why does cbs refuse to show this?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
Forum Member
✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcmnVw-RQM0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
But has no problem showing how much of a racist aaryn is. Wishing bodily harm on people is taking it to another level entirely.

Comments

• V1Chris21V1Chris21 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcmnVw-RQM0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    But has no problem showing how much of a racist aaryn is. Wishing bodily harm on people is taking it to another level entirely.

I had to stop watching after the talk about Jessie - What the hell goes through Amanda's mind? It can't even be for jokes as who thinks killing someone and then raping them is funny?
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, Amanda is certainly a hypocrite. Everything she says (or is prompted to say by production) in the Diary Room is hypocritical. She is no position to comment on Aaryn's remarks.

However, if they genuinely believed she was a threat to another houseguest, if they believed her remarks about bodily harm were genuine threats, they would be forced to intervene at this stage. I think Amanda is just passively joking, especially when it came to the Jessie/Candice remarks, though of course it isn't funny.

Amanda and Aaryn are two of the strongest players this season. It is a game essentially and I try not to get caught up in their prejudices! I don't believe either Amanda or Aaryn are racist, but have made racially insensitive comments - in the same sense I don't believe Spencer is sexist despite his comments about women. Regarding the CBS edit, I do worry they have scapegoated Aaryn in particular. They should have addressed the prejudices but not put the spotlight on either houseguest from the beginning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always knew Amanda is like this.. I'm surprised by Judd.. I guess you can't trust anyone these days... Sad.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The strangest comments were what they said they would do to Jessie. And then Spencer was like "yeah, tears and blood make the best lube". And even Judd was sitting there agreeing with them. Very creepy and weird.:(

I've tried to let go of the racism / homophobic thing though. It's sad, but a lot of them seem to be as bad as each other, and it's like an in joke between them all now. Amanda is definitely pretty bad though.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It infuriates me how much they've cut out in regards to racism, homophobia and other issues, and how some people aren't even being associated with the controversy despite being just as much a part of it.

Please tell me it wasn't Candice laughing when Jeremy said "Queer boy". If so, she's a massive hypocrite. :(
  • QueenPixieQueenPixie Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone should email CBS
  • molly nogginmolly noggin Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Journal wrote: »
    Well, Amanda is certainly a hypocrite. Everything she says (or is prompted to say by production) in the Diary Room is hypocritical. She is no position to comment on Aaryn's remarks.

However, if they genuinely believed she was a threat to another houseguest, if they believed her remarks about bodily harm were genuine threats, they would be forced to intervene at this stage. I think Amanda is just passively joking, especially when it came to the Jessie/Candice remarks, though of course it isn't funny.
    I agree. A major difference between Amanda and Aryan is that Amanda hasn't been vile to her target's face or actually bullied anyone and therefore what she has said has not caused any drama worthy of the highlights show. If another HG had challenged her and things had kicked off a la bedgate, that might have made a difference.

Aryan has directly bullied Candice by tipping her bed and then mocking her to her face, using Candice's ethnicity to do so. That makes for watchable TV, which is what BB wants.

I don't imagine Amanda is the only HG in history to have made disgusting and inappropriate comments, jokingly or not, but unless they have a direct impact on other HGs and potentially on the game, they can't really justify showing such comments.
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It infuriates me how much they've cut out in regards to racism, homophobia and other issues, and how some people aren't even being associated with the controversy despite being just as much a part of it.

Please tell me it wasn't Candice laughing when Jeremy said "Queer boy". If so, she's a massive hypocrite. :(

It was Amanda who laughed when Jeremy said that.
  • mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amanda is receiving a very favourable edit indeed. But she isn't in the same league as Evel Dick, whose edit may have played a significant part in his win in BB8.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rwzHl0wGug

WARNING DO NOT WATCH IF YOU ARE OF A DELICATE DISPOSITION
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. A major difference between Amanda and Aryan is that Amanda hasn't been vile to her target's face or actually bullied anyone and therefore what she has said has not caused any drama worthy of the highlights show. If another HG had challenged her and things had kicked off a la bedgate, that might have made a difference.

Aryan has directly bullied Candice by tipping her bed and then mocking her to her face, using Candice's ethnicity to do so. That makes for watchable TV, which is what BB wants.

I don't imagine Amanda is the only HG in history to have made disgusting and inappropriate comments, jokingly or not, but unless they have a direct impact on other HGs and potentially on the game, they can't really justify showing such comments.

They showed Aaryn being racist before bedgate when she was just talking to GinaMarie and Kaitlin about the Asian stuff. The only person she has confronted with racial things is Candice and that happened after the initial reason Twitter went up in flames at her. The very first complaints I saw werwnt even about Aaryn, they were about GinaMarie calling welfare ni**er insurance. The Amanda cover up just makes the conspiracy theories seem true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone send it to TMZ already!! CBS will freak out and air it
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not watched the stupid video. There are many conversations, or compilations of clips that could damn every person in that house.

But, from what's been said here, sounds like it was a convo including Amanda, Judd and Spencer at the very least.

Why is it that everyone's got their back up about Amanda, and heaping hate on her ... and the not the others?
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    Amanda is receiving a very favourable edit indeed. But she isn't in the same league as Evel Dick, whose edit may have played a significant part in his win in BB8.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rwzHl0wGug

WARNING DO NOT WATCH IF YOU ARE OF A DELICATE DISPOSITION

I forgot how much I hated Dick, along with Nick and pretty much the entirety of the BB8 cast (except poor Jenius, and some of the others like Jessica / Kail / Mike / Zach were tolerable to an extent).:(

Jen really got such a rough deal in the house. Especially since even when she left she was always seen as the villain and Dick the hero even though she barely did anything wrong.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reserved wrote: »
    It was Amanda who laughed when Jeremy said that.

Ah okay, thanks. I thought she was in the area too, and I had previously heard that she'd said some things that could be construed as anti-gay, but I've never actually found out what exactly. Hopefully it was just something taken wrong, because she's one of the few seemingly-likeable ones at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EnricoIV wrote: »
    I've not watched the stupid video. There are many conversations, or compilations of clips that could damn every person in that house.

But, from what's been said here, sounds like it was a convo including Amanda, Judd and Spencer at the very least.

Why is it that everyone's got their back up about Amanda, and heaping hate on her ... and the not the others?

Because Amanda has been portrayed as a saint on the actual show. They have gone out of their way to show her in a flattering light. None of the others have had this treatment. It isn't just Amanda and no one has said it is just her, but CBS are showing a completely different Amanda than the feeds show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This video has just made a few national headlines. CBS will be forced to show some of it on TV just like what happened with Aaryn. They didn't show anything until news sources picked up the mass Twitter hatred and reported about it. They are even pointing out Amanda's hypocrisy in confronting Aaryn about the same thing she is doing. Twitter strikes again!! Third time this year, i think, Twitter has lead the charge in national news headlines that affect what the people want to see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This video has just made a few national headlines. CBS will be forced to show some of it on TV just like what happened with Aaryn. They didn't show anything until news sources picked up the mass Twitter hatred and reported about it. They are even pointing out Amanda's hypocrisy in confronting Aaryn about the same thing she is doing. Twitter strikes again!! Third time this year, i think, Twitter has lead the charge in national news headlines that affect what the people want to see.

WHAT!! SHOW ME SHOW ME!!
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    what a f*** Hypocrite...she makes Aaryn seem like an angel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I truly believe we should tweet the video to perezhilton and send a tip for tmz about this!! I already tweeted @cbsbigbrother about it!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A producer of the show favorites a tweet asking him if it was hard editing Amanda to be the golden child.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A producer of the show favorites a tweet asking him if it was hard editing Amanda to be the golden child.

show me!!! omg!!:eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QueenPixie wrote: »
    show me!!! omg!!:eek::eek:

His name is Chris DeJoseph(former wrestler). Can't put the link from my phone if I'm not signed in to Twitter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His name is Chris DeJoseph(former wrestler). Can't put the link from my phone if I'm not signed in to Twitter.

Thank you! BTW, you know everything :D
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ dick was a horrible man. And amanda? I liked her and wsnted her to win tilk I saw that video