The Removal Men

FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
Forum Member
I'm happy this came back tonight! I loved the first series!

Mind you, if I hadn't seen the advert for it in this morning's paper I'd have missed this first one, cos I didn't notice it in the TV mag! Series safely V+ now!

I do miss Jane Horrocks doing the narrating , though.

Comments

• GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That woman had a lot of junk :p
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »

I've never seen one woman own so much .... stuff!
    500 boxes! lol
    She was only a hoarder to compensate for being lonely. Wonder how much of her stuff she threw out seeing as only half of it would've fit in that small house, anyway! :D
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    I've never seen one woman own so much .... stuff!
    500 boxes! lol
    She was only a hoarder to compensate for being lonely. Wonder how much of her stuff she threw out seeing as only half of it would've fit in that small house, anyway! :D

She was a nice old girl. As she said to her brother - now she has him nearby, she can maybe let go of some of her stuff.

The lady that moved to Scotland took the damage to her fridge very well I thought. :eek:
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pickfords have picked some good lads for this a likeable bunch.

That lonely woman seemed a good egg and so did her brother she sure had a lot of stuff though :D

Looking foward to next week with the foreign couple who say "They are not easy" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Didnt enjoy the last removal men .. I think the female voice over got in the way ..
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Sentenza wrote: »
    Pickfords have picked some good lads for this a likeable bunch.

That lonely woman seemed a good egg and so did her brother she sure had a lot of stuff though :D

Looking foward to next week with the foreign couple who say "They are not easy" :D
    Even the American Guys.

But the Hours it took to box all her stuff up...and the Money it costs.:eek:
  • Dean DareDean Dare Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent series.
    Am about to move myself, wanted Pickfords couldn't afford them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    The amount of stuff Francesca had was unbelievable but I really warmed to her at the end when she said to her brother that she didn't need so much stuff now she had him nearby. Bless her.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the removal guy drove his artic to the house in Salisbury, spent from 8am till 3pm loading, then set out on a drive to Fife. he stopped at Crawford services on the M74 - a good 6 hours drive from where he started.

Someone grossly exceeded his driving hours!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Even the American Guys.

But the Hours it took to box all her stuff up...and the Money it costs.:eek:

Yeh the Americans were a happy bunch too.

Last time I moved cost me £85 which included van hire and £10 of diesel.:D

I'm moving again soon luckily I don't have to wait for contracts or anything as I already own the house.
    I might have to get a man and a van for a couple hours that's about it.
    Looking to do it for about £150 this time But easier for me as I'm only moving a mile up the road.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    murphyone wrote: »
    Didnt enjoy the last removal men .. I think the female voice over got in the way ..

I think it was Caroline Quentin on this one who I'm no fan off and can't watch anything she is in but I tried my best to not let her ruin the show for me and I did not have to see her being all smug either which helped :D
    Forum Member
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    But the removal guy drove his artic to the house in Salisbury, spent from 8am till 3pm loading, then set out on a drive to Fife. he stopped at Crawford services on the M74 - a good 6 hours drive from where he started.

Don't think he had driven much, before the drive to Fife, they had already been there 2 days, so there must have been a depot near by.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Two of them were drivers, so maybe they shared the load?
  • Dawn SunDawn Sun Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dean Dare wrote: »
    Excellent series.
    Am about to move myself, wanted Pickfords couldn't afford them

I got three quotes when I moved and they were all much of a muchness. I went with Pickfords though because they gave me loads of boxes and I just had to give them a ring when I wanted them to pick them up and take them away once I'd moved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They said he had driven 8 1/2 hours I guess that included a break.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps they didn't show him stopping anywhere else. I doubt a Pickford's driver would get away with breaking the rules.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It amazed me how little packing or preparation some people seemed to have done before moving. The woman, going to Fife, just picked up her washing basket, full of stuff, and stuck it in a box....
  • cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this series, very interesting! When we moved, we had most things boxed a least a few weeks before, bar the essentals.Moving house is very stressful!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another good show I thought. The couple with the signs! They treated them like children! :eek:
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed it again, is it repeated on TV anywhere?
    Forum Member
    Another good show I thought. The couple with the signs! They treated them like children! :eek:
    From last weeks preview, it made out they were going to be a Pain, but there was a family called Pain instead.;)

They did seem a nice couple....but how the Pain's could lose the money from the first removal, that wasn't, they should sue....someone....over 3k out of pocket.:eek:

And that Fire Engine in the Barn....I WANT ONE.:cool:
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member

I thought all the people featured were nice this week! Funny and entertaining in some cases as well. I like Val moving into her caravans - and her 83 year old Dad!

It's interesting in the first series they never mentioned how much anything cost but they do that about everything in this series!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    I think it was Caroline Quentin on this one who I'm no fan off and can't watch anything she is in but I tried my best to not let her ruin the show for me and I did not have to see her being all smug either which helped :D

Yes Quentin again!! :eek:

She's on a crusade to further ruin Cornwall, inviting more stripey tossr's to come and buy into the holiday home market.:mad:

The smug self centred voice over choice of caroline Quentin.:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MEW TOWN wrote: »
    Yes Quentin again!! :eek:

She's on a crusade to further ruin Cornwall, inviting more stripey tossr's to come and buy into the holiday home market.:mad:

The smug self centred voice over choice of caroline Quentin.:cry:

Never seen her in it ....putting up with her in the removal men is the most I can stand of her :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well edited the week before this one to make the two foreign hipsters look like they were going to be a handful as in fact they were quite nice.