are many Wii U titles going to use the Wiimotes and nunchucks?

gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
Forum Member
✭✭✭
as im selling my Wii and all the stuff that goes with it.

im not planning on playing Wii games on the new console, i feel BC seems pointless

have a red Wii with 2 red Wiimotes,a CC pro and a SNES cc which came from Japan,

Comments

• CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes.

Most games will use the Wii remote/nunchuk for multiplayer at least ...and a number of games have alternative modes if you want to use them instead of the game pad (not a bad option to have considering the fairly short battery life of the all singing, all dancing gamepad). Some games won't even play without the Wii remote (Just Dance 4 Wii U for example) and some of the multiplayer Nintendoland games require motionplus Wii remotes.

Games like Little Inferno and Trine 2 are actually better with the Wii remote/nunchuk for tv play IMO (as otherwise you tend to have to look at the gamepad screen for a chunk of the game ..almost all the game for Little Inferno)...

...and many prefer to play games like Call of Duty BLOPS2 on the Wii U with the wii remote due to the faster/more accurate pointer aim.

I think the Wiimote/nunchuk combo is actually being pushed as the prefered control option for games like Pikmin 3 as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm keeping all my Wii and acessories. Don't see the point in getting rid of it tbh.
    Nintendo have only just released Wii U branded Wii Remotes and Nunchucks so I imagine we won't forget about the original Wii any time soon :)