Who's to blame

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I like many others are still awaiting delivery of Blops 2 from Amazon but who's to blame for this. Amazon or Royal Mail ?. I did notice that the game is getting some bad reviews on Amazon and I think it's uncalled for and wrong. It's not the game that's bad. It's the delivery part that's gone bad but all these bad reviews are imo, going to hurt the game and the developers and that's just not right.

I pre-ordered the game back in the beginning of last month and still haven't received it. Is anyone else still waiting for theirs ?.

Comments

• c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its a delivery issue, then this wouldn't be the fault of Amazon as long as they dispatched the item in the first place;)
    But you only have their word on that.

After 15 days you can claim for non delivery anyway via Amazon who will either have to refund you or supply a new copy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to add a third option Amazon, Royal Mail or You

What was so wrong that pre ordering in a shop and going to pick it up yourself was not an option, i know a lot of people like to pre order online in the hopes it might come a day or two early and if that is the case then this should a lesson to you, you won't get it early from a shop but you get it on launch day
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I could have gone to the shop and bought the game but instead I chose to pre-order from Amazon. I have been doing that for long enough and never had any problems until now. The point is, when someone guarantees delivery on a certain date then it should be stuck too. Amazon had plenty of time to make sure those pre-orders were sent out in time and Royal Mail to make sure they were delivered in time. I won't be making the same mistake twice though. From now on, I'll get all my games from the shop on day of release.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon really messed up my pre-order of the new WoW expansion. Admittedly I went for the free delivery, but it was still 2 days after release when I recieved it, when they can get other things out next day on this service usually. It didn't even ship until 5pm of the day of release! The cheeky bar stewards then cut the price by £5 the following day, 7 hours after shipping the pre-orders at the higher price. I complained and got a refund of the £5 (which they did twice and let me keep) so I can't really moan, but there was no reason the game shouldn't have been shipped at 5pm on the day before the delivery.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never had a problem with pre-orders with Amazon until the last couple of weeks.

Pre-ordered Assassins Creed 3 and it arrived on the day but it was for the PS3 even though the order was clearly for the Xbox 360 and even had the picking note inside with it saying the 360 edition. Amazon's fault.

They resent the right copy but this took 3 days to get to me after dispatch. Royal Mail's fault.

Pre-ordered Halo 4 and Amazon didn't dispatch it until late afternoon the day before delivery.
    It then got to me 2 days later. I'd assume a combination of Amazon and Royal Mail's fault!

Pre-orders will be from Play from now on.especially as i've had games early from them in the past.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pre-ordered bops1 from amazon and it took over a week to get to my house, i'm thinking its amazon.
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I'd like to add a third option Amazon, Royal Mail or You

What was so wrong that pre ordering in a shop and going to pick it up yourself was not an option, i know a lot of people like to pre order online in the hopes it might come a day or two early and if that is the case then this should a lesson to you, you won't get it early from a shop but you get it on launch day

Wow, back off the high horse. Loads of people order online with no intention of getting the game early.

Ridiculous statement.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I always pre-order two copies, one each from different suppliers.

At least one of them has always turned up. Luckily, one of my mates is always way too lazy to either bother pre-ordering or even nipping to a shop to get it, so I just pass the second copy off to him as soon as it arrives.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, back off the high horse. Loads of people order online with no intention of getting the game early.

Ridiculous statement.

Ok not everyone does, but the vast majority

Why do you think shopto is so popular
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok not everyone does, but the vast majority

Why do you think shopto is so popular

If it was the 'vast majority' then why is Amazon more popular than Shopto? Notice this thread is about Amazon?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was the 'vast majority' then why is Amazon more popular than Shopto? Notice this thread is about Amazon?

ok but then this thread is about amazon, but my point stands
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok but then this thread is about amazon, but my point stands

What point?
    You placed a third blame on the thread starter because you assumed they wanted to get the game early. Ordering online from any supplier (Inc Shopto) does not mean that they want the game early. It is ridiculous to say so.

Then chuck in the fact that this thread was about Amazon, your point is really misdirected.
    Not everyone wants the game early, some people just want the game delievered to their door morning of release as Amazon are supposed to 'guarantee'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iv'e never had a game early from Amazon. That isn't my intention but they usually deliver on day of release, until now. I'm still waiting for Blops 2.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I haven't received my copy from Amazon either. They say it was dispatched Monday, but no sign of it so far. Royal Mail incompetence or Amazon porkies about sending it???
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I have nothing to offer other than to wish you both good luck for today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that He4rt. Is it today that the double XP weekend on Blops 2 starts ?. I hope I don't miss out on that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't received my copy from Amazon either. They say it was dispatched Monday, but no sign of it so far. Royal Mail incompetence or Amazon porkies about sending it???

Same with me m8. I got an email telling me it had been dispatched on Mon and would be delivered on Tues. Yeah right :(
  • ToytownAssassinToytownAssassin Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    It's Amazons fault for using a shoddy service like the royal mail.

The copy I got for my daughter was shipped Monday and arrived Tuesday (super saver!) but that was the hardened edition so came by courier and avoided our hapless and hopeless posty. Anything small enough to come royal mail can take 1 week +. Even the 1st class stuff takes 3-4 days with the posty now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Amazons fault for using a shoddy service like the royal mail.

The copy I got for my daughter was shipped Monday and arrived Tuesday (super saver!) but that was the hardened edition so came by courier and avoided our hapless and hopeless posty. Anything small enough to come royal mail can take 1 week +. Even the 1st class stuff takes 3-4 days with the posty now.

Yeah both my nephews received their hardened edition copies on Tues morning from Amazon.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id say its an Amazon problem, I live in London and I rarely if ever have a problem with Royal mail. I could post a game at 9am on Monday with 1st class recorded and 99% of the it will be delivered the following day anywhere in Mainland UK. I sell all my old games on ebay and Royal Mail are perfect for it. Can you not ask Amazon for a tracking number or something? you would be able to find the true post date with one.

Also on the comment about Amazons bad reviews hurting the game, it wont. Activision dont need help in doing that :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i did mention a tracking number but Amazon said it didn't have one so i'm kind of stuffed. Post been delivered and still no game :(
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not missing much. Personally, i'm getting bored with it after playing for only 20 mins.

Bit of a let down, like every other Cod. But it's a wee bit better than the last Treyarch game, i have to admit.

Hope you get your copy today. That's unreal that you're still waiting. :eek:
  • Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Legally, it's Amazon's problem.

They are the customer of whichever delivery company that they used to send it to you. Amazon is responsible for ensuring that your order arrives, not you or the delivery company.

Amazon's policy just makes no sense.

If you try and place an order with First Class Delivery, they'll tell you that it takes between one and two days. If you place a pre-order, they suddenly change that to one day.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i pre ordered in blockbuster, and walked into tesco on Tuesday and picked it up..

i have two copies so me and my son can play together online

stacks of copies in tesco
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gonna go just buy a copy from the shop and return the pre-ordered one to Amazon (if it ever arrives) but I wasn't sure if it would come with Nuketown (some people have mentioned that some copies come without it unless it's been pre-ordered.