't put them through to the live shows, but it's understandable because taking them through would have been a massive risk for him. They wouldn't have won anyway, so it's not that big of a deal. Still, I for one would have loved to see them on the live shows over Futureproof, who I thought weren't that good.

The next person should continue with the letter K, as J has been done already.
    Forum Member
    I couldn't come up with one for I at all.

Kye Sones - he had a good voice but he was hampered by some poor song choices. His performance in week 2 was his worst, he was flat many times and it just didn't work. His sing off performances were really good, but his performance of Let Me Entertain You was my favorite. Shame he doesn't have more support on here (meaning the appreciation threads). He did say upon getting voted out that he was going to record an album - we haven't heard anything yet.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Mix - the best girl group XF have ever had, and arguably the best group as well (I'd only place JLS before them.) Brilliant performances of ET and Don't Let Go.
  • tvmad999tvmad999 Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    L is for...

Lucie Jones: One of the most beautiful, sweetest and sexiest girls ever to take part in the show. Had her dream cruelly snatched away by Simon Cowell, would have been such a huge success in the music industry if it weren't for him:(

Her exit, for me, perhaps started the show's severe decline to the mess it is today...
  • tvmad999tvmad999 Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Little Mix - the best girl group XF have ever had, and arguably the best group as well (I'd only place JLS before them.) Brilliant performances of ET and Don't Let Go.

Beat me to it, oh well...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maria Lawson - One of the best singers from the 2005 Series but was probably the first victim of the shock departure due to what Sharon called "The Irish Mafia" vote by Louis with The Conway Sisters. :(
    Forum Member
    Nicole Lawrence - she gave an *interesting* performance at bootcamp, but she had picked up a lot of bad habits on the way such as the foot stamping. She did shout a lot though, which is easily off-putting.

For those who don't remember her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hT66MgvwYs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olly Murs - I'm always surprised with how well he has done but his stuff after the X Factor have probably been the most consistent in being of good quality. Also happens to be one of the better looking male contestants in my opinion.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paije Richardson - a very dependable contestant who did one of my favourite ever sing-off performances (Stop, a master class in technical ability.) Will be forever remembered as the 'lucky' (ahem) reciprocant of Louis Walsh's now immortal line: "You remind me of a little Lenny Henry."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    quatrele da'an smith: Lets put it this way.... he is amazing :D

Might want to include a link as not everyone watches XF US. Also, a link would make it so much better. :D
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Might want to include a link as not everyone watches XF US. Also, a link would make it so much better. :D

includes link as everyone should know about the joy that is Quatrele :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebecca Ferguson - One of the best girls of 2010 and certainly should've got more attention with the songs and the staging than Cher and Katie. Yes she wasn't able to move around much, but her voice is very soulful and beautiful to listen to. :)