Vote for Doctor Who at the NTAs!

Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So that time of the year has come around again. The NTAs have come back and Doctor Who has received its 8th consecutive nomination for Best Drama, while Matt Smith and Karen Gillan have both been nominated for Best Actor and Actress respectively.

http://www.nationaltvawards.com/

I hope we can at least achieve a repeat of last year, as opposed to 2010, but a clean sweep for DW would be awesome considering it’s the 50th year.

(And a few votes for The Chase wouldn’t hurt either. :D )

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    And me too.

Pleased with my choices as well.
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    Voted. It's a pity the drama vote will split imaginatively-minded people against Downton. :rolleyes:
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted, but I think Who might struggle this year. The Best Drama category has three genre shows that will split the vote, whilst Downton is already very popular and is the most 'mainstream' show of the bunch.

Matt might edge Best Actor, given that Sherlock aired a lot longer ago. But Cumberpatch has become an arguably more recognisable actor, and on that basis he might score a few more "I've heard of him" votes.

And sadly Hart will inevitably win best actress, regardless of her actual acting ability.:rolleyes:
  • CraigpughCraigpugh Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    voted!
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    The first time I voted my internet connection timed out and the error page that they show is hilarious.
    It shows's a picture of Judy Finnigan when her top came undone
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not gonna vote for Who after it's been so dumbed down by Moffat. :mad: I'll wait until it deserves it hopefully when it improves with a decent Showrunner. And Gillan as best actress? :confused: Please! Agree to vote for The Chase though! :)
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dumbed down?! I thought it was incredibly complicated so that nobody could understand it and as a result, people were turning off in the millions!

Hmm.. ;):p
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Wow, hard choice between Merlin Sherlock and DW :eek:

I compromised, DW best Drama, Colin Morgan best actor. The Merlin finale was just so well done, Colin acted his socks off, the direction and writing were superb. Shame it's not returning :cry:
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I compromised as well. I picked Doctor Who for best Drama series. Karen Gillan as Best Actress (why can't we vote for supporting people like Arthur!?!) and Benedict Cumberbatch for Best Actor because he was so superb as Sherlock. Especially having seen them all again recently from the beginning. He settled into his part better than Matt Smith did; however having said that Matt has really grown on me.

Does that make me a traitor? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it was quite hard to decide, very close to call in.

Best Drama - Doctor Who, with Merlin a very close second.
    Best Drama Performance: Male - Colin Morgan, he really did outshine the others this year, despite some amazing performances by Matt, Daniel and Benedict.
    Best Drama Performance: Female - Suranne Jones, although this was a tough one to pick as Miranda and Sheriden (I so want Lucy Miller back in Dr Who!) are bloody excellent. Karen has also improved hugely over the years and is a great actress but has yet to reach her potential.
  • SamsterSamster Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Voted :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes::pI thinnnk vote on what you want rather than loyaltty tto dr whho
    best soap eassstenders
    best soap star michelle keagan a possible future dr who aassitant
    best drama sherrlock

best male benedict bby far
    best female dear me though miranda suits her rrole , i still think kareen put in the best performance and can alien aant and dec nottt win this year !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I admit that I voted for Merlin, it's not getting nominated again so it would be especially nice if it won against such massive shows as a last hurrah. Did vote for Karen however :) I wish Arthur Darvill had been nominated for something, he gets left out because Matt is the main male character... As it's the 50th year (who knew!:D) I wonder if there will be a special Doctor Who mention?
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Dumbed down?! I thought it was incredibly complicated so that nobody could understand it and as a result, people were turning off in the millions!

Hmm.. ;):p

Moffatt managed the amazing feat of both dumbing down the show and making it incredibly complicated all at the same time :D
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's dumbed down. I think it's much better since Moffat took over. Some people are complaining that it was too complicated (which I don't personally agree with) so he only puts a small arc in and now people are saying it's not clever anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for all the Doctor who ones, except I put Sheridan Smith in for Actress, ...Because I want her on screen in Doctor who:)

So, yeah it's amazing that a show can be so dumbed down that it should be on CBBC.....at 10pm,so the only people up will be those who can handle the adult content and extreme intricate plots.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had to agree with the Sheridan Smith nod. Pleasantly surprised this year. Tough vote all round.
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    I don't think it's dumbed down. I think it's much better since Moffat took over. Some people are complaining that it was too complicated (which I don't personally agree with) so he only puts a small arc in and now people are saying it's not clever anymore.

You aren't trying to bait another stupid argument between Russell fans and Steven fans are you? I think we have had enough after 3 years! :yawn:
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    Had to agree with the Sheridan Smith nod. Pleasantly surprised this year. Tough vote all round.

Sheridan's amazing I think.

Jenna should get the nod next year.
  • MediaMattersMediaMatters Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    :eek: :D Hour-long episodes of the Eighth Doctor, still on iPlayer. Sure, some may have been repeated but even so... What a way to start the 50th Anniversary Year! :eek: :cool:

Do you think they recorded those stories with Paul McGann recently or at the "blink-or-you'll-miss-it" brief time he was the Eighth Doctor on TV? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I voted for Matt Smith and Doctor Who but I didn't vote for Karen Gillan, I voted for Sheridan Smith instead.
  • snakecharmer37snakecharmer37 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Voted. I went for Tom Baker as best male actor Doctor Who and then........

Sorry, got stuck in a time warp there. I changed it to Matt Smith.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: :D Hour-long episodes of the Eighth Doctor, still on iPlayer. Sure, some may have been repeated but even so... What a way to start the 50th Anniversary Year! :eek: :cool:

Do you think they recorded those stories with Paul McGann recently or at the "blink-or-you'll-miss-it" brief time he was the Eighth Doctor on TV? :confused:

I've just recently seen these myself. Listened to 2 so far. Good stuff.

I think they are fairly recent recordings(in the last 10 years anyway), but I'm sure someone has the actual real date they are from.

On another note. Does anyone know how to download from I-Player? Preferrably straight to mobile?
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just recently seen these myself. Listened to 2 so far. Good stuff.

I think they are fairly recent recordings(in the last 10 years anyway), but I'm sure someone has the actual real date they are from.

The eighth doctor stuff on iplayer is from 2010-2011