Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why have I seen about 5 different versions of the go compare advert in 2 days?? Are they just putting anything on now?

Yes so have I. In fact my Mum said this evening when one was on, that it was the very first one they did. ( God knows how or why she'd remember that!:eek:) I'm guessing and I really hope I'm wrong, that they have run out of their current ads, and are re-running them whilst they make more. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    another one I like but have no idea what it's about, is the chap speaking very fast, he is in a wheelchair, and also in another he has a pregnant wife, all parts played by him.

I saw it earlier too, think it must be for agroup of care homes or something
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes so have I. In fact my Mum said this evening when one was on, that it was the very first one they did. ( God knows how or why she'd remember that!:eek:) I'm guessing and I really hope I'm wrong, that they have run out of their current ads, and are re-running them whilst they make more. :mad:

God I hope not!

It was the silent movie one and cavemen ones I noticed were the older ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Lol I'll hang my head in shame with you as I'm watching it too :p

They are weird adverts, but a change from 'ello, are you a foxy lady.' :)

I can't stand that woman (the cheeky bingo one), I actually have to turn the tv off because she's so revolting. She looks anaemic too!
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the co op advert that advertises a sale on beer.

and then says

...'good with food'.

It's beer mate.

Don't tempt them. The poor V/O chap has enough on his plate trying to pronounce 'gewid with fewid'.:D
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Just heard a Wonga.com ad on the radio with lyrics to the theme of Mr Sandman :eek:

Yes, I hear that one all day on the radio.."Mr Wonga..from Wonga.com..wongawongawongawong...",etc :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mel_drew wrote: »
    It's a flame?? Wow! Who'd a' thought it? I assumed it was a doggy pile. Suggesting that EDF were producing power from animal excrement.
    easy mistake....
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    darkisland wrote: »
    Don't tempt them. The poor V/O chap has enough on his plate trying to pronounce 'gewid with fewid'.:D

The "poor chap" (John Hannah) is most definitely clearly and correctly saying good with food. It's the Scottish accent. I would say it exactly the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God. I can't remember what advert it is. I think it is for a TV thing. A man tries to throw away a stuffed rabbit Dog toy then the dog appears, stares at the man then manages to turn on the telly and show a montage of its life with this stuffed toy then stares at the man again until he lets him keep the toy.
    That....is creepy. Besides. It's the Mans house and you are his dog. Obey or Die. Simple. :) And how has that got ANYTHING to do with whatever it was advertising. Like the little dancing blob thing. How is that energy related? Still, how is a man with moustache singing related to car insurance? And how is a Meerkat related to car insurance? Well, i'll give them that one as at first it was like "Don't go to my site of Compare the Meekat, go to Compare the Market!" So it kind of worked. I'll let them get away with that. :)
    Its for advertising I think.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Findaproperty.com... just WHAT THE HELL? it's so weird and annoying! :eek:

THEY REALLY NEED TO STOP SHOWING THOSE WOWCHER ADVERTS!:mad::mad::mad:
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do advertisers choose children with the most disgusting table manners to advertise food - e.g. the two boys in the Jolly Green Giant shovelling the food into their faces? This one has put me off sweetcorn for life, and can't have done anything for the company's trade sales.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do advertisers choose children with the most disgusting table manners to advertise food - e.g. the two boys in the Jolly Green Giant shovelling the food into their faces? This one has put me off sweetcorn for life, and can't have done anything for the company's trade sales.

I agree, they pick children with the most appalling table manners to advertise food
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »

I always hear it as "Gud with fud". Wtf's a fud?
    tinkie wrote: »
    I agree, they pick children with the most appalling table manners to advertise food

Just having kids in adverts annoys me
  • hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahaha! Oh the snob value is priceless. Table manners indeed!

They're kids.

:D
  • GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always hear it as "Gud with fud". Wtf's a fud?

...must...resist...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hardylane wrote: »

They're kids.

What's snobbish about that, I'm sorry, but manners generally mean something to me, they are free.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Find a Property - NO! Why have they brought this crap back?! :mad:

BT Infinity 2 - I hate EVERYONE involved in this advert. The part where the guy badly sings 'Hungry Like The Wolf' makes me want to kick the TV! :mad:

Sky - Seriously cannot stand the whole Fairytales theme going on in these adverts.

Go Compare - I just saw the silent movie version. Are you seriously just going to keep playing the same crappy ads with the opera git?! :mad:

Autoglass - AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!! *throws radio out window* :mad:

Galaxy - FFS, will you get a NEW advert please? This one is like SIX years old now! :mad:
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
    Polyfiller ad with twee female cover of Don't Leave Me This Way!!!! :mad:

Even has an ironic line about using the 'original' :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The damn crap pile of steaming dog poo that is the rapping advert about finding a property - can't remember what its for thank god but its based around him and his pregnant wife, its bloody awful. A really poor attempt at rapping and everytime its on I turn the telly over
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hardylane wrote: »

They're kids.

Also, I do not put my elbows on the table. or eat peas off my knife, hardylane; and they are not baby goats, they are children who need to be taught how to behave properly in company.
    Good manners are snob value, or an acceptable way of life? Let's agree to differ. P.S Don't expect an invitation to dinner at my house any time in the future.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked them at first but now I really don't like the 'poetry' style adverts where you have someone saying something profound whilst you are shown different images. The best one was for cathedral city but there are so many of them now. I cannot stand the quality solicitors one which is the latest to do this style of advertising.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the find a property ad, reminds me a bit of Monty Python!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that one as an ad for piracy, there's no way he can get to his laptop, open iTunes, search for Duran Duran's albums, buy them all and download in in that amount of time, and it's definatly not iTunes he's shown using.

That is exactly what my daughter said.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bondgirl1 wrote: »
    I liked them at first but now I really don't like the 'poetry' style adverts where you have someone saying something profound whilst you are shown different images. The best one was for cathedral city but there are so many of them now. I cannot stand the quality solicitors one which is the latest to do this style of advertising.

Yes, I hate these too. It was OK when just one advert does it but now there are like 5 of these. I've seen one for Magnet and even TK Bloody Maxx! :mad:
  • KubrickKubrick Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Press_Esc wrote: »
    THAT black guy dancing around like a queen faerie promoting some hydration drink in partnership with the 2012 Olympics.

That's the one I was going to suggest. It has to be the most over the top advert for a drink ever produced.

I don't like that new Philadelphia one, with the woman who goes on about having 'three fussy boys'... it starts off with her saying something really ludicrous along the lines of 'Because I'm a mum I don't have time to cook meals', before proceeding to sling a load of plastic refined carbs together with a tub of the Philly to make some kind of macaroni cheese thing. Bullshit love, you're just a crap lazy housewife who probably sits around watching ITV all day, playing about on Facebook during ad breaks!! There's plenty of parents out there who are working and can still feed their families decently, so pull the other one!!

Just because the fictional housewife in the advert is too lazy to cook a proper meal, it doesn't mean that all housewives/stay-at-home-Mums are lazy. It's a twenty four hour job. I've always worked. Working is easy. You work for an alloted amount of time, get days off, have breaks, you can ring in sick in the morning if you haven't slept in days or are sick, you also have the social interaction of your colleagues. You don't get any of that when you're a stay-at-home-Mum as I soon found out when I quit my job temporally to be a stay-at-home-Mum.

Believe it or not, it's not the fairies who sit up all night breast feeding and nappy changing the baby and then gets up in the morning, having had not even five minutes sleep, and spends the entire day washing, cooking, ironing and cleaning the house, nor was it the fairies who washed, fed and looked after the kids either.

I've always worked, but I spent five years as a stay-at-home-Mum before I returned back to work and it was the hardest period of time in my life.

Mums are allowed to have a break. It doesn't make them lazy. Nor are they slaves, even if many of them are treated as such.

Absolutely sick to death of ignorant prats talking out of their arse about something they've never experienced.
This discussion has been closed.