and the next Games With Gold is.....

mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
Forum Member
✭✭
Defense Grid: The Awakening...

Wow... a four year old tower defence XBLA game...

Sorry, but meanwhile PS+ subscribers are getting Uncharted 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Catherine, The Cave, Demon's Souls, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD, Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning and LittleBigPlanet Karting.

(yes, I ripped that list off EG... :D)

Comments

• jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    This was £1 on steam about 4 years ago....

PS Plus is the better option.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an 800 point game on XBL normally... It's almost embarrassing what MS is coming up with...
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Defense Grid: The Awakening...

Wow... a four year old tower defence XBLA game...

Sorry, but meanwhile PS+ subscribers are getting Uncharted 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Catherine, The Cave, Demon's Souls, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD, Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning and LittleBigPlanet Karting.

PS+ subscribers also get Battlefield 3, Saints Row 3, Payday - The Heist & Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
    on the 3rd July.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Microsoft are unbelievable.

For the past couple of weeks, the press have latched onto what MS said about the Games For Gold during the E3 conference "and to kick off that program I’d like to share just two of the titles we’re going to offer over the next few months – Assassin’s Creed 2, and Halo 3”

Everyone (wrongly) assumed that they would be the next 2 games and MS did nothing to correct that.

Tweets like this didn't help - http://twitter.com/xboxkid510/status/351525397868986368/photo/1

Then, at the last minute, Major Nelson tweets - FAQ: “Halo 3” and “Assassin’s Creed II" were mentioned as part of the program - no date was given for their release http://mjr.mn/11SSgBW
    11:49 PM - 30 Jun 2013

That good old Microsoft PR magic strikes again. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    It was supposed to be on the 1st and 16th of each month, which started with Fable 3, i was expecting ACII today but it has yet to materialise on Live, and i already bought Defence grid months ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »

PS+ subscribers also get Battlefield 3, Saints Row 3, Payday - The Heist & Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
    on the 3rd July.

When you look at the cost of the games on Plus, you get more than you pay for the second you sub, these games would easily cost more than £30 per owned, unless you got really lucky online

When i look at what MS are offering two free games a month until Xbox one launches, i have to think will all the games they offer be worth more than the cost of a gold sub?

For me this offer from MS has always been a cheap way to get people to sub this summer so that they already have an Xbox one sub in place when the X1 launches in november

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing MS release stats about how many people have gold on X1 and not how many people actually have an X1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've washed my hand of Microsoft, they seem to enjoy insulting their customers, either that or they're so unbelievably arrogant. It staggers belief. Skyrim will be the last game I play on any MS console.
    Forum Member
    on the 3rd July.

*Cancels Ninja Gaiden order from Amazon*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    *Cancels Ninja Gaiden order from Amazon*

That was close, eh?

At least Sony have the decency to give us a little notice of what's coming up, so we don't buy something that's about to become free.

You wouldn't catch MicroSoft doing something like that. It would involve thinking of their customers rather than themselves.

Anyway, is the "free" game actually "free" yet? Last time I checked, it was still 800MSPs
    Forum Member
    That was close, eh?

At least Sony have the decency to give us a little notice of what's coming up, so we don't buy something that's about to become free.

You wouldn't catch MicroSoft doing something like that. It would involve thinking of their customers rather than themselves.

Anyway, is the "free" game actually "free" yet? Last time I checked, it was still 800MSPs

Yeh haha. I just bought the Vita for myself from GAME for £160 with a free 8GB memory card and 10 downloadable games inc LBP and Wipeout etc...

Absolute bargain!

Also got Dynasty Warriors Next, Need for Speed and Ninja Gaiden Sigma but i guess i don't need to buy the last one now.

Plus i already have saved about 5/6 other vita games from previous PS Plus offers.
  • sahisahi Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    It still says 800 msp for me, is it for anyone else?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sahi wrote: »
    It still says 800 msp for me, is it for anyone else?

Yep.

Fable 3 is still featured as the free game.

Perhaps they're all too busy buying party poppers and Lambrini for Don Mattrick's leaving bash.
  • sahisahi Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Free now, downloading.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assasin's Creed 2 will be free today.
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member

...thats a shame as I already have this...!! :(
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Party like it's 2009....
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member

Downloading now.. Haven't played any of the series yet! :o

Bought the 1st about 2yrs ago aint touched it, Grabbed ACIII when it was free on GoD due to an error.

[edit] Hmmm Just saw that Brotherhood is 400MSP and Revelations is 600MSP with a Hungary GT tempting...
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Lots of good deals today on XBL, while browsing I also found Asura's Wrath is only £8.99 (all DLC also 50% off). A steal at that price!

Also:

Devil May Cry HD Collection - 1200 MSP
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood - 1200 MSP
    Resident Evil 5 - 800 MSP
    Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition - 1200 MSP
    Lost Planet Colonies - 400 MSP
    Lost Planet 2 - 400 MSP
    Dark Void - 400 MSP
    Assassins Creed - 1200 MSP
    Mortal Kombat - 800 MSP
    Devil May Cry 4 - 400 MSP
    Asura's Wrath - 800 MSP

I Grabbed that list from the net and prices do vary between regions but they are all very cheap.

You can check all current deals here

Seems like MS are sorting their shit out.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Is ac2 any good? I have only played 3 and that bored me. I have heard ac2 is the worst of the series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Is ac2 any good? I have only played 3 and that bored me. I have heard ac2 is the worst of the series.

Not sure where you heard that but AC2 is one of the most well received of the series
    Forum Member
    A few people at work reckon it's the worst game of the series. I bought ac3 and I was bored to tears, I think I got to sequence 8 then traded it in. So if ac2 is worse than 3 I didn't want to waste time and space on my hard drive downloading it.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    A few people at work reckon it's the worst game of the series. I bought ac3 and I was bored to tears, I think I got to sequence 8 then traded it in. So if ac2 is worse than 3 I didn't want to waste time and space on my hard drive downloading it.

Are you certain they said 2? The AC2 Trilogy is THE best in the series, hell, that alone should make it obvious, AC2 was THAT good it got it's own Trilogy in between the Trilogy (at the time).

AC1 is good, great as a proof of concept, but falls short and becomes quite repetitive, but the story is good, but AC2, Brotherhood and to a lesser extent Revelations (which I still enjoyed more than AC1 and AC3) were just amazing, you really get a huge sense of Ezio's journey right from when he's born up to his death, he's literally a character you follow throughout his life in these games, and as he gets older, his skillset grows, etc, a lot of the stuff was taken out of AC3 because, well, by the end of Revelations, Ezio, an Assassin who's been training ever since he was a teen is like a living legend, and he feels like that when you play as him by that point in Revelations.

Seriously, if someone says AC2 is the worst, then they must not like AC at all! I mean, it even handles the modern day parts better to, AC2 is Desmond finding his place, Brotherhood is him physically preparing himself and Revelations is him mentally preparing himself and accepting his fate. As Desmond lives through Ezio's events, you feel him growing to, which is just great to play and see.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

AC2 is by far the best of the 5 games already released.

AC1 had a great story and character in Altair but it did become very repetitive.

AC2 was awesome and Ezio was a great character. They put a lot into the storyline and it was a longer game.

ACB and ACR were both good games but followon's to AC2 so they felt a lot shorter.

AC3 took a while to get into but once they'd sorted the glitches i quite liked it and the world (especially the frontier) is pretty massive. They have gone away from the assassination element quite a lot though.

AC4 is already looking good, i just hope they bring the assassination elements back whilst having the huge world to explore!
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Are you certain they said 2? The AC2 Trilogy is THE best in the series, hell, that alone should make it obvious, AC2 was THAT good it got it's own Trilogy in between the Trilogy (at the time).

Yep. To be fair though this bloke thinks final fantasy 7 is the most overated game ever, so maybe I should'nt be listening to him:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumour has it that Crackdown and Dead Rising 2 are coming in August.

That's a RUMOUR.... no official announcement yet.