Why have Radio not playlisted MKS Flatline?

JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What's the problem this time ?

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Because it's not by 1D, The Wanted, Dustbin Beaver or some other crappy talentless act?
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the song still being released?
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course, they're not going to "do a Freedom" on it:p
    There's still 3 weeks to release date so hopefully radio will pick it up this week
  • Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Of course, they're not going to "do a Freedom" on it:p
    There's still 3 weeks to release date so hopefully radio will pick it up this week

Freedom was a better song, to be honest.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, agree. I think Freedom would suit MKS quite well too.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I don't know. It's extremely difficult to get a major radio station (especially Capital FM) to play your songs. There's hundreds of songs I like which they never play. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Capital wont play it as they have to play Bruno Mars and Rihanna 75 times a day (at the very least). So it doesn't leave much for anything else.
    Also, I'd lol if Capital did play it. Capital is the biggest load of cr*p radio station I've ever had the displeasure of tuning into. Never ever again. Flatline is way too cool to even register on Capital's playlist anyway.

Also, Freedom was pretty good but it's nothing compared to this masterpiece.

Radio 1 really should have already picked this up. I'm not sure why they haven't yet? I mean, it won a Radio 1 poll a few weeks ago for new releases (as voted by listeners) so surely that would mean people want to hear it and R1 would then play list it?

Strange.
  • Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some songs just don't get played for one reason or another. Roger Taylor's song Nazis 1994 wasn't played and some record shops even refused to stock it but it became his best selling solo single.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one cares. Its really that simple. I said all along they would flop and they will. Apart from a few old fans who still believe in them they have no fan base.

Don't get me wrong I like Siobhan a lot but Keisha and Mutya ruined the Sugababes legacy. I know some Keisha fans try to blame Heidi but Heidi will have the last laugh here.
  • GoldeyfishGoldeyfish Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully it'll be play listed prior to its release it'd be a shame if it wasn't...as somebody else said its 3 weeks before its released
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Money talks...
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneres11 wrote: »
    Capital wont play it as they have to play Bruno Mars and Rihanna 75 times a day (at the very least). So it doesn't leave much for anything else.
    Also, I'd lol if Capital did play it. Capital is the biggest load of cr*p radio station I've ever had the displeasure of tuning into. Never ever again. Flatline is way too cool to even register on Capital's playlist anyway.

Also, Freedom was pretty good but it's nothing compared to this masterpiece.

Radio 1 really should have already picked this up. I'm not sure why they haven't yet? I mean, it won a Radio 1 poll a few weeks ago for new releases (as voted by listeners) so surely that would mean people want to hear it and R1 would then play list it?

Strange.

They have capital on at the gym sometimes and I demand they change it.
    Utterly awful, almost as if they have the same songs on a constant loop.
  • _Magnum__Magnum_ Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    No one cares. Its really that simple. I said all along they would flop and they will. Apart from a few old fans who still believe in them they have no fan base.

Don't get me wrong I like Siobhan a lot but Keisha and Mutya ruined the Sugababes legacy. I know some Keisha fans try to blame Heidi but Heidi will have the last laugh here.

Good post

Why are all MKS fans attacking Heidi? what did she actually do? she replaced Siobhan after she walked out on the Sugababes. Four years later Mutya again walked out on the Sugababes this time when they were at the height of their career unlike Siobhan. In my opinion Mutya had absolutely no right to try & claim the bands name after ditching them half way through a successful studio albums promo.

Now we have Keisha its been said Heidi & Amelle were the ones who were going to walk away unless management got rid of Keisha, what does that tell about what it must have been like to work with Keisha? :eek:

So all in all Heidi comes across very well in all of this really as she was loyal to the band all the way through to the bitter end.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,760
    Forum Member
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    They have capital on at the gym sometimes and I demand they change it.
    Utterly awful, almost as if they have the same songs on a constant loop.

I don't even mind the constant loop its the absolutely shocking edits of almost every song that I don't stand
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,760
    Forum Member
    _Magnum_ wrote: »
    Good post

Why are all MKS fans attacking Heidi? what did she actually do? she replaced Siobhan after she walked out on the Sugababes. Four years later Mutya again walked out on the Sugababes this time when they were at the height of their career unlike Siobhan. In my opinion Mutya had absolutely no right to try & claim the bands name after ditching them half way through a successful studio albums promo.

Now we have Keisha its been said Heidi & Amelle were the ones who were going to walk away unless management got rid of Keisha, what does that tell about what it must have been like to work with Keisha? :eek:

So all in all Heidi comes across very well in all of this really as she was loyal to the band all the way through to the bitter end.

Agree 100%.. I understand Siobhan's reasons for leaving, although we are supposed to forget that now they are back together and after 10/11 years of saying she was, Keisha was never mean

Mutya again I understand her reasons, she felt that the girls didn't give her enough time to adjust to being a mum in a group and has said herself if the girls hadnt of pushed her to make a decision she probably wouldn't have left

Keisha is Keisha, very talented but does come across cold, mainly because of all Siobhan, Heidi and Amelle have said about her but that doesn't stop her from being an integral part of the Sugababes

That people turned on Heidi as quickly as they did I will never understand.. I love the song and surprised R1 haven't picked it up and hope it does well for them and MKS go on to be successful, personally I think after the first album, interest and hype will be at a level that interest in 1.0 was after Siobhan, rock bottom
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Heidi's too busy preparing for her musical to find time to laugh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because mainstream radio is controlled either by money or elitist snobs. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    In a way I want it to do well because it's a good song, but part of me wants it to fail because I don't particularly think they deserve it.

Obvious they reformed for the money.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,419
    Forum Member
    Because it's going to flop. Did anyone expect anything different?
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »

But if they playlisted it it WOULDN'T flop. I can't see how it would with major airplay. It makes no sense how it can flop with airplay a la Blurred Lines, it just wouldn't. No airplay guarantees it. And lmao at Keisha ruining the Sugababes, that's like saying Kelly Rowland ruined DC.:p:rolleyes:
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's such a good track. Sounds like a solo Siobhan song. Love it!
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a cover art for this yet? Think its a good song tbh. None 9f them 4.0 or MKS will see the success of 2.0 again
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »

I haven't heard the song yet, but as someone who has followed the charts for a long time, I can say that no matter what it sounds like, it will flop because it's getting no airplay, and it'd be a big hit if it was getting a lot of airplay.

It doesn't really matter how good the song is, or how famous the artist is, it's all about airplay. Seriously. Especially Capital FM, that's the most important station for the charts, and it's a shame that it plays the same songs so much.

I mean, one play of this song per day between 7am and 7pm. Is that too difficult for Capital? Even some of the songs on its own playlist it doesn't play lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't make sense for radio 1 to have the song win a poll in their review show and then not playlist it....where is the logic in that?!
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I don't know about who has the final word on the playlist, I thought it might be the producers.
    However, if it's the DJs then it's because they are generally a bunch of self-promoters only interested in the sound of their own voices and telling us what they did the night before. Like I'm interested.

Flatline is a great song and deserves playing on radio.

Spread the word!