Call Of Duty : Ghosts

fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
Forum Member
✭✭
Someone's gonna be in trouble......

The rumoured but not-yet-confirmed game, complete with 360 and PS3 box art has been accidentally listed on Tesco's website.

Oops.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/402892/call-of-duty-ghosts-listed-by-tesco-with-box-art/

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also Target too.

I'd take a guess retailers got sent assets today and someone forgot to either read that it isn't to go live until X date or forgot to tick a 'do not show until x'.

Oh well!

To be honest I'm more interested to know if we will see this on next-gen, but given they have been given cover art a reveal is surely not far away.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Also Target too.

I'd take a guess retailers got sent assets today and someone forgot to either read that it isn't to go live until X date or forgot to tick a 'do not show until x'.

Oh well!

To be honest I'm more interested to know if we will see this on next-gen, but given they have been given cover art a reveal is surely not far away.

May 1st, apparently, or maybe they'll team up with Microsoft on the 21st at the new Xbox reveal?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still wouldn't bet against Modern Warfare 4 being released on PS4 and Xbox this year as well

When Call of Duty 2 came out on 360, they released Call of Duty 2: Big Red One on PS2 and Xbox, so they have a history of splitting the franchise
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I still wouldn't bet against Modern Warfare 4 being released on PS4 and Xbox this year as well

When Call of Duty 2 came out on 360, they released Call of Duty 2: Big Red One on PS2 and Xbox, so they have a history of splitting the franchise
    I have the trust of someone who runs one of the more popular COD fan sites, and they have it on good authority that there are two games in development.

They also got to go to IW's new offices and were shown the new engine, new characters and new guns.

They were not told the name, or allowed to play it - just see it, he said it looked massively better over MW3.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I think this year will probably be the first year since I bought a 360 where a CoD game isn't a blind buy.

Over the past couple of games I've just found that they've held my attention less and less time.

Perhaps a new engine will reinvigorate my interest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new engine is a worry for me.

I mean if they make it look amazing - great. But in terms of gameplay mechanics I think COD is spot on. I'm talking the aiming, movement etc.

For sure the animations, net code and all of that is guff - but I really hope they don't jerk around with the controls and I worry that a new engine would mean they have to kind of try and emulate what the old one does.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not coming to PC? That would be excellent :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    I mean if they make it look amazing - great. But in terms of gameplay mechanics I think COD is spot on. I'm talking the aiming, movement etc.

Yeah, have to agree with that. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. Could be great, could be terrible. The way I feel about CoD at the moment though, something has to change. I'm almost bored with it. TBH though, I don't think it's the engine, it's the killstreaks, the perks, even the maps. I don't know, maybe the maps would seem better if the killstreaks/perks were nerfed, but I just feel like there are waaaay too many now. It's almost more about the perks/killstreaks/loadouts etc than it is about actual gameplay and skill. I would actually cry real tears if they just went back to everyone having the same three. :rolleyes:
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same shit, different day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Same shit, different day.

Thank you for that wonderful insight
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    The engine is fine. It works. What i would like to see, is dedicated servers, larger scale battles (64 vs 64 search and destroy) and the end of the dreaded lag comp.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Thank you for that wonderful insight

If im proved wrong. Great, but after playing every COD to date i have a feeling not much will change.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oooh one for the black ops fan boys and one for the mw fanboys !! Excellent I like this approach !
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss the WW2 ones, Modern Warfare was great but these Black Ops ones play like pale imitations.
  • caz06caz06 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think the problem is, all they seem to do is each year, just add new maps and slap a new name on it, and i really think this game won't be any different which is a shame, because at some point this game will lose all its credibility because you look at games like MW1, BLACK OPS 1 and i'd even put MW2 in the mix because they were amazing games, and at the time they really were games people loved and treasured, but the problem i think now is, if it carried on like it has done for the last few years, then this franchise won't survive on Next Gen consoles

i think the whole franchise needs a complete overhaul, and reboot and i think ti needs to start looking at certain parts from the Battlefield franchise in order to compete in the next gen, a brand new engine is certainatly needed, personally i'd love huge maps, with big teams and descructable settings, but also include smaller maps with the current gameplay types that i would call "classic gameplay" to cater for all fans but for the moment, untill i see some gameplay reveal ect, then i expect this to be the same as weve seen before with new maps and a new name
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote: »
    I miss the WW2 ones, Modern Warfare was great but these Black Ops ones play like pale imitations.

You definitely won't get another WW2 game. People are too used to their massively overpowered killstreaks and weapons at this point. Well, not the more rational of us, but certainly the kiddie brigade and QSers would kick off about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike WW2 era mainly because of how it all looks lol.

So drab and mono-tone most of the time. Yeah obviously that is how it was but much prefer a nice bit of colour!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQEbPn36m1c

The teaser. Live 'action' trailer as it were (not much in the way of it!). I hate live action trailers. Just show me footage God damn.

Unless it is so realistic that it is a game :D

Anyway it'll be shown at the Xbox Event.
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they are going to allow PS3 users to play PS4 users on this game, and same with 360 and the next gen for them.
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    May 1st, apparently, or maybe they'll team up with Microsoft on the 21st at the new Xbox reveal?

You where spot on :D

Trailer confirms exclusive showing for MS at their conference on the 21st. Thankfully that put's aside rumors they where holding of showing games to E3.
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-01-call-of-duty-ghosts-confirmed-for-pc-ps3-xbox-360-wii-u-ps4-and-next-xbox

So it comes out on the 5th November. What do you think the chances are that the nextXbox will launch the same day, not a bad launch title, heres hoping. Will hopefully find out on the 21 may. Less than 3 weeks to go:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-01-call-of-duty-ghosts-confirmed-for-pc-ps3-xbox-360-wii-u-ps4-and-next-xbox

So it comes out on the 5th November. What do you think the chances are that the nextXbox will launch the same day, not a bad launch title, heres hoping. Will hopefully find out on the 21 may. Less than 3 weeks to go:)
    Activision PR said they have not dated next-gen yet (when asked about Wii U version).

Who knows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    It's not coming to PC? That would be excellent :)
    Not for me it wouldn't.

Hate having to play shooter's on console, Much prefer mouse/keyboard on a PC, Own all the past COD games for PC.

If this COD is a console exclusive then I ain't buying it :mad:
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    F1_Dave_E wrote: »
    Not for me it wouldn't.

Hate having to play shooter's on console, Much prefer mouse/keyboard on a PC, Own all the past COD games for PC.

If this COD is a console exclusive then I ain't buying it :mad:

Relax it's coming to PC

Pre orders up on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Call-Duty-Ghosts-PC-DVD/dp/B00CFARTB6/ref=sr_1_1_title_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1367453624&sr=1-1