John Candy died 19 years ago today

gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
Forum Member
✭✭
The great John Candy died 19 years ago today.He was only 43 when he died of a heart attack.I'm not too sure what was the first John Candy film i ever saw.I think it was either Who's Harry Crumb? or Uncle Buck.

1 of my favourite films is Planes,Trains & Automobiles.The clip below is from 1 of my favourite scenes from the film.It still brings a smile to my face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8riUi_rgOQ

Comments

• Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved most of his films, Planes, Trains and Uncle Buck being my two favourites. Such a sad loss to the film industry when he died. Can't believe it's so long ago now.
  • Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was a very talented guy. Uncle Buck and Planes, Trains & Automobiles are two of my favourite films. Cool Runnings is pretty cool as well.
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    He was great.Apparently he was a very nice man in real life too.

I love
    Uncle Buck
    Armed and Dangerous
    The Great Outdoors
    Cool Runnings
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's another classic clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_akwHYMdbsM
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Legend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    awww i remember that day actually, we were watching a John Candy film at the time, and then it came on the news after
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember being young and thinking that was sad he he died. He was a vibrant actor with a happy aura around him and this was encapsulated by his films. His cameo in Home Alone changed to the mood of the film towards it's climax.
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    19 years? Bloody hell, has it really been that long? :(

I do actually remember hearing it on the news.
  • zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Candy was brilliant. Love Planes,Trains And Automobiles and Home Alone.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like John Candy at first, but he grew on me. He evolved from a punchable film comic actor to 'Uncle John' over years. RIP.

Edit: I still can't remember which of these films I first noticed him: Stripes or Splash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Great Actor especially Planes,Trains and Automobiles and Uncle Buck. i still struggle to hold it together in Planes,Trains when Steve Martin has the realisation :cry::(n the train and goes back for JC who is sitting quietly on his own in the train station
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Omg!!!! Where have them years gone.!!!!