Family Guy - Back to the Multiverse

Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
Forum Member
Anyone getting this?

It sounds like it could be good fun, though there is a worrying lack of demo's and trailers online.

I see Amazon have the interestingly named "Humiliation pack" for those that pre-order.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    As an FG fan I'm mildly interested in it, but i've got a feeling that it'll turn out to be terrible, definitely wont be paying anywhere near full price for it even if it turns out to be "alright". The graphics look atrocious, barely better than the old PS2/Xbox game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    As an FG fan I'm mildly interested in it, but i've got a feeling that it'll turn out to be terrible, definitely wont be paying anywhere near full price for it even if it turns out to be "alright". The graphics look atrocious, barely better than the old PS2/Xbox game.

I've heard that too. Destructoid gave it a 2.0 out of 10 and that was quite burial of it. If you're really looking to get it perhaps, read a few reviews, or even find some video reviews, first.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This doesn't look half as good as South Park: The Stick Of Truth will be.

Activision probably just got a load of manatees to do all the coding on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    It's one i might look at in a sale. Never been a fan of tv show video games, always found them to be poor but simpsons hit and run was a fun one.
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    I was going to look into it. But you're right, it's a shame there is no online demo for you to have a try. Makes me think they don't have a lot of faith in the finished product! :confused:
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this could be fun
  • familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone buy this game if so is it good game?

To me is look more arcade game that u buy from Xbox live then shop game and I saw this in ASDA yesterday for £40 :eek: really it should be £25 not £40 but in two months time u probably can pick it up for £20 from somewhere.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone buy this game if so is it good game?

To me is look more arcade game that u buy from Xbox live then shop game and I saw this in ASDA yesterday for £40 :eek: really it should be £25 not £40 but in two months time u probably can pick it up for £20 from somewhere.

Yes it looks like a £25 game and is being sold over priced.

I'll wait for it 2nd hand.

Hopefully it will be like an interactive episode.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a gameplay video if anyone is interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2IFI4Efptk
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That looks terrible
    Forum Member
    Has anyone actually bought it and played it?
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    It sounds terrible. A shame as i would like to play a decent Family Guy Game.

Oh well, bring on Stick Of Truth...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to be honest after watching 15 minutes of that clip, i'm sold on the game but not until, its £20 or less

It seems like it will get the humor of family guy and make you laugh but it would be hard to replay as the jokes would get less and less funny the more you hear them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Minnimo wrote: »
    Has anyone actually bought it and played it?

Considering that it barely entered the UK Top 40 this weekend (debuting in a lowly 35th place) i'd say that not many people bought it at all.

Aside from the Destructoid review (which was written by a person who openly admits that he doesn't really like FG) i've not seen a single review which must indicate that Activision didn't send out review copies before release day, so i'm assuming that even Activision didn't have much faith in the game. Nor have i seen any advertising for the game either which is odd considering that regardless of the quality of the game you'd imagine that it would be an easy sell to casual shoppers at this time of year. I'm betting that it's a turkey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least they'll have something to joke about on the tv show (if it is indeed crap)
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Considering that it barely entered the UK Top 40 this weekend (debuting in a lowly 35th place) i'd say that not many people bought it at all.

Aside from the Destructoid review (which was written by a person who openly admits that he doesn't really like FG) i've not seen a single review which must indicate that Activision didn't send out review copies before release day, so i'm assuming that even Activision didn't have much faith in the game. Nor have i seen any advertising for the game either which is odd considering that regardless of the quality of the game you'd imagine that it would be an easy sell to casual shoppers at this time of year. I'm betting that it's a turkey.

I agree with that. If they had faith in their game they probably would have sent it to at the very least a few review places. The fact that they haven't speaks volumes.:rolleyes:

Shame, I would actually like a game like this. Maybe a rental at this stage of the game then (no pun intended!!!:eek:)
  • crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure whether to stick this on the Xmas list, on one hand I'm not going to be paying for it but in the other hand I'm essentially a present down if it is truly awful!
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Yeah it's...pretty crappy. Played through the first stage but I can't see myself going back to it. Ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a few games i didn't so sold them to buy the game and while the gameplay isn't revolutionary it works great, it's the comedy that is making me want to play more if your a fan of the show i'd highly recommend getting the game (but maybe when it's a little cheaper)

I've only played the first level and i can see me really liking this game by the end
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't even know this was out yet, thought it was some time in December. You would think that just on name alone it would have placed higher than #35, I mean EVERYONE I know loves Family Guy!
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watched first two minutes

im getting this

giggity
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't look that great. I'll wait for a boring month in gaming/price reduction.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shock horror! Activision send out a sh**y game based on a potentially lucrative license. Who'd have thunk it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shock horror! Activision send out a sh**y game based on a potentially lucrative license. Who'd have thunk it?

Its actually quite good and gets the humor of the show, do you own it?
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Its actually quite good and gets the humor of the show, do you own it?
    I have it and it's not good at all. And the only funny stuff in it is lines ripped directly from the show (exact audio, not even re-recorded)...but they're thrown into random places without proper context and thus are no longer funny for the most part.