Key Lime Pie will be Kitkat instead.

MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,973
Forum Member
Looks like we'll be migrating to Kitkat rather than Key Lime Pie then. A bit of a surprise but probably nothing more than a gimmick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23926938

Comments

• FraserGJFraserGJ Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is probably the daftest thing I've ever heard - I had to check the date.

Can't wait for the "Have a break, have an Android" jokes...

I'm sure there will be some reference to it by Apple when the latest iPhone is unveiled too
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Is it April 1st already...?

Da ****...?
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    I wonder how much google has received in sponsorship to call it that?
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye Up wrote: »
    I wonder how much google has received in sponsorship to call it that?

Apparently neither has paid any money for it. Completely random move to make never thought it would be called that what is next the Android Pimple/Chanel/Prada or something equally as stupid?
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Hmmm a bit odd to be honest. But no more daft than having a picture of a piece of fruit with a bite taken out of it!
  • Esot-ericEsot-eric Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how i feel about it. I do know that i really want to eat a KitKat right now, so i guess the advertising is good for something.

Android KitKat page.
  • denyo1977denyo1977 Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's bizarre! For about a year everyone thought it would be Key Lime Pie. And now KitKat? It's already a "shocker" they changed the name. But to that?
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the name, it's different I guess, and still fits with their "dessert" theme. They've put the statue out so it's 100% confirmed.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/03/android-kit-kat/

I think a new Nexus could be on the horizon with Android 4.4 as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful. Truly awful.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Lion Bar and then Mars Bar after KitKat though.

I think it's quite a clever bit of marketing as more people will be talking about it and also the Android figure will look a lot better made out of KitKat than Key Lime Pie as not sure how they would do that one?

I think it's going to be good for Android and also KitKat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Hmmm a bit odd to be honest. But no more daft than having a picture of a piece of fruit with a bite taken out of it!

No more daft than a long-standing logo that represents the name of the company? :confused:

I do love that whenever you have cause to criticise Android, you absolutely must take a bite (pun intended) out of Apple at the same time.
  • MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,973
    Forum Member
    I guess their execs aren't that busy if they've time to monkey around with stuff like that. The money must be pouring in faster than they can spend it.
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my efforts to boycott all things Nestle, it's increasingly likely my next smartphone is going to be Windows Phone,
    especially if I don't get 4.3 anytime soon, and/or there's no prospect of my phone getting a slice of Key Lime Pie!
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Google kit kat now, or do an image search. Wait a week and try it again.

It'll 10 years before the chocolate bar is the number one site for the search again.
  • pepstarpepstar Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    In my efforts to boycott all things Nestle,

What did Nestle do to you? Bad childhood experience at the school tuck shop?
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pepstar wrote: »
    What did Nestle do to you? Bad childhood experience at the school tuck shop?

He was abused by the Nesquik Bunny when he was young. :D (sorry but had to do it).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    In my efforts to boycott all things Nestle, it's increasingly likely my next smartphone is going to be Windows Phone,
    especially if I don't get 4.3 anytime soon, and/or there's no prospect of my phone getting a slice of Key Lime Pie!

I was going to make that point but forgot. Aren't Nestlé still one of THE most boycotted brands in the world?
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well KLP is a very American dessert - I've never had it, though I have seen a couple now in Waitrose. Kitkat is perhaps more international. More importantly, whats in it and when do we get it? :D
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh, and this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKOrkLxOBoY

taking a shot at Jonny Ive and co...
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    oh, and this:

it's all in good fun i'm sure, just when apple took a shot at microsoft with their "i'm a mac" ads.
    Forum Member
    No more daft than a long-standing logo that represents the name of the company? :confused:

Yes. It looks absolutely stupid.You have an issue with an OS called kitkat, but i cant have an issue with a half eaten fruit as a logo Wow! :D
    I do love that whenever you have cause to criticise Android, you absolutely must take a bite (pun intended) out of Apple at the same time.

Show me any time i have EVER done that. I eagerly await your reply.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh, and this:

Wow. I'm all for parody videos and playful shots at the competition (I loved the Windows Phone wedding one) but this one doesn't quite hit the mark for me. It seems almost desperate in its execution. And BBC News will be wanting their globe back!
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    oh, and this:

Absolute genius though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Find me any time i have EVER done that.

I did however know you would find something to complain about however.

You do it whenever you criticise Android. Many, many examples.
    Forum Member
    You do it whenever you criticise Android. Many, many examples.

Again, find me an example because i guarantee you can't.

I criticise things on its own merit.