The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lowest Final Chase score to be a winning score was 14 against Shaun - though it's notable that Mark, Anne and Paul have all lost to 15, and Mark lost to 13(!!) in the first Christmas Special. :)

The Highest Chaser victories are as follows:

Shaun - 23
    Mark - 26
    Anne - 26
    Paul - 24

I could've sworn Paul lost to 14 once, when did Shaun lose to 14?
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good effort by Linda, she put pressure on Paul who just made it by 5 seconds.
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could've sworn Paul lost to 14 once, when did Shaun lose to 14?

Actually you're right, Paul had *that* team in Series 5 that got their score pushed back round from 14 to 15 - As for Shaun, that was Series 6, Episode 35 according to my records. :)

So technically both Paul and Shaun lost to 14, with Mark and Anne losing to 15.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Bad luck Linda. Did the chaser say The rape of the Lock by John Dryden?
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    I was surprised Paul got the "What national team does David Luiz play for?" question wrong, he's a football fan isn't he? I assume he must have been flummoxed by Bradley Walsh's wrong pronunciation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John seems to be a right geek, might know a lot of the more obscure questions.

He's going for the big money so hope he wins.
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO tonight's team really deserved to win but Mark was just too good for them.
    Don't you think that people who make it to the final chase should , at least, take home a grand each?
  • king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually you're right, Paul had *that* team in Series 5 that got their score pushed back round from 14 to 15 - As for Shaun, that was Series 6, Episode 35 according to my records. :)

So technically both Paul and Shaun lost to 14, with Mark and Anne losing to 15.

Wasn't there a team of 3 this series when they set 14 and Paul lost to them and he scored 12 I think
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you think that people who make it to the final chase should , at least, take home a grand each?

No. Making it to the final chase is easy enough if you choose to not go for the bigger money. The final chase is where you earn (or don't) your money IMO.
  • Francis_ChuFrancis_Chu Posts: 354
    Forum Member

This only happens in the Celebrity episodes.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Watching on ITV now, 18 steps - will they do it?
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone else noticed that if the contestants win the questions the following day are ridiculously hard, as tonight

They don't show the episodes in filming order, so they probably do mix them up to form a narrative of some sorts..
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can tell it’s the summer and channels are simply filling schedule gaps with repeats, I’ve never see The Chase in a late night slot (10:35pm) like it was on ITV last night. Plus we’re getting repeats of ‘You Can’t Be Serious’ a failed sports topical comedy show, from several years ago!
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    You can tell it’s the summer and channels are simply filling schedule gaps with repeats, I’ve never see The Chase in a late night slot (10:35pm) like it was on ITV last night. Plus we’re getting repeats of ‘You Can’t Be Serious’ a failed sports topical comedy show, from several years ago!

Yep it felt funny watching it in the dark again! Plus they had a 56 Up repeat on at 9pm. ITV are so lazy, couldn't they show something decent instead like Benidorm?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shaun is not messing about today and getting rid of this team one by one.

Can Kev save the day?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shaun has never heard of a railway sleeper :o

don'tbanme will have a field day!
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Can someone PLEASE put me out of my misery and tell me what happens if none of the team make the final chase? Do they just not do it, and wouldn't that cut short the programme by 20 mins or so?

This has been driving me insane for ages!
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Can someone PLEASE put me out of my misery and tell me what happens if none of the team make the final chase? Do they just not do it, and wouldn't that cut short the programme by 20 mins or so?

All 4 come back and they choose one to go head to head with the chaser.
    Only the nominated one can go for pushbacks too.
    Prize is 1k each i think if they win.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »

If they are all eliminated then the team select one player who they think is the strongest to play in Final Chase and if he/she wins then they get £1000 each.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    tso wrote: »
    All 4 come back and they choose one to go head to head with the chaser.
    Only the nominated one can go for pushbacks too.
    Prize is 1k each i think if they win.
    If they are all eliminated then the team select one player who they think is the strongest to play in Final Chase and if he/she wins then they get £1000 each.

Ah thank you! I feel like I've watched this show for ages but have never seen that happen!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shaun was doing his best to make it a close thing by pausing for 5 or 6 seconds before passing, however Kev just didn't have the knowledge to capitalise.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A chicken wing sleeve. :D:D:D
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    A chicken wing sleeve. :D:D:D
    I missed the answer to that because my other half insisted on telling me about a stray cat that had just come into the garden.

As a dressmaker and pattern cutter of over 60 years, I don't know what the answer to it could be. From the choices, I assume it must be batwing, but that means a sleeve which starts at the waist, but can end tightly just below the elbow or at the cuff forming a wing under the arm. It doesn't have to to be tight at the cuff only. So if that was the "correct" answer, it was wrong.

I was expecting one of the choices to be leg of mutton, which is loose at the top and tight at the cuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    I missed the answer to that because my other half insisted on telling me about a stray cat that had just come into the garden.

As a dressmaker and pattern cutter of over 60 years, I don't know what the answer to it could be. From the choices, I assume it must be batwing, but that means a sleeve which starts at the waist, but can end tightly just below the elbow or at the cuff forming a wing under the arm. It doesn't have to to be tight at the cuff only. So if that was the "correct" answer, it was wrong.

I was expecting one of the choices to be leg of mutton, which is loose at the top and tight at the cuff.

I guessed batwing which was given as the correct answer but I bow to your expertise in this and it seems The Chase question setter maybe didn't make the question specific enough.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    My interviews with two of The chasers, Anne Hegerty (The Governess) and Mark Labbett (The Beast) are up on my blog for anyone who is interested.
    Any thoughts, comments and shares across social media would be great

Mark: https://pauseliveaction.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/the-chase-usa-exclusive-interview-with-mark-the-beast-labbett/

Anne: https://pauseliveaction.wordpress.com/2013/11/20/the-chase-exclusive-interview-with-anne-the-governess-hegerty/
This discussion has been closed.