Options

Strike Back

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
Forum Member
Anyone here also love the show?

I'm still waiting for the UK release date of Season 4.

The Americans got it before us. :(

Comments

• Options
    Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They appear to have started the new season in August in the States, I can't find the broadcast UK date on the Sky website. Looking forward to it enormously.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there’s some confusion here (not surprising given the circumstances).

Season 1, the series with Richard Armitage as ‘Porter’, was produced solely by Sky and has not (yet) aired in the US.

Season 2, the first series with Scott and Stonebridge, was produced by Sky and Cinemax. It aired as ‘season 2’ in the UK, but ‘season 1’ in the US.

Season 3, still with Scott and Stonebridge aired in the UK and US late last year. For the reasons above, it was called ‘season 2’ in the US.

Season 4, again with Scott and Stonebridge has just started in the US, but they are calling it ‘season 3’ and is due to start in the UK on Sunday 20th October.

To complicate things further, after this new season the US will air the original Season 1, (with Richard Armitage) but call it ‘StrikeBack: Origins’ as they already have a ‘season 1’. Confused? Good. :)

As for the DVDs – we here in the UK are fully up to date. Seasons 1-3 (using my naming system above, not the US one) are already available. There is nothing available in the US that isn’t here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    I think there’s some confusion here
    Not sure what was posted to give that idea but thanks for the UK broadcast date.
  • Options
    Sir_JasperSir_Jasper Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Ah, Strikeback, ridicolous stories, characters but I love it!

Another TV programme I watch is returning in Oct!

I watched an episode season 1 while suffering from Swine Flu and Tamiflu, in the midst of fever I had a very vivid dream that I went to rescue Porter and was stabbed, the wife woken up by my groaning turned on the light to find me in the foetal position clutching my side muttering "i have been stabbed, the b"£stard stabbed me".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    Not sure what was posted to give that idea but thanks for the UK broadcast date.

This is what I assumed was the confusion:
    I'm still waiting for the UK release date of Season 4.

I presumed 'UK release date' was refering to the DVD release date rather than the premier date for the new season on television.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    anyone know why the 3rd series isnt on Sky 2 this week, had it on series link and noticed it wasnt there checking the listings shows they are now showing that unfunny James Corden quiz
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Date of 20 October must have been changed or incorrect, it's not showing up on the Sky guide.

edit

Sky website says 28 October
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday 28th, 9pm.
  • Options
    joebloggs90joebloggs90 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never watched Strike Back before but am looking for something new - do I need to see the previous season or do they stand alone?
  • Options
    Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never watched Strike Back before but am looking for something new - do I need to see the previous season or do they stand alone?

if you have Sky On Demand

they are on there

best to watch series 1 first......... with Richard Armitage - very much a different style of show (superior) to what is airing in the next week or two

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strike_Back_%28TV_series%29

Try not to read the storylines, to not spoil it

Then as the format changes series 2 & 3 onwards, with a different cast and style/budget - think of it as a modern day pinch of salt version of Ultimate Force with boobies
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member

they are on there

best to watch series 1 first......... with Richard Armitage - very much a different style of show (superior) to what is airing in the next week or two

Then as the format changes series 2 & 3 onwards, with a different cast and style/budget - think of it as a modern day pinch of salt version of Ultimate Force with boobies

Not just boobies. I've seen most of the brand new series, just one episode to go. No spoilers but in two scenes from the middle episodes I did sit there and say to myself "my mum watches this"!!! :eek:

I do love the show though. Lots of action and the suddenly, a random sex scene - then - back to the action.
  • Options
    joebloggs90joebloggs90 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

they are on there

Thanks, but I dont have access to the box sets unfortunately :(

I read the wiki and did get the impression S1 was quite different, that's why I was wondering if the other seasons were the same and stood alone.

I also noticed S2 is on just now but nearly finished.
  • Options
    Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, but I dont have access to the box sets unfortunately :(

I read the wiki and did get the impression S1 was quite different, that's why I was wondering if the other seasons were the same and stood alone.

I also noticed S2 is on just now but nearly finished.

Series 1, is very different - more British in style

Series 2 onwards as I said, turns into the explosions/boobs/random scripts fest

It is all harmless and watchable television though

You might be able to catch up on iTunes, Netflix, or even buy them cheap on Amazon, or rent through a dvd service
  • Options
    KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone read the book that inspired the series (called, strangely enough, 'Strike Back' by Chris Ryan)? How does series 1 compare?

I liked the book, but didn't really enjoy the series of Spooks with Richard Armitage as Team Leader (I think it was series 9 where he led the team, in between Hermione Norris and Lara Pulver?) so I didn't watch it, and therefore haven't sought put the subsequent series.
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markynotts wrote: »
    ...but in two scenes from the middle episodes I did sit there and say to myself "my mum watches this"!!! :eek:.
    Not to worry. You're living proof that your Mum knows all about sex.
  • Options
    Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, enjoyed it.....the usual mix of breasts, Boy's Own, bravery etc.
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Good news and bad. HBO Cinemax have announced they and Sky have renewed Strike Back for a 10 episode final series in 2014.
  • Options
    Flash81tFlash81t Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    KnowAll27 wrote: »
    Has anyone read the book that inspired the series (called, strangely enough, 'Strike Back' by Chris Ryan)? How does series 1 compare?

I liked the book, but didn't really enjoy the series of Spooks with Richard Armitage as Team Leader (I think it was series 9 where he led the team, in between Hermione Norris and Lara Pulver?) so I didn't watch it, and therefore haven't sought put the subsequent series.

Yes, its one of my favorite Chris Ryan books, great bit of boys own escapist fun.

S1 of the tv show is very close to the book in my opinion, I think the main difference is TV Porter less broken down and damaged than the one in the book.

I would say the first season is worth a watch, after that it moves away from the book but still keeps the feel of Chris Ryan(if that makes sense), like others have said its Ultimate Force with bigger bangs and loads of boobs!

The production values and locations they film in are close to Hollywood blockbuster standard, making the show as pretty as it is action packed, its never gonna win any realism awards, but is an adrenaline fueled way to waste an hour or so..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not just boobies. I've seen most of the brand new series, just one episode to go. No spoilers but in two scenes from the middle episodes I did sit there and say to myself "my mum watches this"!!! :eek:

Without being too graphic, what are you referring to? Is there full frontal nudity?
    I only ask because Sky broadcast it at 9pm, and I know they’ve been in trouble with Ofcom before over Strike Back and full frontal nudity so soon after the watershed (season 3, I think). Plus Channel 4 have had to edit ‘Masters of Sex’, also shown at 9pm, for the same reason. So I want to know if Sky start editing Strike Back…
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen most of the brand new series, just one episode to go..

I don't suppose you'd care to share how you managed that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    love this show. I loved the original series (the UK one) and the later ones are very different but still really good. Well worth a watch. Stonebridge is rather easy on the eye :)
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    season 1 was good.

the rest are watchable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    I don't suppose you'd care to share how you managed that?

It’s just finished airing in the US on Cinemax, so I presume he’s ‘obtained’ it via other means. ;)
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's brilliant. It's Mission Impossible/James Bond/Bourne brought to the small screen. Every episode is action packed, tense and at times heart wrenching.

Plus the theme song kicks ass.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 4 is awesome, shame about
    Captain Dalton
    though.