My Take On "Boring" Sam And Sophie

ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,099
Forum Member
✭✭
People say that Sam and Sophie are boring. Well, to be fair, how do we know that when they hardly get shown? For all we know, they could be the life and soul of the house, but because we don't see them, I don't think we can form a proper opinion of whether they're boring or not.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    People say that Sam and Sophie are boring. Well, to be fair, how do we know that when they hardly get shown? For all we know, they could be the life and soul of the house, but because we don't see them, I don't think we can form a proper opinion of whether they're boring or not.
    Basically how it works is that when people do interesting stuff or get into big dramas, it gets shown on TV. The boring stuff doesn't. It's not like Sam and Sophie are getting up to all sorts of wild, crazy antics and Big Brother are saying, "Meh, that's a little too entertaining, let's not show that".
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    They were shown plenty tonight...

Were you entertained?
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Were you entertained?

Put it this way - I'd rather see people being themselves and being there for the experience than people being confrontational, argumentative, (etc).
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Put it this way - I'd rather see people being themselves and being there for the experience than people being confrontational, argumentative, (etc).

So you enjoyed tonights show?

That's great if true, someone's got to.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Were you entertained?

Seeing Sam and Sophie interact tonight was like pulling teeth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What if confrontational, argumentative people are just being themselves?
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather watch them then listen to Charlie, Dexter and Callum drag out conversations for the whole show. Seriously is it any surprise we don't see much of anyone else when these 3 go on and on and on all the time ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What if confrontational, argumentative people are just being themselves?

Like Sallie? No, thanks.
  • JayUK69JayUK69 Posts: 1,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why I won't vote them out over Dan. They do seem dull, but that is only because stupid storylines like Hazel & Daley, the non existent love triangle between Dexter, Charlie & Callum, Detective Dan and his constant bitchy, nasty, vile ways, the twins fake comedy act etc... they haven't had a chance to shine yet. I think they both have potential once the likes of Dan, Hazel the twins and Callum have been kicked out. Unfortunately, that'll probably be too late.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same. Back in the old days of BB everyone, even the ones that didn't do as much as others, got pretty much the same amount of airtime. If they shown us more of the so called "boring" ones then maybe we could have a fair opinion of them. I can't really see how it's fair that Sophie and Sam get labelled boring if they don't get any airtime, what does Callum, Hazel, Dexter, Charlie or Gina do that makes them more entertaining than them ?
  • pookiesboopookiesboo Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When people are called boring on Big Brother, it usually because they're just normal
  • JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VOTE SAM OUT. Dont just say what a shame about the boring ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Basically how it works is that when people do interesting stuff or get into big dramas, it gets shown on TV. The boring stuff doesn't. It's not like Sam and Sophie are getting up to all sorts of wild, crazy antics and Big Brother are saying, "Meh, that's a little too entertaining, let's not show that".
    I don't think that's true. BB will always go for an easy 'story' - a romance or a fight - rather than the ordinary ways housemates amuse themselves. If you don't have a romance or a fight you will just be edited out, no matter what you say or do.

Were you entertained?

Yes, it was nice to see them a bit more tonight. :) I really, really wish they had been given a nice week in the house like Gina and Dexter were. How much more fun it would have been to watch them watching the house and setting the tasks, and knowing that they were immune.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Tonights show was the worst show of the series, and thats Sam and Sophies doing.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah. Its all the editors fault, even though the show is descending into awful levels of boredom the producers are secretly burning all the footage of Sophie being amazingly charismatic because they want to make the show boring lose viewers and get cancelled just to spite her and Sam. Of course. That's exactly what it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JayUK69 wrote: »
    That's why I won't vote them out over Dan. They do seem dull, but that is only because stupid storylines like Hazel & Daley, the non existent love triangle between Dexter, Charlie & Callum, Detective Dan and his constant bitchy, nasty, vile ways, the twins fake comedy act etc... they haven't had a chance to shine yet. I think they both have potential once the likes of Dan, Hazel the twins and Callum have been kicked out. Unfortunately, that'll probably be too late.

People like Rachel Rice, who the majority of FM members like on here, was mostly put to one side for most of the show because it mostly focussed on people like Luke and Bex, as they were looking for airtime and being nasty and bitchy, which nowadays, is what gets shown on the HL shows. Rachel didn't do these things, and so didn't get shown as much, which is why some people called her boring. But it's not as if she didn't get involved with anything, because she did. She was shown a lot on the Live Feed and some really good things that she said and did weren't shown on the HLs. Rachel herself recently said on her Twitter page that she doesn't think she would have won if there wasn't any Live Feed.
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Same. Back in the old days of BB everyone, even the ones that didn't do as much as others, got pretty much the same amount of airtime. If they shown us more of the so called "boring" ones then maybe we could have a fair opinion of them. I can't really see how it's fair that Sophie and Sam get labelled boring if they don't get any airtime, what does Callum, Hazel, Dexter, Charlie or Gina do that makes them more entertaining than them ?

I don't consider a boring housemate as someone who doesn't get shown on the HL. For me, a boring HM is someone who only really shows us one aspect of their personality. Take Sallie, for example. She dominated the whole first week, but all we saw of her was her being gobby and being nasty about other people. We didn't see her doing anything else and by the end of that first week, I felt she was ruining the whole show. I was bored of her and wanted her out.
  • RixionRixion Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonights show was the worst show of the series, and thats Sam and Sophies doing.

It really was sleep inducing.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're the epitome of fence sitting bores who have no interest in getting involved emotionally. If they wanted to impress they should have opted out of the safe house this week & decided to face an eviction night, so they could experience every aspect of BB.
    Instead they were more than happy to move into the safe house where they could evade nominations & spend another week sat on the fence enjoying luxuries & an easy time. But the joke's on them & if there's any justice one of them should go Friday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Really? It wasn't THAT bad! It was fine.
  • twigs2001twigs2001 Posts: 467
    Forum Member

The answer to your question lies within the question....they don't get shown because they do SOD ALL SHOCK HORROR :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twigs2001 wrote: »
    The answer to your question lies within the question....they don't get shown because they do SOD ALL SHOCK HORROR :eek:

I see plenty off Sam on the live feed but they never put him on the HL's. All they show is Dexter, Charlie and Callum talk rubbish.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately BB are more interested in forcing Dazel and the 'love triangle' down our throats. Nobody else got a look in because they somehow think we are all suckers for a showmance :rolleyes:
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't consider a boring housemate as someone who doesn't get shown on the HL. For me, a boring HM is someone who only really shows us one aspect of their personality. Take Sallie, for example. She dominated the whole first week, but all we saw of her was her being gobby and being nasty about other people. We didn't see her doing anything else and by the end of that first week, I felt she was ruining the whole show. I was bored of her and wanted her out.
    I agree with you re. Sallie. It was too much, she had no other side to her.

Sam's been shown quite a lot on the live feed, and I've enjoyed watching him, especially his chats with Gina.

Sophie's shown a bit more tonight, but she doesn't do much for me. I'd rather she left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe because they do not do exciting stuff. For me personally I want to be entertained. I think they are nice but I just get a meh reaction when they are on. I don't think BB cares if Sam or Sophie goes because they need HMs that make audience talk and ATM it's not S or S.

I for one hope that they change my mind because we have all week still.
  • twigs2001twigs2001 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I see plenty off Sam on the live feed but they never put him on the HL's. All they show is Dexter, Charlie and Callum talk rubbish.

Surely your going to see him, thats inevitable in a small house and especially in the safehouse where he has no choice but to talk to sophie (even then he says very little) but i bet he isn't doing anything other then lying down somewhere mumbling a couple of words. hes a complete non-entity....look at when dex/gina & hazel/daley were in the safehouse, they featured in most of the highlights, with sam & sophie you don't see half as much because they are completely uninteresting people, why BB pick this guy to go into the house out of thousands of others i have no idea.

Big brother even gives them their first safe house assignment to ask questions in the diary room and they even manage to make that a complete BORE...