Cannot understand how Christopher has survived this long!

MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
Forum Member
Now ive been watching reality tv for years and years but ive never been as baffled as I am that Christopher Maloney is still in the competition??

He is completely average and actually doesnt even have the fun factor which the novelty acts, Rylan,Wagner, Jedward had

Is it the older audience voting in huge numbers, people who dont like x factor and want him to win or people sympathetic to the underdog??

Like i said Im baffled, I know we all have our opinion and they are all different but ive not come across anyone who votes for him?

Comments

• rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a question of the age. Only Nostradamus would know the answer.
  • Skip65Skip65 Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please come up with something new. It's been kicked to death all theses hate threads of the same thing over and over again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it the older audience voting in huge numbers, people who dont like x factor and want him to win or people sympathetic to the underdog??

Like i said Im baffled, I know we all have our opinion and they are all different but ive not come across anyone who votes for him?[/QUOTE]

All of these things you mentioned are exactly the reason.

He has genuine fans , he has voters who vote in protest of x factor and he also gets support for the continual poor treatment x factor give him.

If he wins, it will be x factor to blame , simple as that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skip65 wrote: »
    Please come up with something new. It's been kicked to death all theses hate threads of the same thing over and over again

Well there is an obvious solution for you and that is to ignore those threads which you seem intent on not doing. I mean this post was clearly going to be critical of Christopher yet you made a concerted effort to come in when you could have lived in blissful ignorance.
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wouldn't have described it as a 'hate' thread. Just seems the OP is as baffled as I am.

We all have our own likes and dislikes and it seems apparent that regardless of who is voting for him or their reasons why, they still want him in the competition.

It baffles me, as I personally don't rate him at all as a singer or a performer. But like I say, we all have our own preferences.

:)
  • ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    He's from Liverpool. That I'm sure is the main reason for his longevity. Probably more than with any other city across the UK, Liverpudlians will get behind their boy/girl.

It's either that or there's a team of captive dwarves held somewhere in Knotty Ash whose task it is to repeat dial Christopher's vote number.
  • ageappropriateageappropriate Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    I don't like Jahmene or James, but I can understand someone voting for them or even buying their music. But Chris? He's so unlikeable and barely moderately talented. I was amazed he got through his first audition, let alone the rest!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ribtickle wrote: »
    He's from Liverpool. That I'm sure is the main reason for his longevity. Probably more than with any other city across the UK, Liverpudlians will get behind their boy/girl.

It's either that or there's a team of captive dwarves held somewhere in Notty Ash whose task it is to repeat dial Christopher's vote number.

Can we change the dwarves to elves please? After all its nearly christmas :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisybelle wrote: »
    Can we change the dwarves to elves please? After all its nearly christmas :p

Change it to whatever......as long as it's not those Orange Oompah Loompahs............they scare the hell out of me LOL!

:)
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,855
    Forum Member
    To be honest, I think his type of singing appeals to a lot of people, its the straight singing, blast out a tune with some big notes and off you go. Just look at SuBo's success who is very much in the same mould (although I think there's a vulnerability to her voice that I like.) It makes a change to Jahmene who, although he could be very good, lacks vocal control and can screech and wail sometimes and James who is a very acquired taste (personally I can't stand him!) so I can see the appeal and the bonus is if it annoys X Factor who have a lame duck as a winner then thats a fortunate by product ;)
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yet again branding the word " hate "

He's the biggest story this year , so he bound to get a lot of threads .
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Well there is an obvious solution for you and that is to ignore those threads which you seem intent on not doing. I mean this post was clearly going to be critical of Christopher yet you made a concerted effort to come in when you could have lived in blissful ignorance.

Thank above :)

I dont do hate, this is just sharing my bafflement (if thats a word) and share it. I didnt see any threads baring the same title so i started my own

I get that yes he can sing, but he has yet to how any WOW moments or anything which makes you think winner , Jahmene, Ella (bless) and James Arthur have all thad those moments
  • Purple-KiwisPurple-Kiwis Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, okay I admit it, I vote numerous times for Chris every week. It's a vote to evict, right?
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »

It would be great to be able to ignore these type of threads.. But these are the ones that keep filling our forums ... Is it in the hope we will start to dislike Chris?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be great to be able to ignore these type of threads.. But these are the ones that keep filling our forums ... Is it in the hope we will start to dislike Chris?

IMO if you like Chris but are then swayed to dislike him through reading threads where others don't.............it begs the question of how much you liked him in the first place :)
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be a combination of things. A regional vote has been suggested but I'd ask if it's not simply that the age demographic for The X Factor has changed. Less and less young people seem to care about it these days but I still hear a lot of middle aged and older people talking about it. Christopher Maloney obviously appeals to a certain generation. The fact is the man can sing. I'm not a fan of him or his voice but someone must be if he's still there and hasn't been in the bottom 2 yet.
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank above :)

I dont do hate, this is just sharing my bafflement (if thats a word) and share it. I didnt see any threads baring the same title so i started my own

I get that yes he can sing, but he has yet to how any WOW moments or anything which makes you think winner , Jahmene, Ella (bless) and James Arthur have all thad those moments

Have they? When exactly? To be fair if Jahmene had one I would have missed it as my eyes would have been scrunched up in pain at the sound filling my ears.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now ive been watching reality tv for years and years but ive never been as baffled as I am that Christopher Maloney is still in the competition??

He is completely average and actually doesnt even have the fun factor which the novelty acts, Rylan,Wagner, Jedward had

Like i said Im baffled, I know we all have our opinion and they are all different but ive not come across anyone who votes for him?

He's still in the competition because he has always gotten enough votes to avoid being in the bottom 2

Simples
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    He is still in because the public love him.It's not rocket science.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is still in because the public love him.It's not rocket science.

Not all the public, I hasten to add!

Take me out of that LOL!

:p:)
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Does it really matter if he wins

lets face it he is a joke to record companies so would not get any kind of contract if he didnt win

If he wins he will do the tour, release a single then an album ready for mothers day

after that he will not be on our radars unless he is at Butlins or he goes down the reality show route

Maybe the producers will think twice next year (if its still on) before they shove these sob story acts down our throats
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People get a grip he was voted in by some of the GBP so its the same GBP who voted that are still voting now.

Yes he may have got a few more votes from the anti lot or the feel sorry for him lot, But the fact is people liked him at the start enough to vote him back on the show and thats where a lot of the votes are coming from.

But hey if you all want to make silly conspiracy up then go for it lol. to me its just a waist of time and brain cells.

And no im not a Chris fan Im just someone who looks at the real picture.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hitnmix wrote: »
    People get a grip he was voted in by some of the GBP so its the same GBP who voted that are still voting now.

Yes he may have got a few more votes from the anti lot or the feel sorry for him lot, But the fact is people liked him at the start enough to vote him back on the show and thats where a lot of the votes are coming from.

But hey if you all want to make silly conspiracy up then go for it lol. to me its just a waist of time and brain cells.

And no im not a Chris fan Im just someone who looks at the real picture.

The all seeing, all knowing eye :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think people are here to change your mind but if you are that easily manipulated then you really ought to ignore the threads. If there is nothing on here I can be bothered about I go find another forum to write in on DS. There are loads of them and they feed my other interests quite nicely
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    The all seeing, all knowing eye :)

lol i wish then maybe i would be able to win the lottery. :)

But no its just some common sense,

People voted to get him back on the show, Them same people have had him almost topping the votes from week one ( from what we are told) So they are not going to give up now he almost at the final.

So all the something strange is going on is just silly.imo.