Comments

• CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great yet another HD channel bring them on, the more we have the better
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this channel really needed HD as PQ used to suck so much on the SD one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats great news and a surprise
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't say I've ever watched this channel. But then, I'm not a fatuous, celebrity obsessed, 14 year old girl. (which is whom I suspect this channel aimed at)

I'm sure lots of nice, normal people will watch it too.

HD for everyone! As it should be. Happy days!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't say I've ever watched this channel. But then, I'm not a fatuous, celebrity obsessed, 14 year old girl. (which is whom I suspect this channel aimed at)I'm sure lots of nice, normal people will watch it too.

HD for everyone! As it should be. Happy days!

The fact that you say you have never watched the channel makes your second sentence pretty pointless as you dont know what the channel shows.:rolleyes: I find lots of interesting stuff to watch on it as it sure is not aimed at 14 year old girls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You fact that you say you have never watched the channel makes your comment pretty pointless as you dont know waht it contains.:rolleyes:

I've seen the EPG listings. Anything that focuses on the likes of The Kardashians so heavily has its colours pinned clearly to the proverbial mast.

In the unlikely event that anything should ever catch my eye, I'll be certain to tune in. I'm no channel snob.

In the meantime, all those that do like it are welcome to enjoy it's "pleasures" to their heart's content as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure teenage girls everywhere are delighted that they'll be able to admire shiny, botoxed faces in glorious High Definition. And rightly so.
  • arrasarras Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Nice surprise even though I never watch it!
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I rarely watch it either, I just think it good there is another HD channel on Sky whether I watch it or not. I wish they were all HD.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that you say you have never watched the channel makes your second sentence pretty pointless as you dont know what the channel shows.:rolleyes: I find lots of interesting stuff to watch on it as it sure is not aimed at 14 year old girls.

Really :rolleyes:
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the unlikely event that anything should ever catch my eye, I'll be certain to tune in. I'm no channel snob.

Good for the Emmys. I think E! covers the Golden Globes too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »

Yes will be good to see all the red carpet stuff in HD, also enjoy some of the THS they have. What I have seen tonight looks pretty good quality, far better then the disaster from MTVHD.

Well Done E!
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes will be good to see all the red carpet stuff in HD, also enjoy some of the THS they have. What I have seen tonight looks pretty good quality, far better then the disaster from MTVHD

shock horror. geordielady happy about something!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    shock horror. geordielady happy about something!

But what I don't understand, is that celebrities often come across as vacuous, self obsessed, morons that believe their own hype. So why would somebody as discerning as the above mentioned poster be interested in such a thing?
  • remlapremlap Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    Great add to the pack, just Movies 24 and Style Networks not in HD from Universal Networks/former Comcast?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    But what I don't understand, is that celebrities often come across as vacuous, self obsessed, morons that believe their own hype. So why would somebody as discerning as the above mentioned poster be interested in such a thing?

:D:D:D:D:D
  • poppasmurfpoppasmurf Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just another channel that very few people watch, but that we all have to pay for. Thanks, Sky!
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppasmurf wrote: »
    Just another channel that very few people watch, but that we all have to pay for. Thanks, Sky!
    What are you on about?

Has your subscription all of a sudden increased now E! HD has launched?

You don't pay for E! HD, you pay for the HD pack, which now has one extra channel at no extra cost.

The only thing that will have increased is E!'s invoice from Sky.
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »

I agree will be good to see those for the first time and in HD as well. This channel is also good for THS.
    Forum Member
    poppasmurf wrote: »

I would say that a lot of people watch this channel as they run some very good shows and as Kester K says you aren't paying any extra for it.
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    ANDYW_9 wrote: »
    E! HD Launches on SKY.
    This new HD channel can now be found on Sky channel 151

It is very good news, as I DO watch this channel for E! News, Red Carpet programmes and some other programmes

I see that Sky have started to upgrade their platform from SD to HD, meaning that they can start to switch off the SD channels sometime in the future
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that Sky have started to upgrade their platform from SD to HD, meaning that they can start to switch off the SD channels sometime in the future

i wouldn't bet on it for a very very long time
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    i wouldn't bet on it for a very very long time

Well he did say in the future.