Isn't James McCartney odd!

Comments

• Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    He looks so like his dad! But oh dear...Hard work to interview, bless him.
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    milliejo wrote: »
    Maybe Stella wore hand me downs and that inspired her to design clothes that were beautiful.

Where is she hiding them?:D
  • Lovely LadyLovely Lady Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    I just hope James McCartney has another job, because as a singer, he's dreadful!

And, rightly or wrongly, I think every singer needs to have some kind of charisma and personality. Which James just doesn't.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rose*~* wrote: »
    I had never even heard of the man, but just saw a clip on YT and you're right, it is very cringe worthy. Poor interviewer, must have been like pulling teeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJwGJtE8rl8

Nothing natural or spontaneous about this chap, is there?

He doesn't believe in smiling or any of that nonsense haha, I'm just guessing but he may be a bit pee'd off by the nasty comments on you tube, probably thinks he doesn't have to give interviews because no one is interested and is shocked when he is asked questions. Perhaps he went back to the dressing room and cried his heart out at the embarrassment.
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gkmacca wrote: »
    Where is she hiding them?:D

Fashion expert, are you? (I know the answer to that).
    Actually Stella does say she is inspired by her mother - a woman who was constantly criticised for her dress sense. make of that what you will.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James has now released an album and was interviewed on BBC breakfast this morning. Awkward is the word.

It's here, starting around 08.52.

I think he's too introverted to be a front man. Must be ever so hard when everyone asks about your dad all the time, but the other Beatles kids seem to have a bit (by which I mean a lot)more confidence about them.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for his singing, if that's what you call it, he just ain't got what it takes IMO.
    I felt so sorry for the presenters on BBC breakfast today, he was really hard work. Just not cut out for show business I think.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He comes across as very shy and extremely uncomfortable with fame
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    He comes across as very shy and extremely uncomfortable with fame

He does, which makes me wonder why he's pursuing music as a career.
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when he was all over the place a while back and I'm cringing seeing him pop up again. Odd is exactly how I'd describe him and the fact that he looks like a boiled egg while having the talent and personality of a potato doesn't help. :o

I do feel for him in that he lost his mother when young. It's no doubt had a lasting effect. But when someone is as clearly uncomfortable and awkward at being interviewed as JM is maybe they should stay out of the spotlight. I saw him interviewed a year or two ago and really felt awful for the poor sod tasked with trying to get him to converse...it was like pulling teeth. Crazy to go for a career where self-promotion is a big part of it when you hate engaging with the media/viewers to that extent.
  • seawitchseawitch Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give him some slack, please. It isn't always easy being the child of a superstar. Perhaps he is borderline autistic or has self-esteem issues. I remember reading an article about how Paul's latest wife had encouraged James and had given him support and how grateful he was for that support.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seawitch wrote: »
    Give him some slack, please. It isn't always easy being the child of a superstar. Perhaps he is borderline autistic or has self-esteem issues. I remember reading an article about how Paul's latest wife had encouraged James and had given him support and how grateful he was for that support.

I think people are cutting him slack. As I said, I wonder why is he seeking fame and a career in the spotlight when he is clearly a very shy/introverted/thoughtful guy. There are lots of fantastic ways he could contribute to the world and express himself without putting himself through something he's clearly not comfortable with. Writing, art, teaching etc etc.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never actually seen him (except one newspaper picture) prior to watching the video below on YouTube.

I have to agree he does seem rather awkward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyi9Kqo3L5Q
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said, I wonder why is he seeking fame and a career in the spotlight when he is clearly a very shy/introverted/thoughtful guy. There are lots of fantastic ways he could contribute to the world and express himself without putting himself through something he's clearly not comfortable with. Writing, art, teaching etc etc.

This. He could even still make music. You can be a musician without being famous - countless people out there manage it. Maybe he wants the fame/money more than he's letting on?
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of famous people in the arts have children who try to follow in their footsteps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of famous people in the arts have children who try to follow in their footsteps.

But James doesn't seem to want the fame, if his manner in front of a camera is anything to go by. So it's odd he appears to be actively seeking it by going on high profile shows.
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has he been doing up to now for work? He's nearly 36, so he must have kept busy doing something surely.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looks older than his dad and he looks like that Welsh politician(Ron Davies) who was looking for badgers
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw the interview on Breakfast this morning. He didn't seem like he wanted to be there really. Short answers and uncomfortable looking. Him and his sister certainly seem to have missed out on the smiling gene.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    He looks a bit like he has an extra chromosome:o
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    He could make a killing doing adverts and stuff for films and never be seen or interviewed. Instead, he forces himself to do this. He clearly isn't comfortable in front of the camera, he hasn't had any form of media training because he looks like he doesn't even want to be there. If his interviews were job interviews he'd never get hired. Why would anyone do this to himself? Especially when money can't be the biggest motivator...?
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never actually seen him (except one newspaper picture) prior to watching the video below on YouTube.

I have to agree he does seem rather awkward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyi9Kqo3L5Q

Haha...............had to laugh when he said the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy yourself. This coming from one of the most miserable bastads ever to grace the stage !

Wierd !

To be honest he doesnt deserve any slack at all. Instead of getting a real job, he has been handed the chance of a career only BECAUSE of his dad as he isnt good enough to be a singer in his own right. Any sympathy for him that he has some cross to bear because he is a Beatles son is ludicrous as he is only being interviewed and playing and singing on tv with the likes of Ronnie Wood BECAUSE he is a Beatles son. He has the charisma of a potatoe and an off putting air about him where he looks thoroughly pissed off that he has to be interviewed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JasonMason wrote: »
    Maybe he is shy and a little self-conscious?

This would be my thought too. Some people can be just rude for the sake of it.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    This would be my thought too. Some people can be just rude for the sake of it.

Yes. I don't think the comments about his looks are particularly necessary.

But then again, if he really isn't comfortable then he doesn't have to pursue the spotlight, purely because of who his father is. Plenty of offspring of famous people lead quiet lives. It can be done.