Receptionist who put the call through

Comments

• Marie_EbbMarie_Ebb Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Why you've quoted two of my posts there I really don't know, but I do agree this thread should be moved to General Discussion. It's turned very nasty over the last two or three pages.

That's where this discussion started, but it was deleted, then it was started up in the Showbiz forum by Geneve who was after the DJ's blood.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marie_Ebb wrote: »
    That's where this discussion started, but it was deleted, then it was started up in the Showbiz forum by Geneve who was after the DJ's blood.

IMO it should have had the padlock on it when people started swearing at one another. I'm sure if I'd done it, I'd have got a ban.
    Forum Member
    IMO it should have had the padlock on it when people started swearing at one another. I'm sure if I'd done it, I'd have got a ban.

It's the holiday season or preferential treatment for some untouchable forum members.
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Both died. I tried my best, they both died, I wept this evening thinking of the christmas presents inthe boot of the car, putting his broken specs in my pocket. Only today I noticed the blood smeared across my ID card. So yeah, I think I have empathy."........

I was not going to contribute here any further but something about this comment bothered me....was this person within their right to remove and retain the personal item of an accident victim? is this not the job of the police/rescue services? surely a health professional would not post such graphic details of something that would be undergoing investigation as it happened so recently?
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or, possibly, removed during the course of treatment ....
    Forum Member
    "Both died. I tried my best, they both died, I wept this evening thinking of the christmas presents inthe boot of the car, putting his broken specs in my pocket. Only today I noticed the blood smeared across my ID card. So yeah, I think I have empathy."........

I was not going to contribute here any further but something about this comment bothered me....was this person within their right to remove and retain the personal item of an accident victim? is this not the job of the police/rescue services? surely a health professional would not post such graphic details of something that would be undergoing investigation as it happened so recently?

I think it's all fiction
  • dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If it happened, it's very disrespectful to the deceased and their families to post such an anecdote within hours of the tragedy, to make some sort of point on an entertainment forum.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

At least he didn't pinch the Christmas presents as well as the specs. ;)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please don't encourage them to return.

It was pathetic enough the first time round.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »

Have to agree.. And it got quite nasty at times.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm directly told I should not be working in healthcare. In the most recent post by the charming Marie I am told that I have suicidal tendencies rather than fleeting thoughts. And yet I am the nasty one? Pathetic as is the early comment "like something from casualty". Frankly I am done with this thread and the unsympathetic, compassionless trolls who inhabit it.
    It did happen. I have just given an 18 page statement to the police and the fire brigade incident commander told me to put the things in my pocket.
    Forum Member
    Depression is a very common problem.

Many people feel ‘low’ or ‘down in the dumps’ at times, but for some people the problem becomes much worse and ‘normal’ life becomes difficult.

In its mildest form, depression does not stop a person from leading a normal life - however, there is cause for concern if it affects your daily life.

You should seek help if your depression does not seem to be getting any better and seek urgent help if you are having thoughts of death or suicide (killing yourself).

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en/MentalHealthSelfCare/Depression-LowMood

This is off a NHS website. I now refer back to this post

MC_Satan wrote: »
    I have been seriously depressed. Following split from wife, not seeing kids. Had fleeting suicidal thoughts but never would act on them. Now back at work, like the normality of acute psychiatry and have a hell of a lot of empathy! I do wish you all a happy xmas and hope there are no hard feelings. Certainly none on my side :-) x
    Mercier wrote: »
    Actually no, MC_Satan comes across as pragmatic, knowledgeable, intelligent, sobre and rightfully indignant a member troubled member of the board.

Give me an MC_Satan as my nurse practioner any day.

Are you still sticking with that or was it just said to get at another forum member?

I for one wouldn't want some suicidal (fleeting or not) depressed nurse looking after me, especially one who flies off the handle so readily :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en/MentalHealthSelfCare/Depression-LowMood

This is off a NHS website. I now refer back to this post

I did seek help.

Are you still sticking with that or was it just said to get at another forum member?

I for one wouldn't want some suicidal (fleeting or not) depressed nurse looking after me, especially one who flies off the handle so readily :rolleyes:

I do not fly off the handle. I had a traumatic day and to be honest the way people had been questioning my professionalism made me very angry. Unsurprisingly. Marie, you come across as rather easily irritated and cynical.
    Forum Member
    I'm directly told I should not be working in healthcare. In the most recent post by the charming Marie I am told that I have suicidal tendencies rather than fleeting thoughts. And yet I am the nasty one? Pathetic as is the early comment "like something from casualty". Frankly I am done with this thread and the unsympathetic, compassionless trolls who inhabit it.
    It did happen. I have just given an 18 page statement to the police and the fire brigade incident commander told me to put the things in my pocket.

I am a troll because a point of view is different to yours

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2011/06/surgeons-depression-suicidal-thoughts-care.html

This is from a qualified physician who even has letters after his name. He talks about surgeons who have suicidal thoughts.
    Doctors who made a medical error were three times more likely to have suicidal thoughts
    Forum Member
    I do not fly off the handle. I had a traumatic day and to be honest the way people had been questioning my professionalism made me very angry. Unsurprisingly. Marie, you come across as rather easily irritated and cynical.

No not at all, I'm quite easy going. Just don't like witch hunts, it is not me that blew a gasket on here so my irritability isn't in question, yours however... Wasn't other forum members professionalism questioned? I think it was. On an online forum we only have the say so of who you are and what qualifications you have, it cannot be proven.
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »

One has never left: (MC_Satan)
    Have to agree.. And it got quite nasty at times.

It was on par with bear baiting from the two males. One angry at a misunderstood post and another who simply likes to cause trouble with the weaker members
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've apologised and said I did not mean to offend. What more do you want? I've reported my own posts as potentially offensive and irrelevant.
    No need to continue to be sarcastic. Just leave it alone and move on.
    Forum Member
    I've apologised and said I did not mean to offend. What more do you want? I've reported my own posts as potentially offensive and irrelevant.
    No need to continue to be sarcastic. Just leave it alone and move on.

I doubt your own posts were reported or you would have been banned along with your mate Mercier, some of the things you two have said were disgusting. Yet people are banned for calling other members pricks?

Luckily for you your mates in admin have pruned the more offensive posts but I read them and so did others. I think it's an injustice that certain members can say anything without being banned, it's not on.

I suppose now I will get accused of being sarcastic or abusive or irritable, but I will still never come close to anything you have written :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for your mate Mercier to show up now, he usually does when you're being told a few home truths
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine it takes a while to look into alerts. Given that I only reported myself 1\2 an hour ago I'm unsurprised that the ban hammer hasn't hit yet. It's not up to me who admin ban or not, so that cannot be placed at my door.
    As I say I have apologised for any offense. There is nothing left for me to do or say. Let it go.
    Forum Member
    I imagine it takes a while to look into alerts. Given that I only reported myself 1\2 an hour ago I'm unsurprised that the ban hammer hasn't hit yet. It's not up to me who admin ban or not, so that cannot be placed at my door.
    As I say I have apologised for any offense. There is nothing left for me to do or say. Let it go.

An apology you edited in after a lot of insults within the same post. An apology that wasn't directed at the forum member you offended.

Again I am still waiting for Mercier
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An apology you edited in after a lot of insults within the same post. An apology that wasn't directed at the forum member you offended.

I apologised to all not a short while ago. Why are you continuing to badger me? Leave it alone now.
    Forum Member
    I apologised to all not a short while ago. Why are you continuing to badger me? Leave it alone now.

This is exactly what you were doing yesterday. What's the job? What qualifications? You're all domestic staff, no one has more qualifications than me. What arrogance.

I am leaving now as I have a dog to walk, The floor is yours
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

With respect, while I agree with everything you've said above, and that the two posters concerned made ego-driven asses of themselves, why try to re-ignite something that burnt out 2 days ago?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a nice walk. :-)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lest all calm it a little..