Whatever happened to the golden girl presenters of the 90s

2»

Comments

• barclay55barclay55 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christine the outlook's Bleakley? Bit after a Golden Girl of 90's though?
    Surely Anthea Turner counts? (£5m, £1m, £1000, 50p . . . )
    Anthea's retreated to Tracy Island*, we hope.

* A Bovey Development Site Opportunity for Sale
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or Jenny Powell and Andrea Boardman oh and Phillipa Forrester

Last saw Phillipa on Halcyon River Diaries with her TV/film wildlife producer hubbie and 3 children. That was mid 00's?
    Looked very happy and although mum, still a Golden Girl
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once their looks go and their tits head south its game over for 'em
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On watchdog tonight by god she has aged badly, Bleakley is desperate to return to the BBC now her ITV contract is not going to be renewed.

Rod Hulls daughter Catriona was a presenter on Sky with DJ Kat, she used to get me up in the mornings.:D

Wonder what happened to her?

I thought exactly the same about Fiona Philips. The camera angle was unkind to her. She seems to be reduced to doing the Postcode Lottery ads and scraps for Watchdog. I would not be surprised if she was chosen as a Labour candidate one day.
  • ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,840
    Forum Member
    Anna Walker was another, there were a few on Sky Sports in the early days who are no longer on.

Still, some of them pop up on QVC now and again
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason I sudenly thought of Alison Holloway who was one of Sky's golden girls. I appreciate she had the misfortune to be one of the many women who married Jim Davidson but at one time Sky used her a lot. I recall her interviewing Luciano Pavarotti prior to a concert Sky televised.. She asked if he would mind her calling him ''Lucy'' which was his nickname among friends. He said it wouldn't be a good idea:eek:
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glyn W wrote: »
    She's a decent presenter, but they ought to offer her less than she was getting from them when she left. Just as a pointer to anyone else tempted to chase the money that the grass isn't always greener... ;)

I suspect she might like a return in a high profile position but that seems very unlikely. I can imagine her being used for minor bits of presenting programmes but they have no shortage of able presenters so there would have to be a good reason to use her.
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »

My missus has served her in sainsburys on numerous occasions and said she is a lovely person
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    owl61uk wrote: »
    My missus has served her in sainsburys on numerous occasions and said she is a lovely person

Sorry, that cries out for her tag line to be added: Smillie by name, smiley by nature
    Bonnie lassie.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea Boardman (Stan's daughter)
    There was also a woman who's name I forget who did a bit of presenting in the 90s. She used to be Midge Ure's girlfriend
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrea Boardman (Stan's daughter)
    There was also a woman who's name I forget who did a bit of presenting in the 90s. She used to be Midge Ure's girlfriend

Annabel Giles
    was rich and famous – now just poor and obscure and looks after her son. But she seems to accept this stoically.
  • indenileindenile Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None more golden than Anneka Rice...
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about Juliet Morris?, she used to be the golden girl of BBC Breakfast.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    indenile wrote: »
    None more golden than Anneka Rice...

She went off to have kids IIRC.
    I think she'd kinda had enough of TV too, decided to take herself off, she popped up again in the last year or two because she felt like it.

Don't know why Anthea Turner became persona non grata, seemed pleasant enough to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She went off to have kids IIRC.
    I think she'd kinda had enough of TV too, decided to take herself off, she popped up again in the last year or two because she felt like it.

Don't know why Anthea Turner became persona non grata, seemed pleasant enough to me.

I think you mean Princess TippyToes ... that should make her downfall a bit clearer.... oh and "Flake". :D
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I think you mean Princess TippyToes ... that should make her downfall a bit clearer.... oh and "Flake". :D

Nope sorry that's about a clear as mud, oh yeah pictured at her wedding eating a flake and probably got paid for the advertising/product placement, some sort of heinous crime apparently, unless there's more to it.