Roy Cropper question CS

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As a viewer of Coronation Street for about the past 12 years I didn't understand the comment made by Roy to Sylvia in Friday's episode saying "You're worse than Alec Gilroy." Could someone explain this? I know who Alec Gilroy was, I just didn';t understand his relation to Roy.

Comments

• lulu25lulu25 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sylvia asked Hayley this afterwards and Hayley said Alec took advantage of his mathmatical brain for his own gain. I can't remember this though.
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have posted this on a couple of other threads, hope it answers your question ...

Roy came to Alec's attention via Deirdre.

At the time, Roy lived in one of the flats that Mike Baldwin owned on Crimea Street. Roy shared the building with Deirdre and a couple of other residents here and there.

Alec was running Sunliners, the travel agents and Deirdre worked with him there. Alec became aware of Roy's eccentricites through Deirdre when he was looking for acts to reignite his career as a talent agent/manager.

Alec also set his sights on Maxine as a possible new 'starlet' but her nose was pushed out of joint when her colleague Fiona Middleton got given the spotlight as she could sing and Maxine couldn't
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankyou all :) I must have missed the part where it got explained, I tend to zone out of Coronation Street at the moment :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i was bit surprised Roy actually knows Alec Gilroy..i didnt think he did..so hes been in corrie all that time .wow :D