iphone 5s .... Which one?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
Forum Member
Could I please get your opinions on which I should get, either the white/ silver ( which I can get today) or the gold ( which I'll have to wait for). :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    It depends on which colour you prefer. No one can tell you that!! Apart from the colour, they are both the exact same phones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Stiggles wrote: »
    It depends on which colour you prefer. No one can tell you that!! Apart from the colour, they are both the exact same phones.

That's the problem, I like both :o! Just wondered what the general consensus was!
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Are you seriously asking which colour to get :confused:

Have iphone users now lost the ability to even decide colour :D
  • jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daft question but my guess is the gold will have the better resale value ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    swordman wrote: »
    Are you seriously asking which colour to get :confused:

Have iphone users now lost the ability to even decide colour :D

Oh, for heavens sake! I just thought it would be interesting and a bit of fun! Just relax your Apple/ Android prejudices & relax!!
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I decided not to renew my phone with Apple this year but in my opinion I would've went with the Space Grey but my second choice would've been the Silver. The gold looked too tacky for me but it's down to personal choice.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Get the colour you really want.. a small wait is far better than 18-24 months of regret.
    Get the 64Gb if you can afford it, I regretted getting only 32Gb last time.

I got white/silver
    Forum Member
    I would personally go for the grey. Not keen on silver and the gold is just tacky and a bit chavvy!
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd go for the grey too probably. Has anyone seen a gold one? Out reports seem to say its actually quite nice and not as tacky as it could have been. Presumably all those high end stereo separates in a similar colour weren't chavvy.
    Forum Member
    calico_pie wrote: »
    I'd go for the grey too probably. Has anyone seen a gold one? Out reports seem to say its actually quite nice and not as tacky as it could have been. Presumably all those high end stereo separates in a similar colour weren't chavvy.

Oh for gods sake. It's a personal opinion. And yes, i though gold separates were incredibly tacky. I preferred black and still buy black amps etc.

I saw a gold one when i was in Manchester last week before we flew out and it was horrific. But again, that's my opinion and i would say that to any phone coloured the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh for Gods sake yourself. Calm down, take a deep breath and count to ten. And maybe try not to over react to everything.
    Forum Member
    calico_pie wrote: »
    Oh for Gods sake yourself. Calm down, take a deep breath and count to ten. And maybe try not to over react to everything.

I've got a better idea. How about you stop making comments to provoke people which you constantly do.

I said i disliked the gold colour as in my opinion it was tacky. But no, you couldn't just accept that could you? You take it as a personal insult against apple as always. Then you came with a ridiculously stupid counter argument about high end separates designed to provoke. Grow up for goodness sake.

Oh and while your at it, maybe take 10 mins away from the forum, go out the house and do something.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    I would go for Gold as i think it looks stunning , i have the iPohne 5 and thats in white, do they not make them in White now?
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    I thought the gold wouldn't look nice, a bit tacky as mentioned, but once i had one in my hand i actually liked it.. looks great. Don't like gold anything personally.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    I've got a better idea. How about you stop making comments to provoke people which you constantly do.

I said i disliked the gold colour as in my opinion it was tacky. But no, you couldn't just accept that could you? You take it as a personal insult against apple as always. Then you came with a ridiculously stupid counter argument about high end separates designed to provoke. Grow up for goodness sake.

Oh and while your at it, maybe take 10 mins away from the forum, go out the house and do something.

Agree with this.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the above comment that if you get a gold one, there's a chance it will have a higher resale value because of rarity, but personally I wouldn't get one because I don't like yellow gold coloured stuff (or yellow gold).:D
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't bring myself to order a gold phone personally - even if it may potentially have a higher resale value. Call me boring but 'Space Grey' is more appealing to me (and far easier to get hold of).
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I chose the space grey as i like the black front.
    The gold isn't as bad as I expected its quite pale.
    Both the gold and silver phones have a white front - would definitely choose the silver over the gold if I liked the white front.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh please. You seriously think what I posted in post 10 was provocative? Is that a joke? I even agreed with you about the grey!

How on earth you took a comment about how most reports have said that it's not as tacky looking as they thought it might as provocative is beyond me. Especially as you hadn't said at that point that you'd seen one.
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're all getting irate about COLOUR CHOICES?

Don't think this is quite the forum to be discussing colour choices on a phone.

And no matter what colour you get .... you can always get a case to slap over the top and give it a new lease of life ....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    I'm getting silver delivered tomorrow:D. I've always had black iPhones. So I'm looking forward to having white for a change
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    clonmult wrote: »
    You're all getting irate about COLOUR CHOICES?

Don't think this is quite the forum to be discussing colour choices on a phone.

And no matter what colour you get .... you can always get a case to slap over the top and give it a new lease of life ....

I agree. That's why I don't see the point of iPhone 5c. Don't matter to much about colour,especially on the back of it,most people have a case on it.
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    I went for space grey but that decision was partly made for stock reasons. Had stock levels been equal I probably would have gone for silver as I wasn't that keen on the gold, although I will say that having seen one in an Apple store a few days ago it looked better in the flesh than it did in the pictures
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already got a 5 so won't be getting one, also haven't seen the phone in person yet but going by pictures on the net I'd be going for the space grey one
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was me I'd would go for the silver one, but if you like to "show off" your phone then go for the gold (it must be getting a popular colour if HTC and Samsung are also going to bring out gold phones soon).